Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2008, 21:37   #46

Re: Mumbai what`s next

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
That Civil Service career didn't last long - wonder why
I am going to sign your petition Maggie
that sounds a bit like a verse in a song
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-12-2008, 21:47   #47
God Member

I don't think Gordie is doing much more than voicing what a lot of people are thinking ... a quick eyeballing of what is going on around the world reveals that a lot of bad crap is going on ... now, if one wishes to assign the blame to GW and American military and economic imperialism, one can make a point ... if one condemns militant Islam, one can make equally valid points. Or perhaps it is a clash of values, or the last gasp of Manifest Destiny etc, etc, .... but all Islamic states grew out of Islam, and in many cases it is impossible to separate their religion from their politics ... this identity of religion and politics can be found in some areas of the Bible Belt in the US (and the governor's mansion in Alaska), but it is not as wide spread, or as readily accepted as it is in the Islamic world. But I do believe that militant Isalm poses as great a threat to world peace as global warming does to the environment ... I realise a lot of people don't accept this, which is cool, .... but a lot of people don't "believe" in global warming either.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 21:53   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I don't think Gordie is doing much more than voicing what a lot of people are thinking ... a quick eyeballing of what is going on around the world reveals that a lot of bad crap is going on ... now, if one wishes to assign the blame to GW and American military and economic imperialism, one can make a point ... if one condemns militant Islam, one can make equally valid points. Or perhaps it is a clash of values, or the last gasp of Manifest Destiny etc, etc, .... but all Islamic states grew out of Islam, and in many cases it is impossible to separate their religion from their politics ... this identity of religion and politics can be found in some areas of the Bible Belt in the US (and the governor's mansion in Alaska), but it is not as wide spread, or as readily accepted as it is in the Islamic world. But I do believe that militant Isalm poses as great a threat to world peace as global warming does to the environment ... I realise a lot of people don't accept this, which is cool, .... but a lot of people don't "believe" in global warming either.
Careful Eric this is bordering on taboo.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 22:04   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

dont think anyone is disputing "Militant Islam" poses a great threat Eric, just dont like the way he lumps em all in the same pot, in some posts, then not in others, that says to me, not wired up right.
Old 03-12-2008, 22:29   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
dont think anyone is disputing "Militant Islam" poses a great threat Eric, just dont like the way he lumps em all in the same pot, in some posts, then not in others, that says to me, not wired up right.
Your singing from one hymn book to another.Your quote dont think anyone is disputing Millitant Islam. You have disputed basically everything I have posted.
Different posts different topics.That say`s to me you are the one with crossed wires.
Old 03-12-2008, 22:49   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
Your singing from one hymn book to another.Your quote dont think anyone is disputing Millitant Islam. You have disputed basically everything I have posted.
Different posts different topics.That say`s to me you are the one with crossed wires.
perhaps its cos i don't believe you?
Old 03-12-2008, 23:20   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Careful Eric this is bordering on taboo.
Yeah, I know that ... now that the US election is over I shouldn't really be making fun of Sarah Palin
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:54   #53
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I am sure you are a very good hearted and a well meaning person but very misguided and way out of touch.Your overwhelming need to run down the west and defend any comments regarding islam or ethnic issues draws you to jump to coclusions with my quotes and play the racist card plain and simple.
I'm not playing any racist card, the fact is that people like you try to paint all Muslims with the same brush. We see it every day people making decisions that effect Muslims, but are not subscribed to by them, but by politically correct numpties, like doing away with Christmas and calling it winter festival amongst others. Only his morning its been reported that staff at Greenwood Junior School in Sneinton Nottingham have cancelled a nativity play and put it back to January, because it clashes with Eid. A mother who has two children at the school said that her children would be celebrating Eid for two days next week but couldn't see why the nativity play couldn't go ahead later, before Christmas. So if you think that things like this is playing the race card, just shows what a narrow minded view of life you have. The fact is that a lot of people having a say on this actually live here in Hyndburn and don't have a problem. The fact that you have said on here that you moved to Ireland because of what you say is a problem with Islam shows you up for what you are a bigot
Old 07-12-2008, 15:47   #54

Wink Re: Mumbai what`s next

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I'm not playing any racist card, the fact is that people like you try to paint all Muslims with the same brush. We see it every day people making decisions that effect Muslims, but are not subscribed to by them, but by politically correct numpties, like doing away with Christmas and calling it winter festival amongst others. Only his morning its been reported that staff at Greenwood Junior School in Sneinton Nottingham have cancelled a nativity play and put it back to January, because it clashes with Eid. A mother who has two children at the school said that her children would be celebrating Eid for two days next week but couldn't see why the nativity play couldn't go ahead later, before Christmas. So if you think that things like this is playing the race card, just shows what a narrow minded view of life you have. The fact is that a lot of people having a say on this actually live here in Hyndburn and don't have a problem. The fact that you have said on here that you moved to Ireland because of what you say is a problem with Islam shows you up for what you are a bigot
Just take in what you have typed above regarding Nottingham it shows you up for what you are.You are no different from the members of staff at
Greenwood junior school and because I dont agree you say I am a bigot and a racist.Hundreds of thousands who are fortunate to be able to leave
Britain do so because of the worsening situation and you say the majority are happy with the likes of the example you stated in Nottingham.I can only say you must be nuts.
Old 07-12-2008, 15:56   #55
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Just take in what you have typed above regarding Nottingham it shows you up for what you are.You are no different from the members of staff at
Greenwood junior school and because I dont agree you say I am a bigot and a racist.Hundreds of thousands who are fortunate to be able to leave
Britain do so because of the worsening situation and you say the majority are happy with the likes of the example you stated in Nottingham.I can only say you must be nuts.
Did you read what he said backwards? I don't get the same meaning from his post as you seem to.

Why not go for a few drinks with your Irish mates and tell them what a wonderful job you thought Cromwell did?

You will soon learn about prejudice!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 16:04   #56
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
The people that have answered you are not in denial, they are telling you a few truth's one of which is that by your attitude both in this and other deliberately inflammatory threads that you have started, you are a racist!
Is he racist or religionist?
Old 07-12-2008, 16:10   #57
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Is he racist or religionist?
According to the United Nations Neil, racial discrimination can take the form of race or ethnic groups. Discrimination, of course, is a different ballgame, as against having a disapproval of such groups.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 16:24   #58
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
According to the United Nations Neil, racial discrimination can take the form of race or ethnic groups. Discrimination, of course, is a different ballgame, as against having a disapproval of such groups.

Maybe Kate but I see them as separate. You can dislike the members of a religion without disliking the race those people come from. Especially when members of a religion can and do come from many races.
Old 07-12-2008, 16:51   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Maybe Kate but I see them as separate. You can dislike the members of a religion without disliking the race those people come from. Especially when members of a religion can and do come from many races.
I dislike Jehovahs witnesses - doorknocking fundamentalists, but white people in general - I am OK with

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 17:01   #60
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I dislike Jehovahs witnesses - doorknocking fundamentalists, but white people in general - I am OK with
Why do you dislike them?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..