Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2014, 19:13   #4036
Junior Member+

Re: The Tories

A Police Officer was sacked recently for having sex whilst on duty. When Prescott did this they gave him a peerage.
HPilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-08-2014, 20:46   #4037
Senior Member+

but john prescott is sexy

HPilling likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 20:48   #4038

Had a couple of TORY councillors round the other night canvassing in Baxenden. They hadn't a bloody clue.....asked them about privatising the NHS and how it is crucifying the service and quality of care given to patients...they didnt know what to say except "er what about the care you get with BUPA"....I said who the heck in ACCY can afford to pay BUPA rates"...they just shrugged their shoulders....asked them about the extra windturbines that 99% of people dont want...she said I dont agree with them..but then said she wasnt allowed to vote against them because she had an underlying interest in something or other that was connected to them......All she kept saying was "would you spend money you didnt have like the Labour Govt did"...when I said but the TORY govt is now borrowing and spending money they dont have...she said " well they aren't borrowing as much"......I suppose she paid for her Mortgage in cash then, rather than borrowing off the bank money she doesnt have.... to pay for her home......CLUELESS
Karateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2014, 20:49   #4039

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPilling View Post
Recently a Police Officer was sacked for having sex on duty. When Prescott did this they gave him a peerage
When was Prescott ever in the Police force?????????????????
Old 14-08-2014, 09:54   #4040
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karateman View Post
....I said who the heck in ACCY can afford to pay BUPA rates"....
Some of us in Ossy can, it's part of my benefits package with work. Unfortunately it only covers me, if I had started working for them a few years earlier it would have covered the rest of my family.
Old 14-08-2014, 10:43   #4041
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Some of us in Ossy can, it's part of my benefits package with work. Unfortunately it only covers me, if I had started working for them a few years earlier it would have covered the rest of my family.
Also unfortunately Neil, i worked wi guy in late 80s who had the same package wi work, until he had summat that couldn't be cured, BUPA then removed him from their register. see the implications then if we ever lose the NHS? summat these Tory scumbags would love to do.
Old 14-08-2014, 14:59   #4042
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Also unfortunately Neil, i worked wi guy in late 80s who had the same package wi work, until he had summat that couldn't be cured, BUPA then removed him from their register. see the implications then if we ever lose the NHS? summat these Tory scumbags would love to do.
I think most packages have limits. So does the NHS though and it was in the news recently again how they wont pay for some life prolonging cancer treatment drugs
Old 14-08-2014, 16:42   #4043
Beacon of light

No they won't pay for some cancer drugs but they willl pay for a donor sperm bank so that single women/lesbians can become mothers.
Talk about having your priorities skewed.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2014, 16:59   #4044
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No they won't pay for some cancer drugs but they willl pay for a donor sperm bank so that single women/lesbians can become mothers.
Talk about having your priorities skewed.
It's down to life choices, if I was a lesbian, I would do anything to avoid a cock up.
So what alternative can we as a caring society do to ensure they get a house, benefits and an alternative to working for a living?
Personally I wouldn't allow them to claim unless the sperm donor is willing to contribute to the child's upkeep, the winker.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2014, 17:26   #4045
Beacon of light

Having a child is not a 'right'.......you might say that having treatment for cancer isn't a right either......having cancer could kill you(even though the chances of a remission are greatly improved)....not becoming a mother because your sexuality is of a same sex partnership, will not kill you(not directly anyway).

The drug that is going to give women six months longer to live is seen as 'uneconomic'...this, despite the fact that those who have trialled the drug have lived far longer than the six months this drug is supposed to extend life by.

The drug has been in development for more than ten years....the company that developed it(Roche) have offered the drug at 60% of its cost, but still the NHS say it is uneconomic......they only wanted to pay 40% of the cost.
Less likes this.
Old 14-08-2014, 17:33   #4046
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I think most packages have limits. So does the NHS though and it was in the news recently again how they wont pay for some life prolonging cancer treatment drugs
Out of interest where yeh told yer package had limits when it was given yeh? cos i know fer sure this chap wasn't.
Old 14-08-2014, 17:38   #4047

Of course having a child isn't a right, if a lesbian chooses to have a child without physical contact with a man, she should go to the pound shop get a turkey baster, use that, but the guy should still be classed as the father and be on the birth certificate and contribute to its upkeep before she can claim any benefits.
Otherwise it's an unfair system for 'natural' parents.
Old 14-08-2014, 17:58   #4048

Before I get childless couples wanting to get me stoned, you, I am happy with the system helping, an unfortunate couple prepared to bring a child up in a normal, he verses she environment is something to be encouraged.

Last edited by Less; 14-08-2014 at 18:02.
Old 14-08-2014, 19:17   #4049
Beacon of light

Less....I agree with both of your last two posts.
A very common sense approach. If we can see this then why on earth can't the powers that be see it too?
Oh yes, because it contravenes the skewed idea of equality......the two females can reproduce without the help of a male......an easier task than two males reproducing without a female.
Old 14-08-2014, 19:23   #4050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Of course having a child isn't a right, if a lesbian chooses to have a child without physical contact with a man, she should go to the pound shop get a turkey baster, use that, but the guy should still be classed as the father and be on the birth certificate and contribute to its upkeep before she can claim any benefits.
Otherwise it's an unfair system for 'natural' parents.
Here here....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..