Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2008, 15:14   #16

Re: How would you deal with anti-social behaviour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchman phil View Post
You make it sound like it is solely all parents responsible Polly.
Peer group influence also plays a major factor in a lot of instances, as any teacher will also know.
Not all parents by any means but virtually all parents of kids who exert anti social behaviour
The big problem is that it is the good parents and the rest of us that currently end up paying for the irresponsible parents.

Peer group pressure is not a consideration with children entering the education system many of whom have never been outside the family unit before. Peer group pressure is also an over used excuse for parents who do not have the respect and therefore the control of their own children

Last edited by polly; 09-05-2008 at 15:16.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-05-2008, 18:11   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I'm well aware of that, which is why I said that the Convention was enshrined into UK law in 1997 (although it was actually 1998, as Cyfr pointed out). In fact, UK citizens have been able to claim that their human rights have been infringed under the Convention at the Human Rights Court in Strausbourg since 1966. However, they could not enforce their rights in the UK until this government passed their Human Rights Act which, as you say, became enforceable in 2000 (October 2nd, to be precise).

As for the requirements of the EU, this seems to me to be yet reason to leave this corrupt, bloated, undemocratic institution. Presumably, the "people's rights" you refer to include the rights of various dangerous and hate-filled preachers of Islamic fascism not to be deported to their countries of origin, but to remain as guests of ours. I would suggest that we simply send them back and if our masters in Brussels object, do what the French do, when there's an EU ruling they don't like, and tell them where to go. Terribly unsophisticated I know, but tough!
Where did 'Islamic fascists' come into this question about teenagers in britain hanging around on streets?
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 18:23   #18
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Where did 'Islamic fascists' come into this question about teenagers in britain hanging around on streets?
Thread wander...I do it a lot.
Old 10-05-2008, 18:28   #19
God Member

Ok, I will say it again, bring back national service, hanging, birch, etc etc, polly, your are beginning to sounds like a social worker, and in my opinion, they are part of the problem, plenty of good intention but no idea about reality, you cannot blame the parents totally, and cannot go around removing children from families because one/all the children have problems, you need to diagnose the problems CORRECTLY first, then address those problems, removing the kids is not the answer, I have two adopted children who are problematic, so am I to be locked up, and my other kids taken away because of that?
Old 10-05-2008, 22:49   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the way ive always found best to deal with anti-social behaviour is- pick on the biggest.
Old 10-05-2008, 22:57   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Ok, I will say it again, bring back national service, hanging, birch, etc etc, polly, your are beginning to sounds like a social worker, and in my opinion, they are part of the problem, plenty of good intention but no idea about reality, you cannot blame the parents totally, and cannot go around removing children from families because one/all the children have problems, you need to diagnose the problems CORRECTLY first, then address those problems, removing the kids is not the answer, I have two adopted children who are problematic, so am I to be locked up, and my other kids taken away because of that?
Think this is a classic example of tarring everybody with the same brush speaks volumes. I certainly don't think that because your two adopted children are problamatic should mean you should be locked up or have your other kids taken off you
Old 11-05-2008, 17:20   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Think this is a classic example of tarring everybody with the same brush speaks volumes. I certainly don't think that because your two adopted children are problamatic should mean you should be locked up or have your other kids taken off you
Thank you bernadette, though I was myself generalising when I said bring back ns, hanging etc, dont see any easier way to reduce crime and immigration at the same time though.
Old 11-05-2008, 17:25   #23
God Member

One of the drawbacks of this lovely weather is that the morons emerge from their caves - drink too much - play loud music - sweat and smell (or overdose with perfume poisons)-
We are not a civilised nation - other countries cope with heat calmly so that everyone can enjoy it

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 17:32   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
One of the drawbacks of this lovely weather is that the morons emerge from their caves - drink too much - play loud music - sweat and smell (or overdose with perfume poisons)-
We are not a civilised nation - other countries cope with heat calmly so that everyone can enjoy it
Only if they are not a holiday resort eh margaret? otherwise some of the same idiots go and spoil thiers too.
Old 11-05-2008, 17:45   #25
God Member

Quote:
Only if they are not a holiday resort eh margaret? otherwise some of the same idiots go and spoil thiers too.
English people are well known for being badly behaved on holiday abroad, so I wouldn't say we are even behaved then.

We should all be sat inside like me, curtains closed, studying something interesting like Contract law. It's good for the soul.
Old 11-05-2008, 18:05   #26
God Member

Quote:
English people are well known for being badly behaved on holiday abroad, so I wouldn't say we are even behaved then.

We should all be sat inside like me, curtains closed, studying something interesting like Contract law. It's good for the soul.
You trying to kid yourself blazey? Cos you aint kidding me. lol
Old 11-05-2008, 18:09   #27
God Member

Quote:
You trying to kid yourself blazey? Cos you aint kidding me. lol
For the first time this term I managed to go a full day without an alcoholic drink yesterday, and my head hurts so much today that there is no way I am doing the same again, so I am going to crawl to the refuge of my college bar later and make myself feel better.

But yes, staying inside studying is brilliant for the soul, so exhilarating... if you are drunk
Old 11-05-2008, 18:21   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
For the first time this term I managed to go a full day without an alcoholic drink yesterday, and my head hurts so much today that there is no way I am doing the same again, so I am going to crawl to the refuge of my college bar later and make myself feel better.

But yes, staying inside studying is brilliant for the soul, so exhilarating... if you are drunk
your head hurts because you havent had a drink

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 18:25   #29
God Member

I have avoided visiting countries that allow Union Jack shorts.
I have been to most western European countries, but not mainland Spain,
so my holidays have never been spolit by louts.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 18:25   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
your head hurts because you havent had a drink
Yes, you see when you drink every day your body gets so used to it that when you stop doing it you get ill. I presume its the same when you quit smoking...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..