Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2008, 19:45   #1

M&S Muslim Refuses To Serve 'Unclean' Bible

Ridiculous.

Muslim M&S worker refused to sell 'unclean' Bible book to grandmother, customer claims | the Daily Mail
thomas.lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-01-2008, 19:47   #2
God Member

Re: M&S Muslim Refuses To Serve 'Unclean' Bible

well thats just terrible
Old 16-01-2008, 19:53   #3

I’ll refrain from any rant until whatever the shop assistant said gets published. The story as it appears in the link seems a bit one-sided, maybe there is a bit of “Headline Grabbing” taking place.
Old 16-01-2008, 19:59   #4

To be honest.. I can believe it though..
thomas.lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 20:01   #5
Give, give, give member

I didn't know M & S sold books.

I'll have to pop a kiddies Bible into my basket the next time I go in to buy my bacon, and other non-Halal goodies.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 20:14   #6
Senior Member+

thats another inch of our country taken from beneath our feet
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 20:42   #7
God Member

Not gonna get drawn into this one, I'm in a good mood and don't want it changing

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 21:09   #8
God Member

I'm going to have a little fume in the corner and behave myself for a change, or maybe go to garinda's special needs thread and have a row with one or two people. humph!!
Old 16-01-2008, 21:22   #9
Member.

A Christian Country, selling Christian books telling Bible stories…..unclean?

But it’s alright to murder young and old women alike in the name of so called Honour.

Unclean? This person may be a Muslim, had she been Catholic she would have been named and shamed and most likely dismissed…….

Unclean? My arse.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 21:35   #10
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Not gonna get drawn into this one, I'm in a good mood and don't want it changing
I will say it for you then, firstly sack the assistant, then tie them up outside M&S and let us stone them, we should also burn effigies of them like I've seen on TV because I've been insulted.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 21:41   #11
God Member

My gut feeling says this is just another media warbling; most likely sensationalising the story and giving the BNP more ammo.

If it is completely as the paper reports - then of course the Muslim girl is a misguided idiot and should be sacked & prosecuted for creating civil unrest.

I do reserve my cynicism however.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 21:50   #12
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

If this case goes to court it would be interesting for me because I've been called up for jury service AGAIN, I'm sure I would listen to all the evidence and my judgement would be based purely on the facts of the case.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 21:53   #13
Resident Waffler

The shop assistant's version of the story is that she didn't want to touch the book as her hands were not clean.

Not actually having been there I can't say who is telling the truth but if that was indeed what she did say then maybe the woman just got the wrong end of the stick.

I don't know of any reason why a Muslim would call Bible stories 'unclean'. They supposedly respect all holy books.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2008, 22:06   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its very difficult to take a press story as gospel, if it does turn out to be i will be slavering, until then i reserve opinion.
Old 16-01-2008, 23:50   #15
Give, give, give member

We can't tar all Muslims because of this one silly fundamenalist cow, but would she also not have a problem stuffing a bikini in a bag, never mind any of the other non-Islamic stuff they sell at Marks and Sparks?

I think she should pack up her hijab and her burqas and go and live in Mecca. That's if they have an M & S there, with all it's associated benefits, pensions, etc.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..