Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2012, 21:52   #1336

Re: The Tories

Just about sume it up.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2012, 22:04   #1337
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
it only looked like it was down ha ha what kind of statement is that
Why? Is it too difficult for you to understand?
I thought I had been pretty clear in my post.........the way the figures were collected and collated made it seem like crime was down....some crimes were not even counted.....and we all know that you can prove pretty much what you want if you look at statistics.......if you ask the wrong questions...they you don't(surely) expect to get reliable answers.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 22:18   #1338

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Tories are doing just fine for me.

(i) Kids are grown up.(no worries about child benefit)
(ii) I'm in good health. (no worries about the NHS)
(ii) I have a job. (no worries about being forced to do pretend work for my benefits)
(iv) I ain't a pensioner. (no worries about tax benefits being frozen)
(v) I don't have a disabled dependant. (no worries about funding being frozen and cut)
(vi) Personal tax bill has gone down ( because of (ii), (iv) and (v) )
(vii) I smoke (but get cheap tobacco that will continue to roll in because funding for Customs and Exicise is frozen)
(viii) I drink (but I know the multi-millionaire supermarket chairmen will sort out pricing over dinner at No. 10)
(ix) I can train people of any age to work for me for free under the apprenticeship scheme and pay them apprentice wages
(x) I'm not old and infirm (no worries about being sat in my own faeces waiting for underfunded care staff missing my 30 minute, toileting, medicating, bathing, cooking, feeding and house cleaning slot)

Unfortunately I had to queue up to fill my Ronson lighter today...but hey I guess we are all in it together so I'll just grin and bear it
Old 30-03-2012, 23:06   #1339
God Member

so if they collated and collected a different way whats to say crime wasnt down lol and another myth gone Home Office Immigration and asylum statistics released | Immigration Matters
Old 31-03-2012, 08:20   #1340
Resting in Peace

Quote:
a worldwide recession now a uk recessions recovery is being hindered due to some clown called osborne .even the tory press are calling them halfwits Even I’m starting to wonder: what do this lot know about anything? - Telegraph
Well your an expert on halfwits seeing you've been one all your life
Old 31-03-2012, 10:08   #1341
God Member

even the tories dont like cameron and co If Ministers wish to confront the unions, tanker drivers are not the right way to do it The Tory Diary
Old 31-03-2012, 11:12   #1342
God Member

On This Day in 1984 the tories closed Chatham Dockyard , ending 437 years of Royal Navy presence in Chatham.and you say the tories arent the enemy within
Old 31-03-2012, 13:00   #1343
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
On This Day in 1984 the tories closed Chatham Dockyard , ending 437 years of Royal Navy presence in Chatham.and you say the tories arent the enemy within
On this day in 1867 you hadn't been born, just like the above statement, this means nothing.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 13:49   #1344
Resting in Peace

He's a nowhere man with nowhere to go
Old 31-03-2012, 18:38   #1345
God Member

tories the enemy from within the party who destroy familes and peoples lives so they can make the 1% richer.tories who are trying to destroy the fabric and infrastructure of british life
Old 31-03-2012, 19:04   #1346
God Member

then theres this plonker lol BBC News - Peter Cruddas secretly taped making Tory Union claims
Old 31-03-2012, 23:44   #1347
God Member

yes the head of the bbc is a tory lord.the bbc is managed by 2 boards the bbc trust and executive board.on the executive board there is a dr mike lynch who is also on the board of isabel healthcare ltd The same Dr Mike Lynch is also a director of Autonomy PLC, a computing company whose customers include Isabel Healthcare (!), Blue Cross Blue Shield (a health insurance firm), AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, and several other pharmaceutical companies. so this is why your news is being suppressed about the health bill on the bbc also The other person is the Chairman of the BBC Trust, Lord Patten. While he's not at the BBC, you can find him working as a non-executive director for Russell Reynolds Associates, a consulting firm that offers services in healthcare (amongst other things). The company's website includes a very sinister passage about the move towards private healthcare, and how business leaders must attempt to change the cultural reaction to privatisation: so her we have it the tory scum plans are out tories the enemy from within
Old 31-03-2012, 23:48   #1348
God Member

and heres some more proof The same Lord Patten is a European Advisory Board member for a company called Bridgepoint. Social Investigations have already investigated this company here. The gist is that the company has over £1.1 billion invested in private healthcare.

The same Lord Patten is European Adviser to Hutchison Whampoa Ltd, whose subsidiary, Hutchison China Meditech, is a fast-growing Chinese healthcare company. In a grim anticipation of the NHS bill's success, an article from the Daily Mail in 2011 advised investors: “Overall, Chi-Med is loss-making, reflecting heavy investment, but it should move into profit next year and the long-term outlook is very healthy.”

So we have two very senior BBC board members, both of whom have huge links with private healthcare. Could this be the reason for the under-reporting? It seems likely, but instinct tells me there might be even more to the story than this. cmon tories tell me im wrong now we know why this bill was forced through.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:06   #1349
Give, give, give member

Quote:
yes the head of the bbc is a tory lord.the bbc is managed by 2 boards the bbc trust and executive board.on the executive board there is a dr mike lynch who is also on the board of isabel healthcare ltd The same Dr Mike Lynch is also a director of Autonomy PLC, a computing company whose customers include Isabel Healthcare (!), Blue Cross Blue Shield (a health insurance firm), AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline, and several other pharmaceutical companies. so this is why your news is being suppressed about the health bill on the bbc also The other person is the Chairman of the BBC Trust, Lord Patten. While he's not at the BBC, you can find him working as a non-executive director for Russell Reynolds Associates, a consulting firm that offers services in healthcare (amongst other things). The company's website includes a very sinister passage about the move towards private healthcare, and how business leaders must attempt to change the cultural reaction to privatisation: so her we have it the tory scum plans are out tories the enemy from within
Yada, yada, yada.

Why don't you start a poll, seeing if anyone bothers to read all the guff you post?

With a secondary question, asking if they are influenced by it.

I'd hazard a guess very few, if anyone, reads it, and if they are influenced, it's likely to be negatively.

Don't give up the day job.

When it comes to preaching, you're just not very good at it.

The church is deserted.

A little like support for Labour, around here.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:58   #1350
Beacon of light

Quote:
and heres some more proof The same Lord Patten is a European Advisory Board member for a company called Bridgepoint. Social Investigations have already investigated this company here. The gist is that the company has over £1.1 billion invested in private healthcare.

The same Lord Patten is European Adviser to Hutchison Whampoa Ltd, whose subsidiary, Hutchison China Meditech, is a fast-growing Chinese healthcare company. In a grim anticipation of the NHS bill's success, an article from the Daily Mail in 2011 advised investors: “Overall, Chi-Med is loss-making, reflecting heavy investment, but it should move into profit next year and the long-term outlook is very healthy.”

So we have two very senior BBC board members, both of whom have huge links with private healthcare. Could this be the reason for the under-reporting? It seems likely, but instinct tells me there might be even more to the story than this. cmon tories tell me im wrong now we know why this bill was forced through.

Nice bit of cut and paste as usual....but no attribution.
How can I tell....all but the last sentence has capital letters where they are supposed to be and punctuation.

I'm sure if you looked hard enough you could find similar stories about the last Labour government......and the current shadow cabinet doesn't shine much as opposition.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..