Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2008, 16:36   #91
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Mumbai what`s next

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
that conflicts with what i discovered from friends n family that live approx 7 miles out of dublin, was oer 5/6 yrs back. it did seem to be better than ours,but didn't seem too great.
Thats trying to prove you wrong, also arrogant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
Ask a lazy man who does not want work or defends lazy family members and you will always hear conflicting reports.The celtic tiger of the past ten years was almost full employment of course they will always be people who can not find the exact job that they want and will accept nothing else except employment benefit
try changing from the sun to the independant
this is how you responded, infering my family n friends are lazy.!

Quote:
Your supposedly facts from your family are wrong full stop and I am guessing you are aware of that or your just a cretin.If you are trying to prove me wrong I suggest you get your facts right first because you only look a fool quoting I dont think ya tell em the truth when most people are aware that Ireland had the celtic tiger for the last ten years.Your not in a nursing home without a tv and newspapers are you ? If you are I apologise most sincerely.
i am well aware of the situation, if you can manage to read properly, all i said was my info conficts with yer almost "Full Employment" fer last 10yrs.

Quote:
no my foolish ex-pat, have relatives who have very good jobs, n he told me he was very worried as things had slackened off considerably in his business, but why i should explain to a clown like you i do not know.
Quote:
Well if you would have explained better without trying to be arrogant I would not have misunderstood you.We all know some people will decline work when employment is good with all kinds of excuses so no country can have full employment.Ireland is no exception to this with a lot of the colleges here full of buskers and so called art students living of unemployment benefits
now yer saying no country can have full employment thats not rocket science, everyones aware of that fact. so cos someone disagrees with your comments, they are arrogant, carry on as you are, i will let others make their own minds up.
Old 11-12-2008, 16:47   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
You know bud, a lot of this stuff starts with the kind of thinking that inspired the otherwise great Samuel Johsnon to say: "I am willing to love all mankind, except an american (sic)" But I think more like Arnold Toynbee, who said, "America is a large, friendly dog in a very small room. Every time it wags its tail, it knocks over a chair."
No surely that should read:
............. a large, untrained dog...................
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 17:51   #93
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
No surely that should read:
............. a large, untrained dog...................
Aw, 'cmon ... these are my neighbours you are talking about
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 21:52   #94

Quote:
Thats trying to prove you wrong, also arrogant?

this is how you responded, infering my family n friends are lazy.!

i am well aware of the situation, if you can manage to read properly, all i said was my info conficts with yer almost "Full Employment" fer last 10yrs.

now yer saying no country can have full employment thats not rocket science, everyones aware of that fact. so cos someone disagrees with your comments, they are arrogant, carry on as you are, i will let others make their own minds up.
Yes I am saying no country can have full employment because there will always be people claiming unemployment benefit for reasons explained.
What I quoted earlier cretin was Ireland had almost full employment. There was obviously no listed jobs for wanna be astronauts.Regarding the fact that someone disagrees with my comments makes them arrogant thats untrue only you have been.This nonsense is because I dont agree with you on ethnic issues and you are constantly trying to prove me wrong unsuccessfully.Regarding me inferring your family was lazy I was quoting a saying ( ask a lazy man why he has no work) and you will always hear conflicting reports.
Your quote I will let others make their minds up. Are these others going to be members of your little cliche clown

Last edited by Gordie; 11-12-2008 at 21:55.
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 22:05   #95
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

ah well spit yer dummy out gordie, the comment was nothing to do with yer view on other issues. n as fer my clique as you call it, further proves to me what a pathetic man you are. keep up the good work.
Old 11-12-2008, 23:45   #96
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

well as its getting that time of the year, have a good un, mind ya can't miss wi that "Porter" wicked stuff. may be over meself next year.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:36   #97
Resting in Peace

Quote:
ah well spit yer dummy out gordie, the comment was nothing to do with yer view on other issues. n as fer my clique as you call it, further proves to me what a pathetic man you are. keep up the good work.
Man cashy, thats being generous to say the least

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..