Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2007, 14:21   #31
I am Banned

Re: Lie Detector tests

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondola View Post
Incidentally Garinda, do you have a job? I note that you appear to be on this forum whenever I log on.

Perhaps you can contact one of the centres funded by the LCC for the same, and im sure they shall assist.

I have decided not to respond to you again, since you simply wish to have an argument. I dont have time for that.
err hi its me chav , dont wanna get into the pondlife thing again i got better things to do today but if you read other posts it does quite often come up that garinda has parkingsons dissease and cant work

personaly i think its bull because iem sure homebase could employ him as a paint mixer for starters but as things stand for now he is quite entitled to his benefit

aslo dont need a lie detector with garinda , that sod cant help but sing like a canary wether you like it or not lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-04-2007, 15:46   #32
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
err hi its me chav , dont wanna get into the pondlife thing again i got better things to do today but if you read other posts it does quite often come up that garinda has parkingsons dissease and cant work

personaly i think its bull because iem sure homebase could employ him as a paint mixer for starters but as things stand for now he is quite entitled to his benefit

aslo dont need a lie detector with garinda , that sod cant help but sing like a canary wether you like it or not lol
Don't tell the nosey sod anything. If he's that bloody interested in my life he can read through my ten thousand old posts, which contain full information about my past, and hopefully that'll keep him quiet until Christmas.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 16:19   #33
Resident Waffler

I would imagine that any genuine claimant who is nervous and worried about losing their benefit is going to have sweating palms and quavering voice (classic symptoms of lying) whereas the don't-give-a-flying-fig brigade will be cool as a cucumber and get away with it yet again. Nice one Mr Government-Bright-Ideas Man.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 16:35   #34
God Member

An idea that will have the success of a manned trip to Mercury on the QEII. Wast of time and money.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 18:36   #35
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Don't tell the nosey sod anything. If he's that bloody interested in my life he can read through my ten thousand old posts, which contain full information about my past, and hopefully that'll keep him quiet until Christmas.
Quite right Rindy, if I can read through them on a daily basis whilst waiting for my latest fraudulent payment, (for whatever I'm claiming this week), then I'm sure he, (by the way anyone notice since we stopped doing the he/she malarkey, he hasn't denied it, is this progress?), being in such a good position can no doubt spend the time looking through your wondrous, (I made a typo' there and my spell checker asked if I meant ponderous, I'm confused now), prose.
Let's face it he won't do anything that will satisfy our curiosity's he refers to us as 'readers', not, 'fellow members', he is doing us all a favour by even speaking to us whatever you do don't expect anything except to be talked down to.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 19:01   #36
God Member

not quite Lie detector tests........ but I recieved this the other day

"Like a lot of folks in this state I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them??

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ass. Could you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?????

though I suppose that some folks would argue that being a drunk is a disability
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 00:39   #37
Resting in peace

Quote:
steeljack, "Like a lot of folks in this state I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem.
I would personally urinate in the Prime Ministers afternoon tea, to obtain the elusive benefits that I think I am entitled to. The fact of the matter is, if a certain section of the community puts a claim in, they have their applications approved on the basis of, and I quote an officer of the DHSS, who for obviously reasons will have to remain annonomous,"The golden bollock rule is if 'one of them' puts a claim in for owt, don't mess about give it to them, they will only make your life miserable by playing the race card, or take it to human rights commission".
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:33   #38
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
The fact of the matter is, if a certain section of the community puts a claim in, they have their applications approved on the basis of, and I quote an officer of the DHSS, who for obviously reasons will have to remain annonomous,"The golden bollock rule is if 'one of them' puts a claim in for owt, don't mess about give it to them, they will only make your life miserable by playing the race card, or take it to human rights commission".
Utter tosh.

Bloody hell, first we had Gondola with his information, for what it was worth, when you actually found it, from an anonymous source, now you.

I too know someone who works for a benefits agency, and the statement you make, that every claim by someone from an ethnic background is passed whether they are entitled to it or not, is plain wrong.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:39   #39
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Utter tosh.

Bloody hell, first we had Gondola with his information, for what it was worth, when you actually found it, from an anonymous source, now you.

I too know someone who works for a benefits agency, and the statement you make, that every claim by someone from an ethnic background is passed whether they are entitled to it or not, is plain wrong.
Garinda I am only stating my case, the inequality of 'dishing' these benefits out, and yes I do think a certain section of the community get's preferrential tratment. I have been in receipt of Incapacity benefit since my first operation 16 years ago, during that time I have had 5 medicals and been deemed unfit for work, I have since had 2 more operations for the same complaint and I mighn't add face more surgery later this year when my body has recovered sufficiently to allow it. Yet I am turned down yet again for DLA. Getting back to your statement "utter tosh", I would not as a man of honour ever reveal the source of anything given to me in confidence.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:43   #40
Resident Waffler

Have you asked Welfare Rights for help appealing your case Ianto?

Dorothy McGregor (Maundy Grange) helped a friend of mine too. Sometimes it comes down to knowing how to word the application.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:07   #41
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post

though I suppose that some folks would argue that being a drunk is a disability

an alcholic gets nearly twice as much as somone led at home rotting with cancer

dont get me started on people who are on disability with depression

what a bloody joke

cheer up you miserable sods everyone has problems and they manage to work

depression is the new bad back and easier to fake to get a giro
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 13:09   #42
Resting in peace

Quote:
chav1, cheer up you miserable sods everyone has problems and they manage to work
Quite true chav, able to work and are working, and still drawing these benefits illegally, does that go on I wonder? Or has it gone on and been discovered and nothing done about it?
Old 06-04-2007, 14:04   #43
God Member

blimey.. you lot could whine and moan for England!.. if you know of people that claim stuff they are not entilted to then grass em up... it's no good moaning about it.. do something!
I'm thinking of claiming incapacity for depression after reading this thread!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 16:43   #44
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
I do think a certain section of the community get's preferrential tratment.

Now it's gone from fact, as told to you by an 'officer of the DHSS', to only 'think'. Which is it?

If claimants were given preferential treatment because of their race, which you earlier stated, don't you think just one whistle blower, out of the thousands and thousands of civil servants, would have contacted the press, for these outlandish claims to be investigated? Come to think of it, why hasn't your friend been to the press, or even to the police?

As stated earlier, I have friends who who work in differing sections of this branch of the civil service, and they totally disagree with your claims. By the way, unlike your friend, they would be prepared to go public, and not hide behind anonymity.

Old 06-04-2007, 23:27   #45
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post

dont get me started on people who are on disability with depression

what a bloody joke

cheer up you miserable sods everyone has problems and they manage to work
This sort of attitude to depression really makes me angry.

Depression is an illness. It is as far removed from 'feeling a bit miserable' as chronic pneumonia is from having a bit of a cough. Someone suffering from clinical depression is totally incapable of 'cheering up' or 'snapping out of it' and an attitude like yours adds to the problem by loading them with additional feelings of guilt. Do you suppose for one minute anyone would choose not to 'cheer up' if they could? Because depression is an illness which cannot be seen the sufferers are treated with the sort of intollerant attitude that you wouldn't dream of treating a person with a broken limb or other physical disability.

I hope you never suffer from it yourself and get faced with people with your attitude.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..