Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 08:36   #286
God Member

Re: HBC have taken away the benches from outside the market

Gary, trolling really doesn't suit you love, the amount of posts you have written in this thread is unbelievable, please take a look all the way through this thread and read everything you have wrote
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-11-2011, 08:38   #287
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
we have to remember that councillors have lives aswell as being councillors, they do have day jobs and families and can't be expected to come on here everyday
Wrong, they DO come on here either everyday or al least most days, it's just that they don't say anything anymore, although they seemed to have time to spout off before May 2010. Funny that.

As for being the subject of criticism, well, they were quite happy to dish it out when they were in opposition, so if they can't take it, they shouldn't be in politics.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:40   #288
God Member

Flashy - I agree - obsessive behaviour can alienate others from the cause he seems to be 'fighting' for.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:43   #289
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Wrong, they DO come on here either everyday or al least most days, it's just that they don't say anything anymore, although they seemed to have time to spout off before May 2010. Funny that.

As for being the subject of criticism, well, they were quite happy to dish it out when they were in opposition, so if they can't take it, they shouldn't be in politics.

Wyn, are you surprised they don't say anything anymore? how would you feel if everything you said was criticized? even you must be able to see this for what it is, if you feel what politicians are doing is wrong then why don't you become one yourself and lets see how many people get on your back about things, i keep an open mind about everything but this is just getting beyond a joke and is making this forum look stupid
Old 04-11-2011, 08:56   #290
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Strangely, in the past, I used to get loads of giddily excited p.m.'s from all the persons mentioned previously, egging me on.

But I haven't had one for simply ages.

I've just had a weird thought.

Do you think it's because when they messaged me so often before, ripping in to stupid stuff our council did, it was because the council was controlled by another party.

Nah, no one could be that transparent, and fickle.
Oh come on Rindi, even you couldn't be so naive
Old 04-11-2011, 08:57   #291
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wyn, are you surprised they don't say anything anymore? how would you feel if everything you said was criticized? even you must be able to see this for what it is, if you feel what politicians are doing is wrong then why don't you become one yourself and lets see how many people get on your back about things, i keep an open mind about everything but this is just getting beyond a joke and is making this forum look stupid
I repeat, they seemed quite happy to air their views when they were in opposition. If they're now witholding their opinions because of fear of criticism, they really shouldn't be in politics.

Let's not forget what this particular thread is all about - the removal of benches from the town centre, because the authorities don't seem to have a solution to the problem of abusive drunks (although other towns/cities seem to have sorted it).

Perhaps a small matter in itself but it's one more nail in the coffin of what was once a thriving town centre. To watch it decline is heartbreaking for an owd Accy lad like myself and must be deeply disturbing for town centre traders like LancsDave as their potential customer base shrinks.

Flashy, it really isn't Gary on his own here, as you seem to think. A lot of people on Accyweb share his disillusionment with local politicians at the moment!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:02   #292
God Member

i doubt its for fear of criticism Wyn, more about members on here twisting everything they have to say....i didn't say it was just Gary did i? you'll find that i said something along the lines of 'it's not fair for them to be shot to pieces at every given opportunity Gary, no one can please everyone, ALL of the time, as you all well know i say what i mean constantly and i think this is all getting out of hand'
Old 04-11-2011, 09:05   #293
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
I am happy to post. In fact I suspect I write too much and post too much and some would prefer I was less engaging!

I have always said the same thing, people who comment on here are often absent at the meetings put on for them and don't see the 'other cavalry' (protestors against the porotestors)- just over the hill waiting to make the same criticisms about folks not listening and do it 'their way'.

It;s always gone on and always will do and we are all guilty of seeing things through our own prism. Anyone that says they are never guilty of it is somewhere between a hypocrite and a egotistical fool in my book.

You just have to learn to take the crap full square on.
Um you used term hypocrite and a egotistical fool in my book, because that is exactly how I've consider you for a long time Graham, but its only now that other people are see you in the same light
Old 04-11-2011, 09:06   #294
Super Moderator

Quote:
i doubt its for fear of criticism Wyn, more about members on here twisting everything they have to say.
Curiously, they didn't seem to have a problem with this in the past.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:08   #295
God Member

they are damned if they do and damned if they don't
Old 04-11-2011, 09:10   #296
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To me removing those benches is near as ridiculous as the closing of the bogs,by the other lot, i'm fortunate i aint had a need to use em, but its a simple matter of whats right n whats wrong, n the trolling on here is by margaret r n flashy as far as i' see it, if thats what yeh think start yer own thread about it.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:13   #297
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To me removing those benches is near as ridiculous as the closing of the bogs,by the other lot, i'm fortunate i aint had a need to use em, but its a simple matter of whats right n whats wrong, n the trolling on here is by margaret r n flashy as far as i' see it, if thats what yeh think start yer own thread about it.
so people winding others up and taking people to pieces isn't classed as trolling is it not Cashy? ok, if you say so
Old 04-11-2011, 09:15   #298
Super Moderator

Quote:
so people winding others up and taking people to pieces isn't classed as trolling is it not Cashy? ok, if you say so
Criticising politicians, both local and national, for bad decisions certainly isn't. If that "winds them up" they really shouldn't be in public life.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:16   #299
God Member

yes Wyn
Old 04-11-2011, 09:18   #300
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
That's apart from the messages you sent me, with information you wanted publicly leaked, but were too afraid to do yourself.

Well I'll got to the foot of our stairs Rindi, these are the same people who year after year accused me of doing Britcliffe bidding both on here and in Letters to the Press, something which in my case never ever happened. In fact in the run up to the local elections this year I point blankly refused to post on here political dogma to aid the then ruling group, I wouldn't treat the people on this site with such disrespect. However, it now appears there were some people who didn't hold the same high principals and would stop at nothing to get their grubby hands on power, but the people should have remembered back to good old 1997 when we were greeted at every tern by D-ream and things can only get better and we all know how that ended up

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..