Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 09:23   #301
Resting in Peace

Re: HBC have taken away the benches from outside the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I am sure I have said this in the past when the other lot were in the big seat - AccyWeb is not HBC's official method of communication for responding to enquiries. If a Councillor wants to respond as Ken has been doing that's up to him but if you want to ask the Council a question then use the correct channels.

AccyWeb is good for Council bashing though
Ya Neil but there is hypocrisy, the same people who were very garrulous on here for years, have now suddenly disappeared, and why, if your reading threads on here about a department you are in charge of, why not post their thoughts about the problem and not just PM certain members.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:27   #302
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
we have to remember that councillors have lives as well as being councillors, they do have day jobs and families and can't be expected to come on here everyday, it's not fair for them to be shot to pieces at every given opportunity Gary,
That's funny Shaz they didn't seem to have any problems in opposition, funny how they've dried up when they have to answer the questions
Old 04-11-2011, 09:32   #303
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To me removing those benches is near as ridiculous as the closing of the bogs,by the other lot, i'm fortunate i aint had a need to use em, but its a simple matter of whats right n whats wrong, n the trolling on here is by margaret r n flashy as far as i' see it, if thats what yeh think start yer own thread about it.
I object to being labelled a 'troll'.
I have pointed out that more benches are needed, not none, so I am in agreement with the reasons behind this thread.

However - the topic is being thrashed to death by obsessive postings which don't add any weight to the original argument.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:36   #304
Give, give, give member

Quote:
we have to remember that councillors have lives aswell as being councillors, they do have day jobs and families and can't be expected to come on here everyday, it's not fair for them to be shot to pieces at every given opportunity Gary, no one can please everyone, ALL of the time, as you all well know i say what i mean constantly and i think this is all getting out of hand, you lot weren't happy with the last lot who where in power and it seems that you lot still aren't happy with the lot who are in power now, i don't know much about politics but i do know that the shizzle you are coming out with is coming across as a load of bollox and i think you have gone too far now, we have all had our own jobs to do in the past, how would you have felt to be constantly undermined in everything you did in that job? it's just not on and i think there should be an end to it before it is said that Accyweb is just a bullying forum, that wouldn't be fair on Roy and would make him look like a right fool, which isn't what this forum is about
No, but like everyone on here I'm allowed to have a moan, just like every other non-politican has in this thread, when people in charge do what we all agree are daft things.

Politicans have been keen to some on here in the past, and acted no differently from how I've said things, or as anyone else does.

Unless I break forum rules, or the law, I and anyone else are free to have a grumble at the crap we have to put up with.

Politicans aren't forced to reply, or even read it.

If they do, that's their choice.

I shall carry on posting here, exactly the same way as I have since 2005.

If some don't like it, because they're now in charge, and no longer want to encourage me...as they did when they were in opposition....tough.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:41   #305
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Gary, trolling really doesn't suit you love, the amount of posts you have written in this thread is unbelievable, please take a look all the way through this thread and read everything you have wrote
I stand by every word I posted.

As you say, you know little, or care much about politics, so your sudden interest, is quite amusing.

I'll carrry on posting, and if I break the rules, I'll presumably be banned.

I haven't so far.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:52   #306
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Flashy - I agree - obsessive behaviour can alienate others from the cause he seems to be 'fighting' for.
Quote:
Wyn, are you surprised they don't say anything anymore? how would you feel if everything you said was criticized? even you must be able to see this for what it is, if you feel what politicians are doing is wrong then why don't you become one yourself and lets see how many people get on your back about things, i keep an open mind about everything but this is just getting beyond a joke and is making this forum look stupid
Quote:
i doubt its for fear of criticism Wyn, more about members on here twisting everything they have to say....i didn't say it was just Gary did i? you'll find that i said something along the lines of 'it's not fair for them to be shot to pieces at every given opportunity Gary, no one can please everyone, ALL of the time, as you all well know i say what i mean constantly and i think this is all getting out of hand'
Quote:
so people winding others up and taking people to pieces isn't classed as trolling is it not Cashy? ok, if you say so
Quote:
I object to being labelled a 'troll'.
I have pointed out that more benches are needed, not none, so I am in agreement with the reasons behind this thread.

However - the topic is being thrashed to death by obsessive postings which don't add any weight to the original argument.
Object away yer entitled too, yeh gave your opinion, as yer entitled, i gave mine, i reckon all politicos from all parties would like certain subjects to roll oer n die,go away then so does the problem. i reckon you 2 are being as selfish as rindy says he is, cos i guess none of yeh ever used those benches? to me the only way to have a remote chance of resolving this problem,is to keep banging on about it, not rocket science.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:54   #307
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well I'll got to the foot of our stairs Rindi, these are the same people who year after year accused me of doing Britcliffe bidding both on here and in Letters to the Press, something which in my case never ever happened. In fact in the run up to the local elections this year I point blankly refused to post on here political dogma to aid the then ruling group, I wouldn't treat the people on this site with such disrespect. However, it now appears there were some people who didn't hold the same high principals and would stop at nothing to get their grubby hands on power, but the people should have remembered back to good old 1997 when we were greeted at every tern by D-ream and things can only get better and we all know how that ended up
I only ever leaked information passed to me by Labour politicans, if I believed it was in the public interest...and it was something I could conceivably have known myself.

I didn't publicly leak everything given to me.

Being a slovenly housekeeper, I still have it all stored, handily.

Just in case I'm labelled a liar, as well as a right-wing Little Englander.

Sun's out now!

Be lovely, enjoying this late autumn sunshine.

Sat outside Accy Market Hall.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:09   #308
Give, give, give member

...and for those with little, or no interest in politics, up until now.

If you're worried about the poor little souls, who for whatever reason CHOOSE to go into political life.

Use the advance search on Accy Web.

Type in their timid little mouse usernames.

Then in the key-word section type in things like 'Britcliffe' or 'Karen Buckley', and be prepared to have your eyes opened.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:21   #309
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
...and for those with little, or no interest in politics, up until now.

If you're worried about the poor little souls, who for whatever reason CHOOSE to go into political life.

Use the advance search on Accy Web.

Type in their timid little mouse usernames.

Then in the key-word section type in things like 'Britcliffe' or 'Karen Buckley', and be prepared to have your eyes opened.

Your a little rascal you Rindi
Old 04-11-2011, 10:48   #310
Give, give, give member

...and unlike some, my observations are aimed at how politicans act, and are not personal attacks.

I said last week Graham Jones was a 'good man, with a good heart'.

Yesterday I posted that I like Ken Moss, after chatting to him in my home, on more than one occasion.

Wendy Dwyer is an inspiration to me, both as a person, and a politican.

I disagree with Bernard on a number of issues, but I respect his determined stand. You could never accuse him of hypocrisy.

Claytonender is another councillor I have great respect for, as I do for Clare Pritchard, on a personal level.

I oppose bad, politically motivated actions, not people.

It's quite laughable that some now decide to butt in, making pathetic accusations of bullying.

Especially if it's done by people who just a short time ago rubbished every post made by a certain councillor on here, whatever the subject. Which seemed less politically motivated, and every inch a personal vendetta.

Fortunately most of us have memories longer than that of a goldfish.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:54   #311
God Member

Deary Deary me, here we go again
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:19   #312
God Member

Quote:

I do feel I've reached a plateau on this subject.

Unless there are any actual constructive posts made, which I may wish to comment on.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:33   #313
Give, give, give member

Quote:

You should have called me, if someone was holding you hostage, forcing you to read any of this.

I'd have popped up there, and organised your rescue.

Before you get too giddy, all being well, I'm due in the vicinity of the missing benches tomorrow.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:38   #314
Super Moderator

Quote:
I didn't publicly leak everything given to me.

Being a slovenly housekeeper, I still have it all stored, handily.

Just in case I'm labelled a liar, as well as a right-wing Little Englander
You're a lying, right-wing Little Englander.

Now spill!
Old 04-11-2011, 11:53   #315
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

This thread has started to get personal between members and that is not acceptable.
I have no problem with the thread moaning about the council and there actions/policies and to a point councilors but please remember that any comments targeting members are likely to be removed if reported and if the mods feel comments are out of order are likely to be removed even if they are not reported.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..