Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 22:33   #61
Give, give, give member

Re: US Presidential Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
Tell me a country where the Obama`s have helped race relations ?
Britain.

In being a role model to youngsters. Showing that you can, through hard work, and education, achieve what at one time seemed unobtainable.

The dream's not dead.

There is now no glass ceiling stopping your ambition, based on your ethnicity alone.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-04-2012, 22:33   #62
Super Moderator

Quote:
Call it what you like .. But the fact is they are not solving no race relations , just like they are not here.
I'm not calling it what I like, I'm calling it what you keep calling it. And I happen to agree with Garinda that they have made some steps towards solving race relations, but you seem to have a problem with other people expressing differing opinions?
Old 11-04-2012, 22:40   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Britain.

In being a role model to youngsters. Showing that you can, through hard work, and education, achieve what at one time seemed unobtainable.

The dream's not dead.

There is now no glass ceiling stopping your ambition, based on your ethnicity alone.
Now tell me what you really think of this country .. taking into consideration :-

Economy

How the government treat everyone

Not getting a referendum

Un controlled immigration

The state of the nation regarding anti social behaviour

Are you telling me there is nothing wrong.

If am honest I wish I could agree with ya that its got better but I see it differently
The 1689 Bill of Rights, which remains the law of the United Kingdom to this day and which incorporates the following oath: ‘I do declare that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state or potentate hath or ought to have any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence or authority within this realm’
Wrighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 22:41   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I'm not calling it what I like, I'm calling it what you keep calling it. And I happen to agree with Garinda that they have made some steps towards solving race relations, but you seem to have a problem with other people expressing differing opinions?
I have no problem with no-one .. you must be reading my posts wrong
The 1689 Bill of Rights, which remains the law of the United Kingdom to this day and which incorporates the following oath: ‘I do declare that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state or potentate hath or ought to have any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence or authority within this realm’
Old 11-04-2012, 22:43   #65
Super Moderator

Quote:
I have no problem with no-one .. you must be reading my posts wrong
Well, it's quite easy with gobbledegook like that, Wrighty. "I have no problem with no one"? So, that means you have a problem with someone...I wonder who?
Old 11-04-2012, 22:44   #66
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
The only relative that means anything to him is his mother/sister, he'd fit in well in the southern states.
That's why they have so much jelly.

A tasty snack with bread, and a handy lubricant for all the family.

What happened to that unhinged member, who was someone's long-lost Daddy?

The one who lived in a swamp-infested trailer park, with only alligators for friends.

Wasn't he called something Wright?

Old 11-04-2012, 22:45   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Now tell me what you really think of this country .. taking into consideration :-

Economy

How the government treat everyone

Not getting a referendum

Un controlled immigration

The state of the nation regarding anti social behaviour

Are you telling me there is nothing wrong.

If am honest I wish I could agree with ya that its got better but I see it differently
Which is sod all to do wi the thread? But shes encouraging not opposing, so thats going in right direction?
Old 11-04-2012, 22:46   #68

Quote:
Well, it's quite easy with gobbledegook like that, Wrighty. "I have no problem with no one"? So, that means you have a problem with someone...I wonder who?

Dont twist what I am saying!! .. another words I get on with everyone ...

Ber-limy ....
Old 11-04-2012, 22:48   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Which is sod all to do wi the thread? But shes encouraging not opposing, so thats going in right direction?
It has every ting to do with it .. because with all them problems racial tensions will be high what ever country it is , its only inevitable don't ya think ?
Old 11-04-2012, 22:48   #70

Quote:
Hey, Wyn, I thought I was the grammar police! I suppose you want to join the click. :-)
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 22:50   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
It has every ting to do with it .. because with all them problems racial tensions will be high what ever country it is , its only inevitable don't ya think ?
High or Not trying to help em aint the wrong thing to do, or do yeh think it is?
Old 11-04-2012, 22:51   #72
Super Moderator

Quote:
Dont twist what I am saying!! .. another words I get on with everyone ...

Ber-limy ....
I haven't twisted what you're saying. Read it again, carefully. If you have no problem with no one, you have a problem with someone. And what does the last statement mean?
Old 11-04-2012, 22:52   #73
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Call it what you like .. But the fact is they are not solving no race relations , just like they are not here.
No one here has said any problem has been solved.

This is where you're making yourself look more than a little stupid.

Please feel free to quote someone posting that race relation problems have been 'solved'.

To prove you're not as stupid as you're appearing, to everyone who is able to understand simple language.

Old 11-04-2012, 22:52   #74

Quote:
I haven't twisted what you're saying. Read it again, carefully. If you have no problem with no one, you have a problem with someone. And what does the last statement mean?
baffled
Old 11-04-2012, 22:53   #75
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Hey, Wyn, I thought I was the grammar police! I suppose you want to join the click. :-)
I think Wrighty wants to join the click. That's why he's getting a bit excited.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..