Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2011, 14:03   #91
Resting in Peace

Re: Metal Theft

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Only goes up to 19-33 T on mine.
It's near the 13-00 on mine If that helps.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-11-2011, 14:07   #92
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Try 01.25.

My typo - I tried to correct it but got timed out.
It's at 13 minutes in.

Well it says that when I watch it.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 14:07   #93
God Member

It should be 1.25 because tuesday's session started at 11.34am and GJ stood at 1pm - 1hour 26 minutes later. Anyway, I'm showing 1.25 allowing for the previous winding up. I suspect we may be working on different systems. The important thing is that you can see what happens.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 17-11-2011 at 14:11.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 14:10   #94
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
It's at 13 minutes in.

Well it says that when I watch it.
I don't know what else you could call it, but a shuffle.

Unless it's animal magnetism in action, caught on film.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 14:24   #95
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I don't know what else you could call it, but a shuffle.

Unless it's animal magnetism in action, caught on film.
Twas a little shuffle, G.J. did ok to me, shame many MPs dont seem to regard this as a problem,otherwise they would be present? perhaps those absent see fiddling as second nature?
Old 17-11-2011, 14:44   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Twas a little shuffle, G.J. did ok to me, shame many MPs dont seem to regard this as a problem,otherwise they would be present? perhaps those absent see fiddling as second nature?
I think he did do OK. That's what I previously wrote. It's a shame the shuffle was caught on film - that was just unlucky - and maybe he was not aware of it, but that still does not justify his rant on here. He needs to calm down a little and accept the fun of the cut and thrust of civilised debate.

I suspect that the reason for the empty benches - despite all the recent media coverage on metal theft may be due to the fact that it was 1pm and some of his colleagues, being thirsty bunnies, needed to go down the pub.

GJ may be on another planet when it comes to public opinion on the EU, but he is perfectly right in what he is doing on metal theft (oh, and his work on the Toddy Curve, for that matter). The real question now is will the government give him & his colleagues sufficient parliamentary time through the second reading (20th January), through the committee stage and on to it's final reading? I don't know - I hope so. If there is sufficient cross-bench support then it should happen.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011, 18:03   #97
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Thanks to globel warming Jay, I can get a high barrier sun cream that allows me to prowl around town on the shadier days, though I do find it a tad uncomfortable when I'm sat in the railway surrounded by 50 or so flat screen T.V.'s, perhaps I need to search the internet for a barrier cream that will protect me from this terrible increase in EMF emmissions?
PM MargaretR Less, sure she can help
Old 16-02-2012, 22:08   #98
God Member

Back on topic -
a length of metal railings (about 5') has been stolen from opposite my home.

It was part of the fence which separates the roadside verge from the area of trees, and was on LCC property.

I didn't notice it had gone until my neighbour pointed it out to me. I don't/can't look out of my windows due to the scaffolding and plank walkways that went up over a week ago.

There are several lengths left yet to steal, and we expect them to go gradually. The wooded area will then be fully accessible as a dog toilet site.

Last edited by MargaretR; 16-02-2012 at 22:11.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 14:14   #99

The next village to me in the East Riding has had 2 Kilometers of telephone cable stolen, and the whole village is now without Telephone or Internet access.How can someone steal 2 Kilometers of cable unless they have equipment to coil it up,lift it and carry it off?This suggests to me that the perpetrators are likely to be someone in the know ,like BT workers or Telephone engineers. And where do they dispose of the cable?There must be some dodgy scrap metal dealers around.Surely the Police can solve this? It cant be easy to carry 2 Kilometers of cable around, then find someone willing to buy it, with out someone seeing it.Whats the odds our police force never solve this case?Anyone willing to have a bet?
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2012, 17:50   #100
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
The next village to me in the East Riding has had 2 Kilometers of telephone cable stolen, and the whole village is now without Telephone or Internet access.How can someone steal 2 Kilometers of cable unless they have equipment to coil it up,lift it and carry it off?This suggests to me that the perpetrators are likely to be someone in the know ,like BT workers or Telephone engineers. And where do they dispose of the cable?There must be some dodgy scrap metal dealers around.Surely the Police can solve this? It cant be easy to carry 2 Kilometers of cable around, then find someone willing to buy it, with out someone seeing it.Whats the odds our police force never solve this case?Anyone willing to have a bet?
Not me Jim
Old 05-03-2012, 09:00   #101
God Member

My son lives near the Griffin Huncoat.
Last night his lighting went dim. On contacting the leccy people, he was told that the local substation had been broken into and the earth cables had been stolen.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:03   #102
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
My son lives near the Griffin Huncoat.
Last night his lighting went dim. On contacting the leccy people, he was told that the local substation had been broken into and the earth cables had been stolen.
Pity they didn't manage to earth themselves
Old 12-03-2012, 00:11   #103
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its always puzzled me where these people get rid of their ill gotten gains, seeing there is always plenty of reports on these thefts (how do you explain where you got a manhole cover from)A clamp down on dodgy scrap metal dealers, may go a long way to sorting out this problem
It said on the news few weeks back the government were going to make it illegal for scrap metal merchants to pay cash for scrap and have to have documentation for all scrap recieved where it came from etc!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 00:14   #104
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Margaret, new politicians going into parliament can be likened to banana's going into storage.
They go in Green, turn Yellow, and come out Bent.

Retlaw.
That's a good one I'll have to pass it on to my MP!

Also did you know that MP stands for Muppet!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:16   #105
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
It said on the news few weeks back the government were going to make it illegal for scrap metal merchants to pay cash for scrap and have to have documentation for all scrap recieved where it came from etc!
Government make legislation, but it doesn't mean its going to work, the holding of Hand Guns was outlawed, did it make any difference, no, the only thing it did was to push illegal fire arms further under ground. I remember at the time, how those harden criminals would be shaking in their shoes, "well that's it lads we can't go on with that armed robbery tomorrow the government has just banned us from having handguns, we either scrap the idea or we just stick with the sawn of Purdy"

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..