Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree679Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2013, 17:05   #2836
Resting in Peace

Re: The Tories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Of course, it's the same one you've ignored all the time.

Do not blame the innocent and vulnerable claimants along with the guilty scroungers just because this is the easiest method to make it look like you are doing something.
Using propaganda to blame all the Countries hardships on this group of people isn't fair nor is it useful.
There are investigators to find the thieves without punishing the legitimate Citizens.
These investigations are always ongoing year in year out, the fact that over 8,000 people decided to throw the towel in and stop claiming when it was announced speaks volumes to just how many cheats are out there.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-04-2013, 17:12   #2837
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Are the british a race - or a nation?
It seems to me that we bend over backwards to accommodate the needs and wishes of other nations, but are reticent about looking out for our own people.

Whoever comes to these shores(it seems) gets looked after. Try going to any other country and expecting the same treatment. I think you would be left to fend for yourself...and many countries would just tell you to 'something off'.......you just wouldn't get past immigration control.
You deserve some green for that Margaret, but it won't let me, I have yet to understand why we need to send aid to India when they have their own space program, or most countries in that neck of the woods, most of um are here in Britain already, I've always said that to claim benefits people should first put into the pot for at least 5 years before they get anything at all, the same with health care too, you go to most countries without insurance and they ask for you credit card, why not here.
Old 03-04-2013, 17:17   #2838
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
They live, and send money back home......draw(generous) benefits for children in Poland....and this benefits not our economy, but theirs.
Not sure whether I've mentioned this before but this was going on in the sixties Margaret, I worked with a German Brickie when I was an happyrentice he had two kinds in Germany who he claimed for, but they never got the money, we were a soft touch even in those days
Old 03-04-2013, 17:19   #2839
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
the eu usa trade treaty to be signed in 2 months will mean you can buy healthcare from the us of a read into that.bye bye nhs.
Labour have been flogging that dead horse for over 30 years now give it a rest.
Old 03-04-2013, 17:22   #2840
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Certainly with you on this one Cashy - like you I have lived abroad and I have also worked in foreign climes for over 20 years - you either learn the language or pay for an interpreter - no multi-languge forms, and you don't get any of the social services/benefits that immigrants qualify for when they come here.
Spot on Barrie, Joan's son lives in Spain these bought two house in the last 10 years, he had to pay for people to interpret for him, he now speaks very fluent Spanish, in fact living where he does its the only language he speaks now, unless somebody from home comes over
Old 03-04-2013, 17:23   #2841
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
These investigations are always ongoing year in year out, the fact that over 8,000 people decided to throw the towel in and stop claiming when it was announced speaks volumes to just how many cheats are out there.
I would think any real cheats, are still getting away with it, that figure of 8,000 that you bandy about could be because of 8,000 different reasons and not because they were cheats. I can't prove it one way or the other and neither can you, but I won't agree that a system that picks on the genuinely needy at the same time as supposedly targeting the cheats is the right way to go.

Nor do I think someone that has needed to be kept on benefits can be so selfish as to say that it's wrong to provide the same security they got to others that may be equally or even more needy.

What is it they say about evil triumphing when good men do nothing?

Well, there are a great many 'good' men willing to sacrifice others that deserve the same as they got.

Not to worry though, once a society stops looking after it's weak and hinting that they are the cause of the not so weak, having problems, it's not long before the powers extend the definitions of those they consider weak and useless.

Perhaps coming to a situation like yours at just the stroke of a pen?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 17:46   #2842
God Member

now its official Right-wingers are less intelligent than left wingers, says controversial study - and conservative politics can lead people to be racist | Mail Online a bit of truth in there.
Old 03-04-2013, 17:48   #2843
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I would think any real cheats, are still getting away with it, that figure of 8,000 that you bandy about could be because of 8,000 different reasons and not because they were cheats. I can't prove it one way or the other and neither can you, but I won't agree that a system that picks on the genuinely needy at the same time as supposedly targeting the cheats is the right way to go.

Nor do I think someone that has needed to be kept on benefits can be so selfish as to say that it's wrong to provide the same security they got to others that may be equally or even more needy.

What is it they say about evil triumphing when good men do nothing?

Well, there are a great many 'good' men willing to sacrifice others that deserve the same as they got.

Not to worry though, once a society stops looking after it's weak and hinting that they are the cause of the not so weak, having problems, it's not long before the powers extend the definitions of those they consider weak and useless.

Perhaps coming to a situation like yours at just the stroke of a pen?
I ask again how would you suggest we stop this benefit fraud, you only say what shouldn't be done, exactly what's been going on for years and allowed to escalate out of all proportions.
Old 03-04-2013, 17:50   #2844
Resting in Peace

The Daily Mail you've got a cheek
Old 03-04-2013, 18:06   #2845
God Member

Quote:
The Daily Mail you've got a cheek
ha ha
Old 03-04-2013, 18:09   #2846
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Blah de, blah de, blah, and the last sentence of the report ?

'Clearly, however, all socially conservative people are not prejudiced, and all prejudiced persons are not conservative.'

Now go away & find something else to cut & paste.

Old 03-04-2013, 18:15   #2847
Senior Member+

If left wingers were more intelligent surely they'd have become right wingers?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 18:19   #2848

Quote:
I ask again how would you suggest we stop this benefit fraud, you only say what shouldn't be done, exactly what's been going on for years and allowed to escalate out of all proportions.
I ask how someone that's been on benefits for twenty years can deny that same care to anyone in a similar position, yet you still do.

There are investigators that investigate there should be no need to target all on benefit as if it's them that caused your problems, these folk are like you, powerless others made the decisions of how the system was set up.
If the system needs changing then it should be done humanely not by blaming all that are on benefits.
pallyman likes this.
Old 03-04-2013, 18:34   #2849
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I ask how someone that's been on benefits for twenty years can deny that same care to anyone in a similar position, yet you still do.

There are investigators that investigate there should be no need to target all on benefit as if it's them that caused your problems, these folk are like you, powerless others made the decisions of how the system was set up.
If the system needs changing then it should be done humanely not by blaming all that are on benefits.
I give up forget it you obvious think the status quo is fine carry on I won't be around long enough to bother about it
Old 03-04-2013, 18:41   #2850

Quote:
I give up forget it you obvious think the status quo is fine carry on I won't be around long enough to bother about it
You won't give up, you will wait a few days then start all over again, yet you will still be blaming the wrong people.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..