Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2006, 17:44   #16

went into woolworths today and remembered what you hd posted so i ticked the box, but then she said "which draw is it for tonight or wednesday" lol what i fool i felt then lol (Chav Keep your opinion to yourself on this one i dont want to hear it lol)
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2006, 19:12   #17
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: Lottery Dream Number....GRRRRRR

The only thing twisted Cyfr is your logic.

Most people perceived the Lottery as a means of first getting rich if they could win the ‘big one’ and second that the thousands of deserving causes in the UK would benefit from some financial aid.

A good cause or Charity if you like is set up because someone has identified a public need that has not been addressed by the government. Thus the public benefit from the charity if and when they need that service. Take the PDSA for instance. Many people make donations then if they have an animal in need and they cannot afford the vet bills then the PDSA will provide for them the required service for free or for just a donation. What about Age Concern or Child Line. People don’t expect to have a need for the service that they provide but should the need arise they can get the service.

Can the ordinary person in the street go and view the Churchill papers? No! Not unless they happen to be on display and even then access is restricted to the pages being shown under glass. Most of the time they are not on display and only accessible to bona fide historians. Can Joe Bloggs book a seat at the Royal Opera House or view many of the country seats that have received Lottery funds?

Do have a think before you put fingers to keyboard Cyfr.
Old 22-07-2006, 19:24   #18
God Member

Re: Lottery Dream Number....GRRRRRR

Maybe you should think, as obviously some charities can give stuff back, but I don't quite see myself needing the likes of caffod, I donate to help others.

Theres some charities that can give stuff back, and some that won't, oh look, exactly the same where grants are concerned.
Old 22-07-2006, 21:06   #19
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Lottery Dream Number....GRRRRRR

A Lottery grant is no different to general public donations except that it is in one lump sum and the organisation has to apply for it. Not an easy task for those who really do need a bit of a boost. A doddle for Lord Snooty who will get his solicitor to complete the application form.

I don’t suppose that anyone gives to a charity with the thought in mind that one day they might need the service but the point is that should they need that service they will get it.

I’ve stated my view on the issue and presented facts to back up my view so there is no point in going over old ground again.

You don’t seem to be able to back up your opposition to my argument with facts only personal opinions.

Shouldn’t a lad of your age be out enjoying himself on a Saturday evening?
Old 22-07-2006, 21:20   #20
God Member

I've provided evidence, I even went over documents over where money has been granted in the last few years, I researched the amounts of go to good causes, I provided evidence on previous posts, unlike you whome likes to name 'Lord Snooty and his solicitor' why not back it up with a real world example? Heck at the present im not even arguing against that, but you'd be doing a lot better at convincing me that your opinion is right, if you attributed that statement with examples.

Quote:
Shouldn't a lad of your age be out enjoying himself on a Saturday evening?
It's not your place to suggest where I should be, don't get personal, it dosn't make you look good. Funny how i've debated with someone whome perhaps should be the most wise due to their age, and yet have turned to personal childish ankle biting..

Last edited by andrewb; 22-07-2006 at 21:25.
Old 22-07-2006, 22:51   #21
white rabbits

I Gave Up Doing The Lottery Earlier This Year, I Put £2 In A Purse Each Saturday And £1 On Wednesday,,and Voile,a Purse Full Of Pound Coins,,,shame I Dident Do It Earlier...
Old 23-07-2006, 00:35   #22
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty
The only thing twisted Cyfr is your logic.

Most people perceived the Lottery as a means of first getting rich if they could win the ‘big one’ and second that the thousands of deserving causes in the UK would benefit from some financial aid.
B*llocks.

They just dreamed of being incredibley wealthy.... the good causes may have eased there conscious as they scratched away their child benefit though.

Old 23-07-2006, 00:43   #23
Give, give, give member

Quote:
A Lottery grant is no different to general public donations except that it is in one lump sum and the organisation has to apply for it. Not an easy task for those who really do need a bit of a boost. A doddle for Lord Snooty who will get his solicitor to complete the application form.
Change the bleedin' record.

Gayle has offered her proven services to anyone wanting to apply for lottery (free) money.

Lord Snooty my arse, it's open to all to apply, and has been proven from the organizations that have benefited from your money Jambutty, before you wised up.

Ask her to apply for funding for Darwen's Moany Old Gits Museum. If I was daft enough to enter the lottery I'd be right behind you.

Old 23-07-2006, 10:55   #24
Apprentice Geriatric

Exclamation Re: Lottery Dream Number....GRRRRRR

My you do have a bee in your bonnet on this issue Cyfr. I’m not trying to convince you or anyone else that my opinion is right, just that it is my opinion. Some people will be like minded and others will not.

You are being argumentative for arguments sake.
Quote:
It's not your place to suggest where I should be, don't get personal, it dosn't make you look good.
Do you understand English? Just exactly which part of “Shouldn't a lad of your age be out enjoying himself on a Saturday evening?” is a suggestion? I would also point out that I do not post on this forum to ‘look good’.

You have offered your opinion on the subject and I have offered mine and ne’er the twain shall meet. If you want to continue splitting hairs then go ahead but you will be arguing on your own.

If you don’t want to ‘hear the record’ garinda then don’t read the posts or are we all supposed to bow to your demands? You could also try reading and understanding what has been written before spouting off.

I am well aware of Gayle’s kind offer to help with Lottery fund applications. That only serves to confirm that the application is not a simple affair.
Old 23-07-2006, 11:04   #25
God Member

It's plain as daylight for everybody to see exactly what you have wrote, and it's pretty obvious that you were insinuating that I should be out on Saturday night rather than posting on Accyweb, so whether you want to be pedantic about it being a suggestion or not, it doesn't change a thing. As a matter of fact I had company round. That's all i'll say on the matter.
Old 23-07-2006, 13:30   #26
Give, give, give member

Quote:
If you don’t want to ‘hear the record’ garinda then don’t read the posts or are we all supposed to bow to your demands?
Never having bought a lottery ticket I see it as an act of charity.

At your age I don't expect anybody to bow. A small curtsey will suffice.

Old 23-07-2006, 14:17   #27

Well anyway, back to the actual thread.....
One....yes ONE person actually marked the NO box on his ticket yesterday when i was working
tehe
it IS highly annoying
Lea
x

PS....Cyfr and jambutty....lovin' the argument...carry on
Old 23-07-2006, 14:53   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploppysirploppy
Well anyway, back to the actual thread.....
One....yes ONE person actually marked the NO box on his ticket yesterday when i was working
tehe
it IS highly annoying
Lea
x

Do you work at woolworths if so it was me lol! Because i read ur thread and thats what reminded me to do it lol
Old 23-07-2006, 15:03   #29

Smile Re: Lottery Dream Number....GRRRRRR

Tehe! I didn't notice your reply!!! i don't work at Woolies......but close...tehe!
And at least someone took note!!! If only other people would...so much quicker!!!
Lea
x

Last edited by ploppysirploppy; 23-07-2006 at 15:11. Reason: I can't type and i don't know the difference between a tread and a reply. :D
Old 23-07-2006, 16:12   #30
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: Lottery Dream Number....GRRRRRR

“What I have written” Cyfr – written. Only Ernie Wise got away with ‘what I have wrote’.

However what is pretty obvious is that your grasp of the English language is limited to your INTERPRETATION of what has been written. How you can interpret a simple questioning sentence (“Shouldn't a lad of your age be out enjoying himself on a Saturday evening?”) as anything else is beyond me. But then that is what some people do when they do not have a coherent point to make. Read something into what has been written that isn’t there.

If that question had been asked of me my reply would have been something on the lines of, “No! I’m having an evening in.” or “Yes! I’m going out later on.”

I guess that you will want the last word on this issue, so go ahead and say your piece. Just try to remember, “When in a hole. Stop digging.”
Quote:
At your age I don't expect anybody to bow. A small curtsey will suffice.
Sarcasm is the lowest from of wit
Quote:
Maybe we should make a new Carry On film ploppysirploppy– Carry On Arguing.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..