Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 00:48   #16
God Member

Re: US Presidential Election

i think Elmo could do a better job than obama and probably has more ligitimacey to be a president than Obama despite Elmo been made of felt

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-04-2012, 08:45   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i think Elmo could do a better job than obama and probably has more ligitimacey to be a president than Obama despite Elmo been made of felt
Ya but that felt was probably made in a sweat shop in Thailand
Old 11-04-2012, 18:10   #18
God Member

Trouble is that in the land of the free to invade any goddam country we want, there is a party of the far-right. At election time, it faces off with a party of the ultra-right. All the reasonably sane folks in the US seem to live in the North East ... they usually vote "Democrat" ... even when the candidate is a Southern Democrat. Southern Democrats tend to stand to the right of Northern Republicans Seems to help if you are "born again" ... whatever that means.

Obama could have done better. A Republican dominated congress didn't help. But he inherited two unwinnable (damn, hate that word) wars ... an economy down the tubes ... a national image problem ... He bailed out the Big Three auto makers. That has proven to be a good move. Made progress towards making sure all Americans have health care. Job creation figures are good. The future of the economy is looking not too shabby ... the US has numbers that most European countries can only dream about. Foreign policy ... not so good ... but Clinton (what a sweet little ball-breaker) is right on.

And it was good to see a black dude in the White house ... it's well within living memory that (probably Republican) good ol' boys was lynching niggas south of the Mason-Dixon line. We've come a long way since Rosa Parks.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 18:24   #19
Give, give, give member

Perhaps they might do a Clinton.

Let Michelle have a go.

Better than Palin, and her ilk.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 18:27   #20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Obama could have done better. A Republican dominated congress didn't help. But he inherited two unwinnable (damn, hate that word) wars ... an economy down the tubes ... a national image problem ... He bailed out the Big Three auto makers. That has proven to be a good move. Made progress towards making sure all Americans have health care. Job creation figures are good. The future of the economy is looking not too shabby ... the US has numbers that most European countries can only dream about. Foreign policy ... not so good ... but Clinton (what a sweet little ball-breaker) is right on.

And it was good to see a black dude in the White house ... it's well within living memory that (probably Republican) good ol' boys was lynching niggas south of the Mason-Dixon line. We've come a long way since Rosa Parks.
Personally, I reckon that's a pretty fair assessment, Eric. I'd give Obama credit for at least attempting to create a system of universal health care if nowt else.
Old 11-04-2012, 18:32   #21
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Trouble is that in the land of the free to invade any goddam country we want, there is a party of the far-right. At election time, it faces off with a party of the ultra-right. All the reasonably sane folks in the US seem to live in the North East ... they usually vote "Democrat" ... even when the candidate is a Southern Democrat. Southern Democrats tend to stand to the right of Northern Republicans Seems to help if you are "born again" ... whatever that means.

It is remarkable, Obama being black. Considering there was apartheid in this country, within living memory.

Thankfully all the scaremongering, about him being assassinated before his inauguration, because of his colour, came to nothing.

The U.S. have had many, many worse Presidents in their history.

Old 11-04-2012, 18:40   #22
Give, give, give member

Obama, as America's first black President, has improved race relations. In the States, and I'd say, worldwide.

You can't say our first female Prime Minister, furthered the cause of gender inequality.

Maggie not only pulled the ladder up behind her. She privatised it, and then sold it off.

Old 11-04-2012, 18:44   #23
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Let Michelle have a go.

Better than Palin, and her ilk.
Total babe IMHO!
Old 11-04-2012, 18:44   #24

Quote:
Obama, as America's first black President, has improved race relations. In the States, and I'd say, worldwide.
Are you serious ??
The 1689 Bill of Rights, which remains the law of the United Kingdom to this day and which incorporates the following oath: ‘I do declare that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state or potentate hath or ought to have any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence or authority within this realm’
Wrighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 18:46   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Total babe IMHO!
Ber-limey it gets worse
The 1689 Bill of Rights, which remains the law of the United Kingdom to this day and which incorporates the following oath: ‘I do declare that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state or potentate hath or ought to have any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence or authority within this realm’
Old 11-04-2012, 18:49   #26
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Total babe IMHO!
Agreed.

She is.

Knocks Denis Thatcher into a cocked hat.

Old 11-04-2012, 18:51   #27
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
Are you serious ??
Yes.

Or I wouldn't have bothered saying it.

Old 11-04-2012, 18:52   #28
Super Moderator

Quote:
Agreed.

She is.

Knocks Denis Thatcher into a cocked hat.

I was thinking more of her aesthetic qualities in comparison to Sarah Palin.
Old 11-04-2012, 18:56   #29

Quote:
Yes.

Or I wouldn't have bothered saying it.
You call bombing other countries in the name of democracy & humanitarian aid improving race relations worldwide , Lol garinda seriously.
Old 11-04-2012, 18:57   #30
Give, give, give member

Post Re: US Presidential Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
Are you serious ??
For one thing, Mrs. Obama's inspired a whole generation of young black women, that empowerment can be achieved through education.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..