Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2012, 21:20   #1216
God Member

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
but here is another decision seemingly labour did do their homework
this is what i meant Government plans U-turn on aircraft carriers as catapult costs spiral | Politics | The Guardian and on another note goodbye to the falklands
Old 19-03-2012, 08:22   #1217
Resting in Peace

Quote:
this is what i meant Government plans U-turn on aircraft carriers as catapult costs spiral | Politics | The Guardian and on another note goodbye to the falklands
Or you hadn't seen the pictures in the Guardian at the time
Old 19-03-2012, 20:39   #1218
God Member

Announced today the new rates fo the minimum wage;
•The adult rate will increase by 11p to £6.19 an hour
•The rate for 18-20 year olds will remain at £4.98 an hour
•The rate for 16-17 year olds will remain at £3.68 an hour

I reckon that works out at an increase of around £4 a week for an adult on minimum wage and increase of nowt for those under the age of 21..but then of course eveything is cheaper for the those under 21, and most of them are looting and causing riots in their spare time
In a week when Osbourne is about to make massive tax cuts for those earning over 150,000+ per year therefore gaining at least an extra £250 per week.. is this an example of the Tories "we are all in this together" attitude?

Last edited by Mancie; 19-03-2012 at 20:43.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 08:31   #1219
God Member

the tories are really the enemy from within
Old 20-03-2012, 09:19   #1220
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
the tories are really the enemy from within
No they aren't, they are a legitamate political party just as labour, lib dems etc.
You may not agree with their policies I may not agree with their policies, but there are plenty that do.

Both you and to a certain extent, Jay are far too simpistic when it comes to party loyalty, I do wish you would both consider the bigger picture before rolling out your crass statements.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 09:33   #1221
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
No they aren't, they are a legitamate political party just as labour, lib dems etc.
You may not agree with their policies I may not agree with their policies, but there are plenty that do.

Both you and to a certain extent, Jay are far too simpistic when it comes to party loyalty, I do wish you would both consider the bigger picture before rolling out your crass statements.
Quite right Less, from now on I'll leave this thread to jockstrap
Old 20-03-2012, 15:01   #1222
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Quite right Less, from now on I'll leave this thread to jockstrap
Yeah right.

In the thirteen years I've been a member of Accyw...

Ooops sorry wrong speech.

In the nearly ten years of being an AccyWebber, (2013 will be here soon folks, what are we getting for Roy as a celebration?).
I've heard such said before, you can't seperate logic from loyalty to that party you resigned from.

Last edited by Less; 20-03-2012 at 15:03.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 15:18   #1223
God Member

The 50p tax rate will raise more than £6.7 billion according to HMRC’s data » Tax Research UK 6.7 billion pound down the drain
Old 21-03-2012, 18:55   #1224
JFT96

Assuming of course, that those who earn that sort of money don't use the services of very clever accountants to avoid tax

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 19:47   #1225
Senior Member+

Quote:
Check your figures, cmon.
Labour raised the top tax rate from 40p to 50p and last year it only raised £330million pounds extra tax.(figures from HMRC) .To avoid the 50p rate rich folks moved £16billion of earnings into the previous year so paid only 40p tax on it-HMRC lost £1billion that it would have received if Labour had left it at 40p!
I'm not trying to justify rich folks getting richer but please get your facts right-your £6.7billion is the total amount the 50p tax was intended to raise!
To make things worse those clever rich folks will now move as much of their 2012/2013 earnings as they can into 2013/2014 and only pay 45p tax on it-so HMRC will loose out again!
It's the rich what gets the gravy and the poor-not a lot.

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 21-03-2012 at 19:53.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 20:13   #1226
God Member

think youve been listening to osbourne too long timescales we have to read the irish times for the truth .his policies are a disaster as i predicted in posts throughout this forum.you have to speculate to accumulate ,they started it too late.they havent got a clue and i predict will hit another recession in 4 years for reasons known to my self
Old 21-03-2012, 20:17   #1227
Senior Member+

Quote:
think youve been listening to osbourne too long timescales we have to read the irish times for the truth .his policies are a disaster as i predicted in posts throughout this forum.you have to speculate to accumulate ,they started it too late.they havent got a clue and i predict will hit another recession in 4 years for reasons known to my self

????? Can someone translate?

You don't get it,do you,cmon? If Labour had left the 40p tax alone by the end of the next tax year HMRC would have had £2billion more of the rich folks money-now they won't!

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 21-03-2012 at 20:20.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 21:20   #1228
God Member

it was temporary measure which done its job.the tories extended the time as another high street shop bites the dust.BBC News - Game Group to file for administration . i hope osbornes next prediction is true BBC News - Budget 2012: George Osborne raises UK growth forecast the only way is up.
Old 22-03-2012, 09:41   #1229
God Member

Quote:
Seems like the Jockstrap has got a tight rein on the Bollocks

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 14:33   #1230

Wehey i'm gonna be up £164 a year on the new budget

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..