Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2012, 11:26   #1276
God Member

Re: The Tories

this is from 2011 and from private firms and mates.the figures are the ones they have officially published since david cameron became leader of the tories they have trebled the labour party get most of theirs from hard working salt of the earth people not these leaches who put self interest before their country the tories the enemy from within who want to destroy the basic fabric of british life and create poverty.
Old 28-03-2012, 11:53   #1277
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
the revision of uk economy figures doesnt look good but their is one bright spot investment could this be private firms paying into the tory party or the nhs to treble their money UK economic growth revised down to 0.3% contraction

UK GDP growth, quarter on previous quarter
%
Source: ONS
-0.3%

UK Economy

The UK's economic growth for the last three months of 2011 has been revised down to a contraction of 0.3%.

The first two estimates of gross domestic product (GDP) from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) showed a contraction of 0.2%.

The ONS blamed the revision on the transport and communications and business services and finance sectors.

The annual figure for 2011 growth has also been revised down to 0.7% from 0.8%.

There was also a revision to the GDP figure for the three months from April to June 2011, which was revised from no change to a 0.1% contraction, meaning that the economy has been alternating between growth and contraction in successive quarters since the middle of 2010.

Analysts expect that trend to continue, meaning that the economy will have grown in the first three months of 2012, and that once again there will not have been a technical return to recession.

Will Hedden, IG Index: Companies are "sitting on their hands which stifles growth"
Bank of England governor Sir Mervyn King has predicted that the economy will continue to zig-zag between growth and contraction this year.

The pound fell to a two-week low against the US dollar of $1.5904 after the release of the data.

"What does it mean? Probably not a lot. But it kind of makes the starting point for 2012 that little bit more difficult," said Peter Dixon at Commerzbank.

"To some extent where you start determines your average outcome for the year, [so] it just makes the hill a little bit steeper in order to reach the Office for Budget Responsibility's 0.8% growth target."

But the data from the ONS was not all revised downwards.

"The one bright spot in the numbers is the investment figures have been revised up and that was a particularly shocking weakness in the original estimates, so I'm pleased to see that," said Brian Hilliard at Societe Generale.

The ONS also said real household disposable income had fallen by 1.2% the biggest since 1977.

Now, I know you didn't work all that out by yourself, but strangely there doesn't appear to be a link, or any form of accreditation for this information.

Still, you have been busy I suppose...cutting and pasting.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 13:06   #1278
God Member

who cares its the information that counts.its from the bbc not badminton is it
Old 28-03-2012, 13:16   #1279
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
who cares its the information that counts.its from the bbc not badminton is it
It's only information if it can be varified, please don't neglect adding your link in future, it's the only thing you're good at.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 13:24   #1280
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Oh, sorry misread it, thought you'd said patsy, was going to congratulate you on your new job working for the Tories.
In your case Less I meant Pastey as in Pastey faced!
kestrelx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 13:31   #1281
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
It's only information if it can be varified, please don't neglect adding your link in future, it's the only thing you're good at.
I'm with Less here..........and besides isn't the BBC considered a bit biased these days?......it isn't the impartial agent that it used to be.
Old 28-03-2012, 16:42   #1282
Give, give, give member

Quote:
this is how much the tories have received since cameron came to power The Green Benches: Cameron's Tories have received £159,484,285.40 in donations since he became leader. yes thats true.
'...figures show that since 2001, Labour have taken over £10 million from eight reportedly ‘non-dom’ donors.'

Iain Dale's Diary: Donations From Non Doms: Labour's Hypocrisy

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 16:49   #1283
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
You should have a look at how much debt some of the political parties are in while your at it then decide which is fit to run the finances of our country
'Labour’s NEC needs to start planning now how they are going to handle this. Otherwise the People’s Party has put itself at the mercy of some very rich and powerful people with the potential to bankrupt them.'

Could seven millionaire donors bankrupt Labour? David Hencke

Old 28-03-2012, 17:04   #1284
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I'm with Less here..........and besides isn't the BBC considered a bit biased these days?......it isn't the impartial agent that it used to be.

has teh bbc ever been truely unbiased i think they bow to whoever is in charge because whoever is in charge has the power to take away the licence fee or keep it despite growing pressure for it to be scrapped .

or am i just been a tad cynical and the BBC would bite the hand that feeds it ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 17:12   #1285
Beacon of light

It has always seemed biased...but not necessarily towards the party in office...regardless of whether they are the ones who control the purse strings.

And I think the Beeb would bite the hand that feeds it.
Old 28-03-2012, 18:37   #1286
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'...figures show that since 2001, Labour have taken over £10 million from eight reportedly ‘non-dom’ donors.'

Iain Dale's Diary: Donations From Non Doms: Labour's Hypocrisy
10 million compared to 179 million
Old 28-03-2012, 19:40   #1287
Give, give, give member

Quote:
10 million compared to 179 million
The figure I gave, unlike your's, was the amount donated to Labour by squillionaire non-domiciles.

I.e., tax dodgers.

Besides, wrong's wrong.

Two of them certainly don't make a right.

Old 28-03-2012, 22:01   #1288

After days of bad headlines about Tory funding suddenly Cameron and Maude contrive a fuel panic. Headlines gone. Co-incidence?
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 23:38   #1289
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToffeeGuy View Post
After days of bad headlines about Tory funding suddenly Cameron and Maude contrive a fuel panic. Headlines gone. Co-incidence?
And pigs will fly.
Old 28-03-2012, 23:52   #1290
God Member

ohh look wonga.com 1000% interest this is why there will be no enquiries and is legal.no wonder they want rid of workers rights this is so sinister.anybody who supports the tories and is working class after reading this are pure idiots.David Cameron wanted to wave through donor's policy to destroy rights of workers - UK Politics - UK - The Independent tories the enemy within.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..