Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2008, 18:29   #31
Senior Member+

Re: How would you deal with anti-social behaviour?

yep....cos i am addicted to nicotene

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-05-2008, 18:32   #32
God Member

You would normally feel 'out of sorts' at the very least if you were to break any addiction, your body gets used to the addictive substance, when you change, the body resents the change, this goes for any habit, even a non addictive one like a particular routine, if you break the routine, you will spend time feeling out of sorts.

Another thread wander by the way blazey, too late to break the habit now, lol
Old 11-05-2008, 18:38   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
You would normally feel 'out of sorts' at the very least if you were to break any addiction, your body gets used to the addictive substance, when you change, the body resents the change, this goes for any habit, even a non addictive one like a particular routine, if you break the routine, you will spend time feeling out of sorts.

Another thread wander by the way blazey, too late to break the habit now, lol
Never mind, my youthful spontaneity will hopefully be appreciated by someone somewhere.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 21:26   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Never mind, my youthful spontaneity will hopefully be appreciated by someone somewhere.
Try speakers corner.

Why not allow the victims of all crimes to claim for their loss through the County Courts and put the criminals in debt for the rest of their lives?
and hound them with baliffs if they do not pay up.........parking fines spark these bullies into action...why not the real criminals?

No credit - No Mortgage - No Car......only an idea?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950

Last edited by Royboy39; 11-05-2008 at 21:30.
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 22:28   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Why not allow the victims of all crimes to claim for their loss through the County Courts and put the criminals in debt for the rest of their lives?
and hound them with baliffs if they do not pay up.........parking fines spark these bullies into action...why not the real criminals?

Second thoughts on this why not make the County Court order automatic at the expense of the government?

I was burgled just before I left England..I lost a few items which I could not replace at any price...the nerd who did it got twelve months but I feel this plonker is still in debt to me.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:02   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Ok, I will say it again, bring back national service, hanging, birch, etc etc, polly, your are beginning to sounds like a social worker, and in my opinion, they are part of the problem, plenty of good intention but no idea about reality, you cannot blame the parents totally, and cannot go around removing children from families because one/all the children have problems, you need to diagnose the problems CORRECTLY first, then address those problems, removing the kids is not the answer, I have two adopted children who are problematic, so am I to be locked up, and my other kids taken away because of that?
I am surprised that anyone with adopted children, particularly 'problematic' ones could interpret anything I have written as being the views of a social worker. The theory withing social services is that children should be kept with their own, natural families at any cost. This is the reason we have so many 'problematic' children.

A correct (clinically evaluated) diagnosis can take years, during which time the child gets worse and society at large suffers greatly.

Many parents have either lost control or never had it in the first place. Not removing the child and giving them a better chance elsewhere is an infringement of their human rights and makes us all suffer.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:03   #37

Quote:
Try speakers corner.

Why not indeed............ and if the criminal is under 18 (yes 18 parental should not stop at 16) the lets hound the parents too... its their fualt let them pay.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:24   #38
God Member

Oh yes, let's take away peoples rights to mortgages and cars, how many criminals would you expect this to disadvantage? Fines do occur, problem is that most people only pay them a little bit at a time because they can't afford to just pay massive lump sums, and if you did force them to it would only increase the problem of poverty and no doubt increase crimes, particularly shop lifting and muggings.

If that was a realistic idea, I don't think the government would hesitate to implement such a harsh fining system. Can't think of anything else the government holds back on sponging money from, so why not? Because it would be ridiculously damaging to society, which is pretty damn obvious.

And just a reminder for Royboy39, but this is a public forum, so in theory it IS pretty much a place for me to air my views whether you like them or not. Stop aiming your sarcastic abusive comments at me. This forum (allegedly) doesn't tolerate personal attacks, and I don't see why I should be made to feel unwelcome.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:26   #39
God Member

Just to add, children are criminally liable from the age of ten.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:44   #40
God Member

"Stop aiming your sarcastic abusive comments at me. This forum (allegedly) doesn't tolerate personal attacks, and I don't see why I should be made to feel unwelcome"
You aren't being singled out Blazey - quite a few of us have been in his 'firing line'.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:58   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
"Stop aiming your sarcastic abusive comments at me. This forum (allegedly) doesn't tolerate personal attacks, and I don't see why I should be made to feel unwelcome"
You aren't being singled out Blazey - quite a few of us have been in his 'firing line'.
For good reason sometimes......picking on the odd members of this forum really gets my back up when it is obvious that the one on the receiving end is not as well versed as the attacker.

Stick together you two girls.......your brownie points are mounting.

One of the attributes of a good member is not to try and make the other member look or appear silly.

Blazey...........when the boot is on the other foot you dont like it...It shows.

Old 12-05-2008, 11:14   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
For good reason sometimes......picking on the odd members of this forum really gets my back up when it is obvious that the one on the receiving end is not as well versed as the attacker.

Stick together you two girls.......your brownie points are mounting.

One of the attributes of a good member is not to try and make the other member look or appear silly.

Blazey...........when the boot is on the other foot you dont like it...It shows.
do you think you are a good member?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:29   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
do you think you are a good member?
Thats not for me to say........I have a lot of friends on these forums and one or two who dont agree with what I post....such is life.

To carry on with the subject........Where is this anti social behaviour going to end?
Three Injured In Darwen Woods Attack (from Lancashire Telegraph)

I think the attackers in this disgusting display of cowardice should be put away for a very long time?

Old 12-05-2008, 14:32   #44
Resting in Peace

Easy:

Prison

( but not a holiday camp)

Basic Small Cell, food and water. and Absolutely no frills:

( or phone cards )

They can spend their time doing good... making things, Braille translation and so on:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 14:38   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Just to add, children are criminally liable from the age of ten.
In theory yes, in practise we are constantly seeing the 11 - 18 year olds getting away with alsorts. We need to deal with reality not what the books say.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..