Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2007, 21:57   #91
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Lie Detector tests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanaccy View Post
get the unions
For all the rhetoric I have yet to see any facts.
Fact, out of the 50 the company got rid of, all but one of the union shopstewards where finished, very clever of them.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-04-2007, 21:57   #92
God Member

................hmmmmmmmmm.................
Old 10-04-2007, 21:58   #93
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
No-one should be working for less than the minimum wage.

its illegal if they are
Old 10-04-2007, 22:04   #94
Accy Red

Quote:
As I said in the post above blame the employers in that case not the people doing the work.
Blame the employer, blame the government, blame the EU, it really doesn't matter. The fact is if your English living in England it is becoming very hard to find a job because eastern europeans are coming here and doing the jobs for less money.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 10-04-2007, 22:07   #95
God Member

Quote:

Some companies have methods of working around it. I have heard of an Altham based company who have employed quite a few of the Polish people. They pay them minimum wage but they also 'sort' out their accomodation and charge them ridicolous rents and extortionate fuel prices which they take out of their wages.
Old 10-04-2007, 22:09   #96
Accy Red

Quote:
Just to make things clear this is not happening at the company I mentioned but it is happening elsewhere and I got that off an employer who said allowing Polish workers over here is great for his profits.

Old 10-04-2007, 22:32   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Blame the employer, blame the government, blame the EU, it really doesn't matter. The fact is if your English living in England it is becoming very hard to find a job because eastern europeans are coming here and doing the jobs for less money.

As I said, do something about it, if people have been made redundant and others taken on to do the same job for less money it's illegal (FACT the job is made redundant not the employee).

If you know unscrupulous employers then publicise it. get the trades council involved
Their e-mail address is here [email protected]. They currently have a campaign for a living wage for Lancashire.

I have been told "by a bloke" that some folk were laid off cause of the Poles but as I have not heard any companies named specifically where it happened(I only know of 2 companies where asignifican amount of Poles work trouble recruiting because of the abysmal terms and conditions they offered) I treat it as an urban myth.

If, as you say, you know different then do something, start a campaign etc. moaning here will do absolutely nothing.
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 22:38   #98
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Then how do you explain the figures that prove that there are about two million less unemployed people, than there were twenty five years ago?

That's taking into account that these figures are open to abuse, by not classing as unemployed people on various schemes and benefits etc., but that was also applicable in the eighties, and twenty five years we didn't have the same numbers of illegal immigrants, or open borders throughout Europe.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 22:43   #99
Accy Red

Quote:
As I said, do something about it, if people have been made redundant and others taken on to do the same job for less money it's illegal (FACT the job is made redundant not the employee).
Life is not about facts even though you want to hide behind them. Of course the company, it sounds like you know which one, have got round it with different ways and means, new orders etc. So FACT the jobs are still there but 50 British workers are on the dole.

Old 10-04-2007, 22:47   #100
Resting in peace

Quote:
garinda' Then how do you explain the figures that prove that there are about two million less unemployed people, than there were twenty five years ago?
Got to aggree at least the jobs are there for the Poles etc to work at, other wise they wouldn't come. Good luck to them they have always been a very industrous nation.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 22:53   #101
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Then how do you explain the figures that prove that there are about two million less unemployed people, than there were twenty five years ago?

That's taking into account that these figures are open to abuse, by not classing as unemployed people on various schemes and benefits etc., but that was also applicable in the eighties, and twenty five years we didn't have the same numbers of illegal immigrants, or open borders throughout Europe.
I wondered when you might have a comment to pass, I don't need to explain any figures I said it is becoming very hard to find a job because eastern europeans are coming here and doing the jobs for less money, but not impossible. At the moment it is manual jobs that the eastern europeans are taking but what next. If you think I'm talking bollox test it out and try to register with an agency using the name Smith and you want manual work, please report back with the FACTS.

Old 10-04-2007, 23:01   #102
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I wondered when you might have a comment to pass

So sweet to be missed.

The only people I know who are being priced out of the market, because of an influx of eastern Europeans, are whores, and they don't pay much into the communal pot anyway.

Old 10-04-2007, 23:06   #103
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I wondered when you might have a comment to pass, I don't need to explain any figures I said it is becoming very hard to find a job because eastern europeans are coming here and doing the jobs for less money, but not impossible. At the moment it is manual jobs that the eastern europeans are taking but what next. If you think I'm talking bollox test it out and try to register with an agency using the name Smith and you want manual work, please report back with the FACTS.
You still didn't answer the question as to how there are two million less unemployed now, despite more immigration and an open border policy throughout the E.E.C.?

Old 11-04-2007, 08:34   #104
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Oh and as for the fact they are turning up stealing our jobs? Don't make me laugh, nobody here would do half the jobs they do for the salary they are being paid. In that case its the employers fault not the people doing the job.
It's not the employers fault at all. I blame the benefits system for that. People on long term benefits should not be able to pick and choose what job they fancy. They should be told to work or have the money stopped. If they don't earn much the system should top it up not replace income and the need to work totally.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:42   #105
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
The only people I know who are being priced out of the market, because of an influx of eastern Europeans, are whores, and they don't pay much into the communal pot anyway.
So that explains why Chav has gone. He can't earn any decent money around here anymore so has had to move on

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..