Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2011, 11:04   #211
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Internationalist approach at H.B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
That will only become applicable around the 1st of April 2012 cashy
Oh i know, but i base me assumption on the simple fact,even though we don't know who voted what way,on the serious issue, NOT one councillor has spoken either in the media or online that they are "Against", also knowing a few of em,i cannot accept it was a mistake or stupidity, so what else is left?
Old 20-11-2011, 11:07   #212
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Oh so what else is left?
Conspiracy.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2011, 11:08   #213
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Conspiracy.
Possibly but the reason if so,reverts to votes?
Old 20-11-2011, 11:09   #214
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Oh i know, but i base me assumption on the simple fact,even though we don't know who voted what way,on the serious issue, NOT one councillor has spoken either in the media or online that they are "Against", also knowing a few of em,i cannot accept it was a mistake or stupidity, so what else is left?
Oh come on Cashy.

If you had a nice friend, who asked you to jump in the canal, your only question would be, after saying yes of course, would be to ask which canal.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2011, 11:17   #215
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Oh come on Cashy.

If you had a nice friend, who asked you to jump in the canal, your only question would be, after saying yes of course, would be to ask which canal.

True i'm assuming it was pretty unanimous.
Old 20-11-2011, 11:58   #216
God Member

There is possibly one reason that both the local and national media are keeping this quiet and that relates to jobs. As most of you are aware, the large parts of the Eurofighter Typhoon are manufactured within the county, at Warton and Salmesbury. There are quite a few people around Accy who work at those sites. Some of you may even have seen them flying around the Preston area. The plane is of course, the RAF's new frontline fighter, alongside that of several European air forces. The French, however stick to their own - the Rafale. Both aircraft flew numerous sorties in Libya.

The Typhoon is the better plane, but that comes with a higher price tag. Any foreign buyer has to make the balance. Within the next few months, The Indian Air Force will decide on its new fighter. Having discounted various US and Russian planes, the selection is now down to the final two - the Typhoon and the Rafale. Obviously, many jobs are at stake. The final decision will be made in a couple of months. We all know what the Frogs are like - they'll do 'owt to get the multi-billion contract.

Can you imagine, therefore, what the reaction would be in India's defence department should they find out that a lunatic council in England, in an area where this plane is manufactured, is actively encouraging Kashmiri and fundamentalist Islamic terrorism? It's a no-brainer.
Old 20-11-2011, 12:22   #217
God Member

Are you suggesting, T, that certain of Hyndburn's worthiest of worthies, is/are prepared to act as a catspaw for the damned French (spits)?
Old 20-11-2011, 12:38   #218
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
Are you suggesting, T, that certain of Hyndburn's worthiest of worthies, is/are prepared to act as a catspaw for the damned French (spits)?
Nah....other than selling out any remaining principles they may have had in exchange for a few votes, most of 'em have not got a clue what they are doing. None of them seem to have any idea of the wider implications of what they did on the 10th November.

I would just like one of them...just one, I don't care who, to come back on here and justify their actions.
Old 20-11-2011, 12:57   #219
God Member

Come on, T, both of us are long enough in the tooth to know that the invertebrates who inhabit Scaitcliffe Towers are not going to show their pasty faces on here until they are absolutely certain that the heat has died down and they can get back to their favorite occupation of stabbing each other in the back.

God, that was a long sentence!
Old 20-11-2011, 12:59   #220
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post

I would just like one of them...just one, I don't care who, to come back on here and justify their actions.
I hope you have plenty of patience.

Still it will give you plenty of time to perfect the art of platting sawdust, then you will be offered the chance to pass on your skills with a demonstration day at the Market Hall.
Please remember you won't have to bring your own tools, the Council will pay for the hire of anything you may need to use!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2011, 18:07   #221
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Come on, T, both of us are long enough in the tooth to know that the invertebrates who inhabit Scaitcliffe Towers are not going to show their pasty faces on here until they are absolutely certain that the heat has died down and they can get back to their favorite occupation of stabbing each other in the back.

God, that was a long sentence!
I've emailed the one Hyndburn councillor, that I'm told spoke out against this madness, at last Thursday's full council meeting.

As they are Independent, I'm hoping for help in finding out exactly who did vote in favour of this resolution, and how best I can register my anger that this was done, and it not being done in my name.

Or presumably done in name of the 76,221 residents of Hyndburn, who don't 'identify themselves as Kashmiri'.

Old 20-11-2011, 18:41   #222
God Member

Just had a look at Ken Moss's Blog "Rishton First" Though he was crowing about the dog poo motion yesterday, there is no mention of the Kashmiri incident.

RISHTON FIRST
Old 20-11-2011, 19:00   #223
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Just had a look at Ken Moss's Blog "Rishton First" Though he was crowing about the dog poo motion yesterday, there is no mention of the Kashmiri incident.

RISHTON FIRST
Local dog poo?

Not international dog poo, in Azad Kashmir, say?

Bit of a retrograde step.

Slightly parochial.

A local councillor, concentrating on local issues.

That won't make international headlines.

If you're going to talk crap, at least make sure it's crap the world might sit up and take notice of.

Last edited by garinda; 20-11-2011 at 19:02.
Old 20-11-2011, 19:16   #224
Super Moderator

One of the ironies of this scenario is that back in the day when we used to try to elicit councillors' opinions on various national and international issues, we were told that they were far too busy concentrating on local issues!

How times have changed!
Old 20-11-2011, 19:34   #225
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'Two Central Ward Councillors including the portfolio holder for Community Cohesion and the Voluntary Sector strongly identify with Kashmiri heritage and have vocally supported the Kashmiri ethnic grouping at previous Community Cohesion & Equal Opportunity Working group meetings.'

'As part of a community consultation in 2005, a wide-cross section of Hyndburn’s ethnic minority communities (including Gt. Harwood) was asked by Cllr Allah Dad if they would support a separate Kashmiri identifier.'

'There was overwhelming support for this.'

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...206_report.pdf
Cllr Dad was the fella for community cohesion but was asking if people would support something separatist

Makes a lot of sense, not

Unless you think they might be trying to gain votes

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..