Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2015, 21:30   #4081
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Well as I said at the beginning I was prepared to be impressed by Farage, but on every single question asked during the debate, he brought foreigners, immigrants and the EU into his replies. Is that all he thinks about?
Possibly, possibly not but its were much of british money is going, so tell me who else gives a damn.?
Old 03-04-2015, 21:34   #4082

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Possibly, possibly not but its were much of british money is going, so tell me who else gives a damn.?
Personally, I think it's about time we had a referendum in this country about our membership of the EU. It's been an emotive subject for a long time, so it needs settling once and for all.
accyman and DaveinGermany like this.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 23:00   #4083
God Member

Quote:
Personally, I think it's about time we had a referendum in this country about our membership of the EU. It's been an emotive subject for a long time, so it needs settling once and for all.
the last person who said that and could have has an effect changed his mind a few weeks after been elected and voted against us having a referendum

not going to get into that again im sure everyone recalls his massive u-turn and his lack of willingness to explain why he did what he did and it can be found quite easily using search feature on the forum

but alas you could stick a red rosette on a turd around here and most folk will still vote for it.

this will be the first election i wont vote labour as i prommised the day after it came out our MP voted against us having a referendum.

the only problem i have now is which one gets my vote i dont want to waste it like i did last time

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 23:09   #4084

Well one Party leader has promised a referendum in two years' time, but whether you could take another Tory government is another matter.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 00:06   #4085
God Member

Quote:
Well one Party leader has promised a referendum in two years' time, but whether you could take another Tory government is another matter.

wouldnt trust either labour or tory to keep their word on anything

liebour vs con's is the way i see the election

looks like the advocate for manhole covers is gonna get in again because no other party has put any serious competition forward

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:16   #4086
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
the last person who said that and could have has an effect changed his mind a few weeks after been elected and voted against us having a referendum

not going to get into that again im sure everyone recalls his massive u-turn and his lack of willingness to explain why he did what he did and it can be found quite easily using search feature on the forum

but alas you could stick a red rosette on a turd around here and most folk will still vote for it.

this will be the first election i wont vote labour as i prommised the day after it came out our MP voted against us having a referendum.

the only problem i have now is which one gets my vote i dont want to waste it like i did last time
But didn't he explain that 95% of us didn't understand what it was all about?
Old 04-04-2015, 07:32   #4087

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
why should britain pay for non - britains medical care? are yez really that stupid?
Just a thought.

Do the Germans pay for non Germans medical care?
do the French pay for non French medical care?
Do the Spanish pay for non Spanish medical care?

If the answer is YES, Farage has a point.

If the answer is NO, then the solution is NOT to leave the EU, it's to make sure the UK abides by the same rules (and no more) than everyone else!
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:53   #4088
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburner View Post
Just a thought.

If the answer is NO, then the solution is NOT to leave the EU, it's to make sure the UK abides by the same rules (and no more) than everyone else!
You are quite right about other EU countries charging for medical services, even if you hold an EHC - but it doesn't stop there. You cannot claim any benefits until you have worked for a period, you cannot practice your trade until you have become certified in that trade and the exams are in the language of that country.
They also ignore the rules for asylum seekers/illegal immigrants - they are required to register and seek asylum in the first EU country that they arrive in.
What other organisation would you support that has not had it's accounts verified and signed off - and this organisation, the EU, is responsible for "spending" an incredible amount of money every year. If it were a national company they would have been heavily fined and the directors sent to jail.
accyman and Morecambe Ex Pat like this.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:20   #4089
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Just a thought.

Having lived in Spain i had to pay for "ALL" Interpreters and pay For Medical Care for my late wife n I until i had paid enough into the Spanish System and rightfully so. So You saying NOT to leave the E.U. is a non starter, cos we dont do the same thing here anyway, Methinks yeh are trying hard to secretly wave the Labour flag?
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:24   #4090

.....so it seems we are threatening to leave an organisation because we don't like having to apply rules that other member nations ignore.

We can get the hell out of there...........

........or we can start applying the same attitude to the rules. Charge foreigners for health care, even if they have a EHC card. Don't give anyone benefit until they've been here a certain period. Don't let anyone practice a trade until they are certified in that trade AND make the test only available in English.

Ignore the rules on asylum seekers and illegal immigrants, and tell the other countries we won't entertain ANYONE from another EU state, because that is where they should seek asylum.

Seems to me it's our own attitude towards political correctness and 'doing the right thing' that is causing us problems as EU members.

Let's start playing the game like everybody else, and use the rules to suit us!
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:43   #4091
Beacon of light

Many of the European countries cherry pick which rules they will follow and which they will ignore....and nothing happens to them.

I am not European, I am British. I do not want to be a part of the European union as a political organisation(which is what it has become) rather than the trading union it was sold to us as.

I do not want unelected bureaucrats(with no accountability) in Brussels to make the laws by which I abide.
If they are going to do that, then what is the purpose of out own parliamentary system?

The EU is a corrupt money gobbling monster......and if it were a business it would never be allowed to operate.
Morecambe Ex Pat likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:56   #4092
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
.....so it seems we are threatening to leave an organisation because we don't like having to apply rules that other member nations ignore.

We can get the hell out of there...........

........or we can start applying the same attitude to the rules. Charge foreigners for health care, even if they have a EHC card. Don't give anyone benefit until they've been here a certain period. Don't let anyone practice a trade until they are certified in that trade AND make the test only available in English.

Ignore the rules on asylum seekers and illegal immigrants, and tell the other countries we won't entertain ANYONE from another EU state, because that is where they should seek asylum.

Seems to me it's our own attitude towards political correctness and 'doing the right thing' that is causing us problems as EU members.

Let's start playing the game like everybody else, and use the rules to suit us!
That will never happen n you know it, Both parties have ignored when in power, Whats causing us problems in my view is clowns in the public who are happy with this farce.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:15   #4093
Beacon of light

If the Tories are given another term and by some mad chance there IS a referendum on membership of the EU, the government are not obliged to follow the wishes of the electorate.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:17   #4094
Beacon of light

When we signed up to be a member of the EU, it was for trade purposes.
This is no longer the remit of the EU.....it is far more a political organisation, seeking ever more binding political ties.
Morecambe Ex Pat likes this.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:38   #4095
Senior Member+

If Ed and the unions hadn't knifed his big brother in the back I think Labour would be scoring much higher in the polls now.
The unions got what they wanted- a man who'd do as he was told. Trouble is he'll do as Ed Balls tells him, as Sturgeon tells him, as Obama tells him, hell, he just wants to be loved.

We once thought of retiring to Spain so I read up on it.
One very clear instruction- you must have full medical insurance. The Spanish health service, as cashman says, would only give very limited cover even using your card, same with France and Germany. Not even free visits to GPs, even though we are EU members. Not in the EU- nocover at all.
I think Farage was referring to people from all over the world, not the EU, who turn up here for free treatment. Shame he did it so clumsily.

As the boss of Fiat/Chrysler once said-' We Italians have no problems with EU laws, if we don't like them we ignore them.'

We're the fools in the EU, always having to set the good example. The others must laugh at us.

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 04-04-2015 at 09:48.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..