Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 22:48   #61
Resting in peace

Re: Lie Detector tests

I used to have a mate who's nickname was depressd Harry, he was one of the funniest men I have ever met, also another one his nickname was crammed Jack. Kate, I miss the company of those two guys they never had a good word to say about anyone, but if you needed owt they would be the first in the que to help you, that was the way they handled depression by meeting it 'head on'. Crammed Jacks favourite saying was "always think the worst of everyone and you will never be dissapointed". Depressed Harrys favourite saying was "always borrow money off a pessimist , because he doesn't expect to get it back anyway.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-04-2007, 23:00   #62
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Absolute drivel there IS an us and them just as there is an us and them when trying to get a job (the poles are the new asians)

Who are the 'us and them' to whom you refer?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 23:05   #63
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Who are the 'us and them' to whom you refer?
Take your pick

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 23:06   #64
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Take your pick
I don't like guessing games, only facts.

If you can't provide any, more's the pity.

Old 08-04-2007, 23:19   #65
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I don't like guessing games, only facts.

If you can't provide any, more's the pity.
Genuine claimants and spongers.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:47   #66

Bagpuss,
I said I work for a part of the DWP and part of my job is making decisions, I have to make the decision backed by THE LAW!, if I can't prove tit I am not doing my job ipso facto it is a wrong decision and will be overuled on appeal.
As I said before there is no bias to anyone at all and if you choose to disbelieve me state facts and show me 2 identical (and I mean identical not "my mate says..") cases I will accede to your argument.
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:53   #67

Ianto,
Without knowing your case fully I can't comment I wasn't ignoring you.
I just get fed up with the wholesale statements that say if you are "black, asian, Albanian, etc you get x amount the day you arrive " & the "If I was an illegal immigrant you'd be falling over yourself to give me money" It's b*llsh*t if you arrive in the country you have to prove you are entitled not the other way round, but of course people choose to believe what they read in the right wing press (Mail, Express, Sun etc!" rather someone who actually works there.

Rant over I'll get my coat.
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:48   #68
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanaccy View Post
Ianto,
Without knowing your case fully I can't comment I wasn't ignoring you.
I just get fed up with the wholesale statements that say if you are "black, asian, Albanian, etc you get x amount the day you arrive " & the "If I was an illegal immigrant you'd be falling over yourself to give me money" It's b*llsh*t if you arrive in the country you have to prove you are entitled not the other way round, but of course people choose to believe what they read in the right wing press (Mail, Express, Sun etc!" rather someone who actually works there.

Rant over I'll get my coat.
It's ok Stanaccy I realise you are only trying to give a constructive reply within your remit. I am not the only one who has had to struggle to obtain DLA/Moblity allowance. Did you ever know a man by the name of 'Blind Michael'. If I may have a moment of your time I will relate this tale. Mick had no arms and was blind due to an accident with explosives, he and his wife applied for 16 years to get the said benefit, without success because Mick could walk and he also worked on the NHS internal telephones. His good lady persisted and managed to get it for him just before he was 65years of age. The only reason I am relating this tale is that they now sadly have passed away, so I do not think mine is an isolated case, or unique.Regards Ian.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:32   #69
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
It's ok Stanaccy I realise you are only trying to give a constructive reply within your remit. I am not the only one who has had to struggle to obtain DLA/Moblity allowance. Did you ever know a man by the name of 'Blind Michael'. If I may have a moment of your time I will relate this tale. Mick had no arms and was blind due to an accident with explosives, he and his wife applied for 16 years to get the said benefit, without success because Mick could walk and he also worked on the NHS internal telephones. His good lady persisted and managed to get it for him just before he was 65years of age. The only reason I am relating this tale is that they now sadly have passed away, so I do not think mine is an isolated case, or unique.Regards Ian.
But are you saying, as you stated earlier, that if he changed his name to 'Blind Mohammed', he would have been granted the benefit straight away? Because that just isn't so.

The crtieria make be complicated, but they apply to everyone equally.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:32   #70
God Member

As I have mentioned to you before ian the major thing about claiming these benefits is how the original form is filled in....

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:55   #71
Resting in peace

Quote:
garinda, But are you saying, as you stated earlier, that if he changed his name to 'Blind Mohammed', he would have been granted the benefit straight away? Because that just isn't so.
This was a true story gary and I did not this time mention race or colour, save I will say 'Bind Michael' was an Irishman originally from Cork, and a good friend to all who knew him.

Quote:
harwood red, As I have mentioned to you before ian the major thing about claiming these benefits is how the original form is filled in....
With hindsight your you are quite correct, there is more I could say but at present without wanting to prejudice this ongoing case, I have decided to say nothing more about it as I only seem to get insulted for my pains.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:59   #72
Resident Waffler

I think where people perceive an inequality is that many immigrants ask for help to fill in the forms as they do not always fully understand and want to be sure they do it right. The people who help have had so much experience of helping people to fill these things in that they know what they are doing and as Harwood Red says it's all down to what you put on that initial application which is why I suggest that even though you can understand the forms and feel you know what you're doing sometime it's better to get a bit of help from someone with experience.

A family member, now deceased, had a list of ailments and disabilities as long as your arm but his DLA claim had been rejected. His condition was obviously serious enough for him to now be dead but evidently not serious enough for the DLA application - until Dorothy McGregor helped with the appeal because she had the experience of having helped others.

Race, creed, colour, nationality, political affiliation or how often you change your socks had absolutely nothing to do with it. I wish you luck with your appeal Ianto.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 13:31   #73
Resting in peace

Quote:
WillowTheWhisp, I wish you luck with your appeal Ianto.
Thank's Willow for your kind words of encouragement.
Old 09-04-2007, 13:36   #74

As well as goverment departments, it is the same with lots of organisations. Insurance companies can put so many obstacles in your way. I had an horrendous time with Saga car insurance, but I would not take no for an answer and eventually sent a letter by recorded delivery to the MD home address. I got the home address by paying for a list of directors from Companies House. That letter finally got my claim sorted out after 7 months of be without a car, due to no fault of my own. I think their strategy is that if they make the procedure complicated most people will eventually give up.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 13:53   #75
Resting in peace

Quote:
claytonender, I think their strategy is that if they make the procedure complicated most people will eventually give up.
My sentiments entirely claytonender, you should not have to employ a 'Philadelphia Lawyer' to fill a claim form in for you. I wonder how many people have gone to their graves earlier than they should have, fighting for what they believed were their rights.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..