Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2008, 23:09   #76

Re: Mumbai what`s next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I think youv've got the makings of an eejut....no wonder you have got so many Robins....I think it maybe the time that you saw the light.
Read the many posts on here and digest what is being said.
Doctrine in anyway shape or form is, as I gather not appreciated, so sod off and do your preaching elsewhere.
I am well aware of the many posts from the cliche on here and enjoy winding them up.I am no more religious than the next man.
I have no hatred towards any race or creed although some of my quotes have been cunfused with my disagreement on ethnic issues
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-12-2008, 23:18   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
According to the offical figures unemployment in Ireland is at a 10 year high of 7.8%. The UK rate is 6.7%
Well that could be correct the last 6 months have been devastating in the building trade and the last 2 months in other sectors.
I was talking in general over the last 10 years where there as been almost full employment.
Old 08-12-2008, 23:24   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
Well that could be correct the last 6 months have been devastating in the building trade and the last 2 months in other sectors.
I was talking in general over the last 10 years where there as been almost full employment.
that conflicts with what i discovered from friends n family that live approx 7 miles out of dublin, was oer 5/6 yrs back. it did seem to be better than ours,but didn't seem too great.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:09   #79
Resting in Peace

Quote:
That`s not just discourteous but is discrimination against the Jehovahs community a peace loving belief or is that ok for you because they are mainly white or is only Islam peace loving as quoted by you earlier.When people dont agree with Islam they are racist and bigots in your book.
I don't mind any religion so long as they don't come peddling it at my front door, can't ever remember a Muslin doing that
Old 10-12-2008, 19:24   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
that conflicts with what i discovered from friends n family that live approx 7 miles out of dublin, was oer 5/6 yrs back. it did seem to be better than ours,but didn't seem too great.
Ask a lazy man who does not want work or defends lazy family members and you will always hear conflicting reports.The celtic tiger of the past ten years was almost full employment of course they will always be people who can not find the exact job that they want and will accept nothing else except employment benefit
try changing from the sun to the independant

Last edited by Gordie; 10-12-2008 at 19:27.
Old 10-12-2008, 19:29   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I don't mind any religion so long as they don't come peddling it at my front door, can't ever remember a Muslin doing that
No they just blow the train up that your traveling on

Last edited by Gordie; 10-12-2008 at 19:32.
Old 10-12-2008, 19:38   #82
God Member

Quote:

You got a point there, Gordie ... no one ever died from having a copy of the Watch Tower shoved in his face ... but some strategically placed plastic explosive can really interupt the flow of your day
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 20:03   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Ask a lazy man who does not want work or defends lazy family members and you will always hear conflicting reports.The celtic tiger of the past ten years was almost full employment of course they will always be people who can not find the exact job that they want and will accept nothing else except employment benefit
try changing from the sun to the independant
thats why ya come across as a complete cretin, if thats what ya think, how the irish tolerate someone like you is totally beyond me, then i don't think ya tell em the truth.
Old 10-12-2008, 20:40   #84

Quote:
thats why ya come across as a complete cretin, if thats what ya think, how the irish tolerate someone like you is totally beyond me, then i don't think ya tell em the truth.
Your supposedly facts from your family are wrong full stop and I am guessing you are aware of that or your just a cretin.If you are trying to prove me wrong I suggest you get your facts right first because you only look a fool quoting I dont think ya tell em the truth when most people are aware that Ireland had the celtic tiger for the last ten years.Your not in a nursing home without a tv and newspapers are you ? If you are I apologise most sincerely.
Old 10-12-2008, 20:44   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
You got a point there, Gordie ... no one ever died from having a copy of the Watch Tower shoved in his face ... but some strategically placed plastic explosive can really interupt the flow of your day
Exactly,well said Eric
Old 10-12-2008, 21:23   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

no my foolish ex-pat, have relatives who have very good jobs, n he told me he was very worried as things had slackened off considerably in his business, but why i should explain to a clown like you i do not know.
Old 10-12-2008, 23:49   #87

Talking Re: Mumbai what`s next

Quote:
no my foolish ex-pat, have relatives who have very good jobs, n he told me he was very worried as things had slackened off considerably in his business, but why i should explain to a clown like you i do not know.
Well if you would have explained better without trying to be arrogant I would not have misunderstood you.We all know some people will decline work when employment is good with all kinds of excuses so no country can have full employment.Ireland is no exception to this with a lot of the colleges here full of buskers and so called art students living of unemployment benefits
Old 11-12-2008, 00:35   #88
Yank in King Art's Court!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Are all Americans Jehovahs witnesses or are all Jehovahs witnesses Americans?

They both seem to invade peoples spaces without invitation!
Aw Less, and I thought we had almost becomes mates!

Just a tad of an interuption but very few Americans are J.W.'s. I'm not sure if it's solely American based or not.

But yeah I agree many Americans can be pretty pushy. On behalf of such, I apologize on my country's behalf!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 02:20   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
Aw Less, and I thought we had almost becomes mates!

Just a tad of an interuption but very few Americans are J.W.'s. I'm not sure if it's solely American based or not.

But yeah I agree many Americans can be pretty pushy. On behalf of such, I apologize on my country's behalf!

Brian
You know bud, a lot of this stuff starts with the kind of thinking that inspired the otherwise great Samuel Johsnon to say: "I am willing to love all mankind, except an american (sic)" But I think more like Arnold Toynbee, who said, "America is a large, friendly dog in a very small room. Every time it wags its tail, it knocks over a chair."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:57   #90
Resting in Peace

Quote:

There you go again taring all Muslims with the same brush and you say your not a racist. I think you'd b better off reading the Beano never mind the Independent, the Beano is more on your intellectual level

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..