Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2008, 14:40   #46

Re: How would you deal with anti-social behaviour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
Easy:

Prison

( but not a holiday camp)

Basic Small Cell, food and water. and Absolutely no frills:

( or phone cards )

They can spend their time doing good... making things, Braille translation and so on:
How about throwing in some character and skill building hard labour too - unpaid of course?
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-05-2008, 14:47   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post

And just a reminder for Royboy39, but this is a public forum, so in theory it IS pretty much a place for me to air my views whether you like them or not. Stop aiming your sarcastic abusive comments at me. This forum (allegedly) doesn't tolerate personal attacks, and I don't see why I should be made to feel unwelcome.
thats EXACTLY what you did on the other thread, ya got to be able to take it, or not give it. just airing me views.lol
Old 12-05-2008, 14:51   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
How about throwing in some character and skill building hard labour too - unpaid of course?
Yes sounds good .... I am so sick of these yobs getting away with almost every wrong they do: WE ARE FAR TOO SOFT OF THEM. prison should mean just that: ( then we could build more of them )
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 17:09   #49
God Member

Quote:
In theory yes, in practise we are constantly seeing the 11 - 18 year olds getting away with alsorts. We need to deal with reality not what the books say.
There are many cases were 10-18 year olds have been convicted, not to mention Thomson and Venebles being controversially tried in an adult court.

Last time I was in court I saw a 17yr old get fined for the 3rd time, and she didn't look at all bothered, which is why I stand by my views that fining doesn't make a difference.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 17:10   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thats EXACTLY what you did on the other thread, ya got to be able to take it, or not give it. just airing me views.lol
Well I don't know if you have noticed, but he seems to have developed a personal vendetta against me simply for asking him what he reported the other day.

I'm not imagining it because other people have asked me what his problem is, so I don't particularly care if you want to jump on his bandwagon.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 18:01   #51
God Member

Quote:
I am surprised that anyone with adopted children, particularly 'problematic' ones could interpret anything I have written as being the views of a social worker. The theory withing social services is that children should be kept with their own, natural families at any cost. This is the reason we have so many 'problematic' children.

A correct (clinically evaluated) diagnosis can take years, during which time the child gets worse and society at large suffers greatly.

Many parents have either lost control or never had it in the first place. Not removing the child and giving them a better chance elsewhere is an infringement of their human rights and makes us all suffer.
Ok polly, my adopted children are far less problematic now than with thier natural father (who is a drug dealing/using, drunkard, who cant hold a job down, has been to prison, and has several convictions since, and is still on probation at 27) social workers are keen to allow him access to the kids, even though he had absolutely nothing to do with for 3 years, paid nothing towards thier upkeep, and recently sent them a dvd as a present which turned out to be a bad copy, and was a 15 cert, the eldest is 7? He mentally and physically abused the mother. So if the kids remain problematic, who goes to prison? me, or him?
Old 12-05-2008, 18:12   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Well I don't know if you have noticed, but he seems to have developed a personal vendetta against me simply for asking him what he reported the other day.

I'm not imagining it because other people have asked me what his problem is, so I don't particularly care if you want to jump on his bandwagon.
not jumping on anybodys bandwagon, have disagreed very strongly with royboy on some issues, just giving my opinion without deducting karma, unlike some
Old 13-05-2008, 12:47   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Ok polly, my adopted children are far less problematic now than with thier natural father (who is a drug dealing/using, drunkard, who cant hold a job down, has been to prison, and has several convictions since, and is still on probation at 27) social workers are keen to allow him access to the kids, even though he had absolutely nothing to do with for 3 years, paid nothing towards thier upkeep, and recently sent them a dvd as a present which turned out to be a bad copy, and was a 15 cert, the eldest is 7? He mentally and physically abused the mother. So if the kids remain problematic, who goes to prison? me, or him?
Oh him definitely, after all he seems not only to be the cause but also to be aggravating the situation. Your circumstances seem to prove my point that kids like this can improve if they are removed from their environment. You say the children are improving and that sounds like it is due to you - well done. The downside of course is the social workers wanting to allow the natural father contact. Why? What has he to offer them? Why do they need him? What they need most of all is to be protected from him and given a chance. At least that is what it sounds like from what you have told us.
Old 13-05-2008, 12:55   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
Yes sounds good .... I am so sick of these yobs getting away with almost every wrong they do: WE ARE FAR TOO SOFT OF THEM. prison should mean just that: ( then we could build more of them )
I agree entirely. I am sick to death of working 16 hours a day 6 days a week to poay the Inland Revenue extortionate amounts of money to keep prisonesr and worshy baseball cap types in the lap of luxury. That and to i8nvade foreign countries.

As a society we need to realise that we need to have standards and if individuals dont stick to them then the honest, hardworking genuine types do not have to keep them

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..