Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2007, 22:18   #1
Always EVIL within us

Angry Poisonous Gas Cloud Over Accy

There isn't yet.......but if the promised warmer weather arrives, there certainly will be!!

I came home tonight, brought in our wheely bin, cleaned out the cats poo tray, putting the deposits into a little plastic bag and proceeded to drop it in the now empty bin. Nowt wrong with that, it happens twice daily but it struck me that those deposits plus all the other rubbish and food waste will be sitting in my rear yard for a
month Thats because on the next fortnightly collection, I will be travelling up to Scotland with Willow.

It reeked yesterday when I put it out and flies were in abundance, whatever will it be like after being left for a month? I wonder what P.B. does when he goes on holiday, Probably leaves the key to his garden with the rubbish depot manager!

While I am on the subject of wheelie bins, a fortnight back, I had reason to go out the back way on the morning of the collection.........and found that my bin was full to overflowing with additional black bags Likewise, this morning, a load of rags had been thrown in overnight. Now considering the threat of being fined for overfull bins and binning recycling products, what can you suggest I do with this situation? I will be writing to the council but short of standing guard all night with a shotgun...........Hmmmm,
Old 01-08-2007, 22:48   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Poisonous Gas Cloud Over Accy

There's talk of us having new lockable wheelie bins, if they bring in charges by weight.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 00:08   #3
God Member

Cat poo can go down the loo - I keep the litter tray in the bathroom and scoop the poo with a poo scooper. The (bagged)litter granules have to go in the bin once a week and contain only wee (what a subject !)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:21   #4
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Cat poo can go down the loo - I keep the litter tray in the bathroom and scoop the poo with a poo scooper. The (bagged)litter granules have to go in the bin once a week and contain only wee (what a subject !)
We've got a vibrating one poop scooper that is In our house, I am sure that putting the tray in the loo wouldn't work, we have two cats and between them spread the litter all over the floor when they "cover up!" It is bad enough in the kitchen but relitively easy to sweep up with a linlo floor but the thought of it in the carpet upstairs mingling with towels that have fallen off hooks and clothing put on the floor to be washed..... Yes, I know that things should be put away properly but with two teenage girls in the house, they would step over a dead body without noticing it!!

No, cat litter to stay in kitchen!

Its not just cat poo though, what do you do with the chicken bones and other food wastes that don't get eaten??
Old 02-08-2007, 09:02   #5
Resting in Peace

Just a suggestion Busman if you get on well with a neighbour can they not put your bin out?
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:49   #6
Senior Member+

can you not put your bin in your back yard,we had a neighbour put there binbags into our bin when we put ours out,i had enough of my bin not being emptied due to the lid not being closed that i ended up taking out the bin bags that wernt mine and leaving them by the wheeelie bins,found out who was doing it because of the nappies no one else had a baby,so i put all the binbags into their wheelie bin and their bin wouldnt close but thats not my problem,it stopped as soon as they found that their bin wasnt being emptied
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:38   #7
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ber999T View Post
Just a suggestion Busman if you get on well with a neighbour can they not put your bin out?
On one side we have a white couple that we are just about on nodding terms with. In fact, the last time we spoke was last week when he knocked on our door to complain about the noise and activity out front where boys congregate like dogs on heat (Which has nothing to do with Mimzie being 16 and very attractive) On the other side, we have new neighbours. They are Asian and moved in just over a..............month ago. Hmmmm - but of course, we cannot accuse our new neighbours for doing something as underhand as over-filling our bin now can we!!

We could of course leave the gate open, but I will guarantee that when we come back, there will be far more than rubbish missing from the yard, in fact, all there will be is the full wheelie bin as the refuse collectors will (as their name implies) refuse to drag it down two enormous steps and then take it back into the yard, so no jackyalex, leaving it in the yard is not an option. (Neither is putting it out early as that is considered "fly-tipping" by the council)

Old 02-08-2007, 14:08   #8
God Member

Quote:
What a subject indeed! But it does have a nice rhyme to it: "poo" "loo" "scoop" .... the only word that jars in this poetic tour de force is "granules."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 14:14   #9
God Member

What you seem to have is a distinct shortage of creatures of the night who come along and eat the bulk of your garbage (unfortunately, they do tend to spread around what they don't eat). Raccoons, skunk, and squirrels in large numbers may be the answer. Perhaps a grizzley in your yard: he would take care of the garbage, the neighbours, the lads in heat, the garbage men, etc.
Old 02-08-2007, 14:37   #10
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: Poisonous Gas Cloud Over Accy

Quote:
Sea otters off California are catching a virus that inhabits cat poo, although the virus is harmless to cats. People flush the cat litter tray contents down the toilet and that finds its way to the sea and makes the sea otters ill and kills them.
Old 02-08-2007, 14:52   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747 View Post

On one side we have a white couple that we are just about on nodding terms with. In fact, the last time we spoke was last week when he knocked on our door to complain about the noise and activity out front where boys congregate like dogs on heat (Which has nothing to do with Mimzie being 16 and very attractive) On the other side, we have new neighbours. They are Asian and moved in just over a..............month ago. Hmmmm - but of course, we cannot accuse our new neighbours for doing something as underhand as over-filling our bin now can we!!

We could of course leave the gate open, but I will guarantee that when we come back, there will be far more than rubbish missing from the yard, in fact, all there will be is the full wheelie bin as the refuse collectors will (as their name implies) refuse to drag it down two enormous steps and then take it back into the yard, so no jackyalex, leaving it in the yard is not an option. (Neither is putting it out early as that is considered "fly-tipping" by the council)
Is there nobody else who could put your bin out for you? Do you not have any friends or relatives nearby?My mum came to Ossy from Accy to put our bin out for us when we went away.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 14:52   #12
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Sea otters off California are catching a virus that inhabits cat poo, although the virus is harmless to cats. People flush the cat litter tray contents down the toilet and that finds its way to the sea and makes the sea otters ill and kills them.
I hope Margaret @ rothwell reads that Fancy her feeding all those sea otters with her cats poo by flushing it down the loo
Old 02-08-2007, 15:45   #13
God Member

I will research sewage treatment and report back

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 15:48   #14
God Member

Quote:
I will research sewage treatment and report back
That's a nice thing to be doing on a hot summer day!

I really hope that this does not involve removing a person hole cover, and crawling on your hands and knees thro' you know what
Old 02-08-2007, 15:56   #15
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Poisonous Gas Cloud Over Accy

That sea otter info was on last night’s BBC 2 Animal Park programme at 6.00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
That's a nice thing to be doing on a hot summer day!

I really hope that this does not involve removing a person hole cover, and crawling on your hands and knees thro' you know what
Is that what they mean by “going through the motions”?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..