Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 23:26   #91
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: US Presidential Election

Or those that don't want to see.
Old 11-04-2012, 23:29   #92
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
like I said i am happy with the way things are .. Isn't being happy what its all about ?
True, imbeciles can take comfort, from their unfortunate condition.

A security blanket of mindlessness.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 23:34   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
The Obamas have shown, to a whole generation of disenfranchised young people, that the colour of skin you happened to be born with, isn't necessarily a barrier to your ambition, and achieving what may once have been seen as an unobtainable goal.

From Soweto to St. Louis, some kids now have the belief that they can do something positive with their life, if they so wish.

There's one less hurdle to stop them.

Thanks to the U.S. of A. democratically electing a man to be President, who happens to be black.

A small, but significant step forward.

As witnessed by all, but the most blind.
I am not saying he hasn't shown a whole generation how to achieve what ever gaols they set .. i disagree with ya on where you said he has improved race relations .

America is about as democratic as this country & you will find that most western countries are the same .. as we have seen with the EU

Lets hope that it does provide a step in the right direction cause they need it.
The 1689 Bill of Rights, which remains the law of the United Kingdom to this day and which incorporates the following oath: ‘I do declare that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state or potentate hath or ought to have any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence or authority within this realm’
Wrighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 23:36   #94

Quote:
True, imbeciles can take comfort, from their unfortunate condition.

A security blanket of mindlessness.
Am glad you`re happy garinda!
The 1689 Bill of Rights, which remains the law of the United Kingdom to this day and which incorporates the following oath: ‘I do declare that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state or potentate hath or ought to have any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence or authority within this realm’
Old 11-04-2012, 23:50   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I haven't twisted what you're saying. Read it again, carefully. If you have no problem with no one, you have a problem with someone. And what does the last statement mean?
Simple algebra, ain't it. Two negatives etc. .... that's about all I got from Gobbin (I think that would be E. J. Owen)
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 23:54   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Simple algebra, ain't it. Two negatives etc. .... that's about all I got from Gobbin (I think that would be E. J. Owen)
Come to think of it ... I got nowt from Gobbin
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 00:00   #97
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I am not saying he hasn't shown a whole generation how to achieve what ever gaols they set .. i disagree with ya on where you said he has improved race relations .
You can't agree the President's election has inspired a whole generation of black youth, who now believe that there's no racial barrier to their ambitions, and yet disagree that this small step forward isn't a positive move, in regards to race relations.

Well I suppose you can, if you really are a bit dim.

In which case wasting time, constantly explaining the same, simple point, endlessly, becomes rather pointless.

To put it simply.

It's a small, but good thing.

Like when they stopped people paying a shiiling, to go in and stare at people like you, locked away in Bedlam.

Old 12-04-2012, 00:06   #98
Give, give, give member

Does term time at the special schools start next week too, along with the others?

(Fingers crossed.)

Old 12-04-2012, 00:17   #99
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post

But he wasn't a Gobbin.

Born in Wales.

Didn't even live above the lamp.

You AGS lads.

So sloppy.

Our masters were given much more accurate...and cruel nicknames.

I thought he was called Winky? Was he Gobbin as well?

Old 12-04-2012, 07:38   #100

Quote:
You can't agree the President's election has inspired a whole generation of black youth, who now believe that there's no racial barrier to their ambitions, and yet disagree that this small step forward isn't a positive move, in regards to race relations.

Well I suppose you can, if you really are a bit dim.

In which case wasting time, constantly explaining the same, simple point, endlessly, becomes rather pointless.

To put it simply.

It's a small, but good thing.

Like when they stopped people paying a shiiling, to go in and stare at people like you, locked away in Bedlam.
Show us some evidence then to back up your claims that " he has improved " race relations in the states and around the world .. you have linked 1 article which proves nothing

Dont take all day eh! .. I want to see evidence of your claims
Old 12-04-2012, 07:44   #101
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Well if that aint a step in the right direction n yeh can't grasp it, I can only conclude Garinda is correct in his assessment of yeh.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:53   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well if that aint a step in the right direction n yeh can't grasp it, I can only conclude Garinda is correct in his assessment of yeh.
A step in the right direction & claiming race relation worldwide have improved are not the same! .. I am seeing the American flag being burnt on a daily bases throughout the middle east , do you call that improvement ?

NDAA .. Patriot Act , Top President is that Mr Obama
Old 12-04-2012, 08:04   #103
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Show us some evidence then to back up your claims that " he has improved " race relations in the states and around the world .. you have linked 1 article which proves nothing

Dont take all day eh! .. I want to see evidence of your claims
Waste of time.

When you've shown absolutely no comprehension, about what you've supposedly read.

Go and play with the others, in the chavvy threads.

They're more on your level in there.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:09   #104

Quote:
Waste of time.

When you've shown absolutely no comprehension, about what you've supposedly read.

Go and play with the others, in the chavvy threads.

They're more on your level in there.
Yet again no evidence to back up your claims " race relations has improved " .. same old .. same old garinda
Old 12-04-2012, 08:16   #105
Resting in Peace

God I would hate to think Wrighty was a regular in my local, he'd send a glass eye to sleep

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..