Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-11-2011, 15:11   #151
God Member

Re: Internationalist approach at H.B.C.

And another thing. If I were leader of the Conservative Group on HBC (things would be very different, believe you me, but that is another story) I would be suggesting to this Dad creature that he urgently consider his position on pain of being awarded The Order of the Boot for having brought the council into disrepute.

If we still had a Town Clerk, this would not have been allowed to happen. But, instead, we have a grossly overpaid (in my opnion) Chief Executive whose sole achievement to date appears to have been keeping Britcliffe and Jones far enough apart that they were unable to scratch each others eyes out.

You really couldn't make this stuff up, no one would believe you. Who needs fiction when you have HBC.
Old 18-11-2011, 15:18   #152
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
You mean which 12 of our 35 Councillors.

Extract from the Council's Constitution:

A15. PREVIOUS DECISIONS AND MOTIONS

Motion to rescind a previous decision
A motion to rescind a decision made at a meeting of Council within the past six months cannot be moved unless the notice of motion is signed by at least one third of all members.

Unfortunately, a copy of the Hyndburn Borough Council Constitution is not readily available in Wapping. If anyone does have access to it, could they possibly check and see if there is any provision for Recall Elections. I doubt it very much, given the extent to which our party political friends despise referenda, but you never know.

Recall election - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 15:20   #153
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
Well I hope that you are pleased and proud of yourselves councillors. Because you will now bear part of the responsibility for all future terrorist outrages in Kashmir and the Indian sub-continent. I hope that you can live with that on your consciences.

Bluddy amateurs the lot of you, you make me sick!
What our council have done is already being used, to add weight in propaganda, by the side we are now officially supporting.

UK’s Hyndburn City Council expresses support to Kashmiris' Right to Self determination ~ Assassin News Network

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 15:27   #154
God Member

This is an extract from the above piece:

Dr Misfar Hassan, the County Councillor who lobbied the Labour group for this resolution expressed gratitude to the Leader of the Labour group Mr Miles Parkinson, Councillor Munsif Dad, Councillor Ciaran Wells, Councillor M Ayub and all members of the Labour Group in the Hyndburn Council for supporting the resolution.

So it looks like all the Labour lot voted for the motion.

Disgusting, sickening and pathetic. No wonder none of 'em dare show their faces on here any more.
Old 18-11-2011, 15:31   #155
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
The O/L edition of today's Accy Observer has not mentioned this story. Is it by any chance in the hard copy?

If not, then all I can say is what a pathetic little rag it is.
Since the Observer don't think this newsworthy, as well as every newspaper in Pakistan, and India, I've just emailed the Lancashire Telegraph.

All those responsible for this, should be held to account.

Old 18-11-2011, 15:34   #156
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
What our council have done is already being used, to add weight in propaganda, by the side we are now officially supporting.

UK’s Hyndburn City Council expresses support to Kashmiris' Right to Self determination ~ Assassin News Network
Assasin News Network. I like the little youtube video titled 'Tahir-ul-Qadri Exposed-The Hypocrite Celebrates Christmas and calls Christians Believers!'
Unfortunately I couldn't understand him but I take it the Assasin News Network don't approve of him, Christmas or Christians.
What have HBC got themselves mixed up in?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 16:06   #157
Give, give, give member

Quote:
This is an extract from the above piece:

Dr Misfar Hassan, the County Councillor who lobbied the Labour group for this resolution expressed gratitude to the Leader of the Labour group Mr Miles Parkinson, Councillor Munsif Dad, Councillor Ciaran Wells, Councillor M Ayub and all members of the Labour Group in the Hyndburn Council for supporting the resolution.

So it looks like all the Labour lot voted for the motion.

Disgusting, sickening and pathetic. No wonder none of 'em dare show their faces on here any more.
Oh yes, undoubtably this is cross-part idiocy.

Presumably the 4,200 in Hyndburn who 'identify themselves as Kashmiri', would have been shared out, judged on whoever had been the most eager, to be bent over and used like a simpleminded trollop

You can bet your sweet bippy if it hadn't been, one side or the other would have already bleated their innocence by now.

Old 18-11-2011, 16:10   #158
Senior Member+

Quote:
Unfortunately, a copy of the Hyndburn Borough Council Constitution is not readily available in Wapping. If anyone does have access to it, could they possibly check and see if there is any provision for Recall Elections. I doubt it very much, given the extent to which our party political friends despise referenda, but you never know.

Recall election - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes it is available to everyone online.

Council Constitution - Articles of the Constitution

No provision for recall elections, I'm afraid
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2011, 16:16   #159
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Assasin News Network. I like the little youtube video titled 'Tahir-ul-Qadri Exposed-The Hypocrite Celebrates Christmas and calls Christians Believers!'
Unfortunately I couldn't understand him but I take it the Assasin News Network don't approve of him, Christmas or Christians.
What have HBC got themselves mixed up in?
At least in the eighties, when loony left councils voted to support quasi-terrorist groups, fighting in some central American country, they at least had the excuse that they believed in the same political ideology.

The brain dead numpties we have, haven't a blitherin' clue what they've voted to officially support, and have just been naively, and stupidly used, to add weight in a propaganda war.

That's ignoring the fact that this is nothing at all to do with Hyndburn, and local issues.

Last edited by garinda; 18-11-2011 at 16:21.
Old 18-11-2011, 16:21   #160
God Member

Well we will just have to take a scatter gun approach...

Councillors, Ken Moss, Harry Grayson and Clare Cleary this is just for you.

I will not give you my vote under any circumstances, ever again, unless you publicly disassociate yourselves from this ridiculous and shameful motion.

And that goes for Graham Jones too.
Old 18-11-2011, 16:32   #161
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
Yes it is available to everyone online.

Council Constitution - Articles of the Constitution

No provision for recall elections, I'm afraid

Cheers for that one Gynn.

Here then is an excert from the Constitution:

13.2 Principles of decision making
All decisions of the Council will be made in accordance with the following principles:
(a) decisions will be proportionate (i.e. actions must be proportionate to the desired
outcome);
(b) decisions will be made after due consultation and taking of professional advice from
officers;
(c) decisions will show respect for human rights (see below for further details);
(d) decisions will be made with a presumption in favour of openness;
(e) decisions will be made which show a clarity of aims and desired outcomes.
(f) decisions will explain what options were considered and give the reasons for the
decision

In respect to 13.2 (b) - could anyone please provide details of the process of this decision being made with, and after, due consultation with officers. If that has not occured then this decision is unconstitutional and as such should be struck off.

In addition, can anyone possibly explain how this decision is compatible with articles 13.2 (a), (c), (d), (e) and (f)?

Last edited by Tealeaf; 18-11-2011 at 16:34.
Old 18-11-2011, 18:05   #162
Resting in Peace

Well maybe the Obs have an excuse I do know one of their local reporters hails from I think its Connecticut good old U S of A
Old 18-11-2011, 21:58   #163
God Member

HBC has finally hit the national press:

£1,000 on the spot fines for people who fail to clean up dog mess - Telegraph

Looks like HBC will penalise one lot of people for causing chyte but support another lot.
Old 18-11-2011, 22:02   #164
God Member

Quote:
HBC has finally hit the national press:

£1,000 on the spot fines for people who fail to clean up dog mess - Telegraph

Looks like HBC will penalise one lot of people for causing chyte but support another lot.
Mentioned this on another thread, they can't deal with a few drunks in a no alchohol zone of a few hundred sq yards, would love to see them chasing dogs all around Hyndburn
Old 18-11-2011, 22:09   #165
God Member

Yeah...but it's the Telegraph bit. A pity their reporter did not pick up on the story of the council launching it's foreign policy initiative.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..