Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2012, 15:48   #1231
God Member

Re: The Tories

this is what i was talking about oohh george osborne fiddling figures Osborne's 50p tax rate claims trashed
Old 22-03-2012, 17:14   #1232
God Member

BBC News - Leaked document suggests 'systematic fraud' at A4e i wonder if theres going to be proper enquiry and criminal charges.
Old 22-03-2012, 23:00   #1233
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiasfc View Post
Wehey i'm gonna be up £164 a year on the new budget
Are you a member of the Cabinet. or one of mugger Lord George Osbourne's family?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 09:46   #1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Are you a member of the Cabinet. or one of mugger Lord George Osbourne's family?
Nope the change in income tax has amd national insurance has done me good. On radio 2 they had people phoning in having done the budget calculator and I have to say surprisingly most of them were winners.
Old 24-03-2012, 22:37   #1235
God Member

Seems anyone can have a word in Cameron's or mugger Osbourne's ear as long a you donate 250,000 to Tory party funds...
BBC News - Tory Peter Cruddas sold access to PM, Sunday Times alleges

Quotes:

"If you're unhappy about something, we will listen to you and put it into the policy committee at number 10 - we feed all feedback to the policy committee."
"when we talk about your donations the first thing we want to do is get you at the Cameron/Osborne dinners"

Two years into the most desrtuctive government in British history is it a surprise they are all bent?

Last edited by Mancie; 24-03-2012 at 22:40.
Old 24-03-2012, 22:50   #1236
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Nowt new yon Mancie, nowt changes.
Old 24-03-2012, 23:30   #1237
Give, give, give member

Since they're all pretty much cut from the same cloth nowadays, they should share their donors out a bit more.

Especially now some of those obscene capitalist squillionaires, don't seem too keen on that Milly Band bod.

Donors stop funding Labour party after Ed Miliband elected - Today's News - News - JournalLive

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 23:47   #1238
Give, give, give member

Quote:
...is it a surprise they are all bent?
Do you mean like when Harold Wilson enobled the secretary he was allegedly shagging behind poor Mary, his wife's back, and sent her off to the House of Lords as Barones Falkender, as reward for services rendered?

Old 24-03-2012, 23:56   #1239
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Do you mean like when Harold Wilson enobled the secretary he was allegedly shagging behind poor Mary, his wife's back, and sent her off to the House of Lords as Barones Falkender, as reward for services rendered?
Not really but thanks for bringing it to light..I was thinking more of the lobbying by very rich individuals who it seems can influence government policy if they shove a few hundered thousand into tory party funds....for example a company involved in private health care might just have an interest.
Old 25-03-2012, 05:49   #1240
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Not really but thanks for bringing it to light
You're welcome.

Old 25-03-2012, 05:56   #1241
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Not really but thanks for bringing it to light..I was thinking more of the lobbying by very rich individuals who it seems can influence government policy if they shove a few hundered thousand into tory party funds....for example a company involved in private health care might just have an interest.
Bent, more like this?

Greedy politicans, demanding money from lobbyists acting on behalf of the very wealthy, in order to try and 'influence government policy'?

Labour ex-ministers Hoon, Byers and Caborn reprimanded over fake lobbying scandal | Politics | guardian.co.uk

Old 25-03-2012, 06:12   #1242
Give, give, give member

Or do you mean 'bent', more like this?

Accepting cash, from the super rich, in exchange for honours.

Cash for honours: Labour hid millions from auditors - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

At least in the old days poor Marcia only had to bend over backwards for randy little Harold, in order to get herself a title, and a seat in the House of Lords.

Old 25-03-2012, 09:47   #1243
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Or do you mean 'bent', more like this?

Accepting cash, from the super rich, in exchange for honours.

Cash for honours: Labour hid millions from auditors - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

At least in the old days poor Marcia only had to bend over backwards for randy little Harold, in order to get herself a title, and a seat in the House of Lords.
One would think that its only the Tories who do these things until you look more closely, there was more than enough scandal while Tony, but I can't remember Mancie or his scottish counterpart dashing to put a link on accyweb. Remember how, in opposition, Labour said they would reform the house of Lords, no bigger a critic was Two Jags, now of course LORD Two Jags hypocrite
Old 25-03-2012, 18:38   #1244

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
One would think that its only the Tories who do these things until you look more closely, there was more than enough scandal while Tony, but I can't remember Mancie or his scottish counterpart dashing to put a link on accyweb. Remember how, in opposition, Labour said they would reform the house of Lords, no bigger a critic was Two Jags, now of course LORD Two Jags hypocrite
Prescott only took the Lordship to please his wife and make her a Lady. He had a lot of making up to do.

Having said that. Same old Tories.
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2012, 19:03   #1245
Senior Member+

Funding scandals hit every party. It seems that politicians leave their ethics and scruples at the door when they enter the corridors of government and get giddy with power.

This particular funding scandal is made worse by its timing. The Conservatives had entered the weekend completely immersed in the Google Page Ranking disaster of a budget perceived to be favouring their "friends in the city" at the expense of pensioners. Their diversionary tactic had been to rush out some nonsense announcement on Friday about minimum alcohol pricing, a policy they haven't started to think through, but which would be guaranteed to swamp the weekend headlines.

Instead, they get their party treasurer sounding like Delboy.

Complete Google Page Ranking disaster!
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..