Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2008, 12:57   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: MMR Jab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Thanks Kate I love you toobut you only have to read my location to understand why, although I have been getting some tuition from Less, HE'S A GENT. However, I didn't see it in a paper it was debated on BBC Breakfast yesterday morning, they had a Chap who was the past Chairman of the BMA and a woman from Kidscap on discussing it
Don't be mad at me Jaysay, was just teasing..

Just heard a discussion too on the Jeremy Vine show .. both points put forward, and nothing further to add to what we have already discussed on this thread really, except one doctor was running a clinic for parents who requested the single vaccines.

Seems besides France, the U.S. adopt this policy too, and cannot start school without proof of immunisation/vaccination. Appears the 'culprits' are mainly travellers, immigrants with language problems and poorer communities.

A couple of callers to the programme suggested 1) Why don't we send all the non-MMR children to one school and 2) Perhaps the schools should issue figures to all parents to let them know the percentage of children who had not had the jab. Ah, well, food for thought I suppose.

The figures quoted on measles was 77 cases (think about 2 years ago ?) to 900 cases last year ... that is a big increase.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-05-2008, 11:04   #47
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Both my kids have had all thier jabs, EVERY child should also have it too, as for the child benefit thingy, then that is wrong, like hitting someone in the pocket is going to change their mind

I just cant understand why any parent wouldnt protect their child from deadly dieseases....total madness!!
Old 13-05-2008, 11:09   #48
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
I just cant understand why any parent wouldnt protect their child from deadly dieseases....total madness!!
Who said they did not want to protect their children? Most parents against the triple jab want to be able to give their children the old 3 single jabs that most of us had as kids. The scare only came along with the triple jab.

The Governments only reason for having the triple jab is based on cost, not effectiveness.
Old 13-05-2008, 11:10   #49
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Both my kids have had all thier jabs, EVERY child should also have it too, as for the child benefit thingy, then that is wrong, like hitting someone in the pocket is going to change their mind

I think some parents want their kids to have the single jab instead of the three together panther, I think what actually made thngs worse was the fact that Tony Blair would't say if his youngster had had the MMR jab or not.
Oh by the way saw you on Gladiators on Sky Saturday night panther

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..