Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2014, 13:46   #3991
God Member

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
There were few sensitivities about such things back then.
It is history......what happened.
It is only now that people go about wringing their hands and apologising.

What I don't get is how can you apologise for something that you were not guilty of...that you were not even born to see...doesn't such behaviour make all apologies shallow and of no value?

every few years or so some group or other starts asking for an appology for slavery in america.Now im not a supporter of slavery but im pretty sure myself , my parents or my grandparents didnt have any part in slavery especially in america yet it wasnt too long ago our government was issuing an appology on behalf of the UK.I think the appology was issued under tony blairs dictoatorship so im guessing his appology to iraq is been written up any day now.

i think the next time our contry is asked to appologise for events from long long ago a statement shoud be issued stating " GET OVER IT " but the way this country works we will be appologising to the germans soon for getting in the way of their world domination

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2014, 13:50   #3992
Beacon of light

Except that we are not getting in the way of their ambitions. They are just pursuing them in a different and insidious way. Trouble is there are lots of folk in our government who cannot see this and by their apathy are helping them.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2014, 15:49   #3993
God Member

them with the power to stop or reverse what has happened to this country dont give a damn because while they are selling this contry down the river they are making enough money to move anywhere in the world they like or have enough money for nothing to effect them.

the hardest decision a politition will ever make after a carreer in politics is how many acres of land he or she needs between them and their neigbours

all crooks and in it for themselves and they still find ways to line tehir pockets despite been exposed as theives only a few years ago

they are answerable to no one

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 20-07-2014, 17:26   #3994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Perhaps, had you said this:-

Instead of trying to cloud the issue with this:-

You wouldn't be feeling insulted now?
No.

I just feel so sorry for all the youngsters trying to keep body and soul together.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 09:04   #3995
God Member

so David Cameron wants France to cancel its £1 billion deal with Russia , so does this mean the Tory party will refund all its donations from the Russian tax dodgers in London we have the right to know.
Old 23-07-2014, 09:28   #3996
Beacon of light

Why don't you ask him?
Then again, I thought you would know seeing as you are party to such information long before us plebs.
Old 23-07-2014, 10:21   #3997
God Member

Quote:
Why don't you ask him?
Then again, I thought you would know seeing as you are party to such information long before us plebs.

its hard to hear all the news when your heads wedged up millibands arse

ask you know who

Old 23-07-2014, 10:24   #3998
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

What a load of crap, were still selling arms to em,as we would be whoever was in power.
Old 23-07-2014, 11:20   #3999
Beacon of light

But Cashy, if that were the case then it would never get a mention.....because if Labour did it it would be deemed acceptable

And as for the funds given to the Tory party by Russian oligarchs.....well, of course that is deplorable too.
The Labour Party would never take money from donors would it?
Old 23-07-2014, 16:02   #4000
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
The Labour Party would never take money from donors would it?
Not such an issue taking money from donors, it's just about taking it from the dodgy ones who're wanting something in return that's the naughty!

And of course, Liebour are above all that ................
Old 23-07-2014, 22:22   #4001
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
What a load of crap, were still selling arms to em,as we would be whoever was in power.
you mean russia has a lot of 1 arm bandits
Old 24-07-2014, 19:23   #4002
Senior Member+

So, Britain will have the highest growth rate of any of the major advanced economies this year, according to the IMF!
Higher than the USA, Germany,France, Italy, Spain, Japan and Canada. In 2015 we'll still be up there!
Just think how well we'd be doing if the Lib/Dems didn't keep getting in the way!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 13:51   #4003
God Member

well retail sales are in these figures, i would guess the thousands of visas given to the chinese for them to spend their cash in overseas hedge fund owned shops in london came in handy . the majority of workers with their no pay rise , rise in inflation and the people working for nothing but included in employment figures , the worker struggling on 16 hours a week classed as full time employed or the working class being forced out of london will be overjoyed by these figures and statistics
Eric likes this.
Old 25-07-2014, 15:04   #4004
Senior Member+

My guru, you're losing your fervour!
What took you so long to bite? Sorry, respond.
UK unemployment 6.5%
Spain 25%
Portugal 15.1%
Italy 12.6%
Ireland 11.6%
France 10.1%
We've a long way to go but we seem to be getting there better than many countries.
What's wrong with the Chinese spending in London shops? Better here than in the euro zone. Anyway, most of it is money we spent on stuff from them or is USA debt.
Remember where we were in 2010 when the Labour Govt. and the bankers had finished wrecking our economy? Never mind rises, we'd no money left to pay wages.
Yes there are some poor jobs and poor wages but at last we're going the right way.
And no-one on the IMF has suggested we're fiddling the figures.
With growth will come pay rises, as the Chinese are finding out to their horror. Be patient.
Why do you think immigrants from all over the world want to come here, whether to work or for benefits? They'll ride,walk or hang under lorries right through the EU to get here- the land of opportunity for them whether or not they work.
Where else in Europe( or the world) could a Romanian immigrant earn £1800/month( he says) and get £4600/month benefits? He'd have to earn £125,000 before tax to get all that by working. Still not happy, he wants a bigger house as he lied and said he had 6 children when he actually had 15. You wait, he'll get one, you can afford it.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 17:13   #4005
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
..... or the working class being forced out of London .....

Please will you explain what you mean by being forced out of London?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..