Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 18:59   #31
Give, give, give member

Re: US Presidential Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
You call bombing other countries in the name of democracy & humanitarian aid improving race relations worldwide , Lol garinda seriously.

More so, as a black man, whose father was an African Muslim. Comparing him to past Presidents, he has fared much better.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-04-2012, 19:03   #32
Give, give, give member

Quote:
You call bombing other countries in the name of democracy & humanitarian aid improving race relations worldwide , Lol garinda seriously.
Perhaps it's harder for others to understand there's been some advancement, if they can only see things simplistically.

Old 11-04-2012, 19:08   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
More so, as a black man, whose father was an African Muslim. Comparing him to past Presidents, he has fared much better.
He has put the yanks in a hell of a lot more debt that any other President , 16 Trillion it is atm ... how you can think that is good I will never know.

I agree about most past Presidents where corrupt apart from Kennedy .. & look what happened to him for trying to do good.

Oboma has hosted the MuslimBrotherhood at the white house on numerous occasions in the past .. is that a good thing ?
The 1689 Bill of Rights, which remains the law of the United Kingdom to this day and which incorporates the following oath: ‘I do declare that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state or potentate hath or ought to have any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence or authority within this realm’
Wrighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 19:15   #34
Give, give, give member

Quote:
He has put the yanks in a hell of a lot more debt that any other President , 16 Trillion it is atm ... how you can think that is good I will never know.

I agree about most past Presidents where corrupt apart from Kennedy .. & look what happened to him for trying to do good.

Oboma has hosted the MuslimBrotherhood at the white house on numerous occasions in the past .. is that a good thing ?
Take your time.

Try putting a finger under each word, as you come to it.

Read what was actually said.

Having an American President, who happens to be the first black President in history, has improved race relations.

The Obamas are now seen, by a whole load of disadvantaged young people, as more inspirational role models, than the local crack dealer, say.

Old 11-04-2012, 19:23   #35

Quote:
Take your time.

Try putting a finger under each word, as you come to it.

Read what was actually said.

Having an American President, who happens to be the first black President in history, has improved race relations.

The Obamas are now seen, by a whole load of disadvantaged young people, as more inspirational role models, than the local crack dealer, say.
How do you improve race relations by bombing other countries ? or having an open border policy with Mexico which atm has had over 40k deaths in what .. 3-4 years through drug wars ?

I fail to see exactly where you are coming from with the " Has improved race relations " , with what is going on in America & further afield.
The 1689 Bill of Rights, which remains the law of the United Kingdom to this day and which incorporates the following oath: ‘I do declare that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state or potentate hath or ought to have any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence or authority within this realm’
Old 11-04-2012, 19:40   #36
Give, give, give member

History will judge the success, or not, of Obama's Presidential office, based on his political policy, and decisions.

However, his racial heritage cannot be ignored.

Within fifty years, for a country to go from one practicing offically sanctioned racial segregation, where any uppity, equality demanding nigga might very well be lynched for their troubles, to democratically elect a man, who happens to be black, as it's President, is really quite remarkable.

To a whole swathe of people, who find themselves classed as the underdog, it's proved, just occasionally, that the impossible's possible.

Last edited by garinda; 11-04-2012 at 19:43.
Old 11-04-2012, 19:40   #37
God Member

i agree with garinda .the right wing nutters would rather you die than have health care.The obamas are bringing barriers down ,obamma is creating jobs instead of the the pillocks in this country creating unemployment.they still have a long way to go but are moving.
Old 11-04-2012, 19:45   #38
Give, give, give member

Quote:
How do you improve race relations by bombing other countries ? or having an open border policy with Mexico which atm has had over 40k deaths in what .. 3-4 years through drug wars ?

I fail to see exactly where you are coming from with the " Has improved race relations " , with what is going on in America & further afield.
Read again, what was actually said.

Relatively, he has.

Old 11-04-2012, 19:53   #39
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Perhaps they might do a Clinton.

Let Michelle have a go.

Better than Palin, and her ilk.
So many sniggers in that little conjunction of sentences ...... eeh, a near widdled mesel' !
Old 11-04-2012, 20:01   #40

Quote:
History will judge the success, or not, of Obama's Presidential office, based on his political policy, and decisions.

However, his racial heritage cannot be ignored.

Within fifty years, for a country to go from one practicing offically sanctioned racial segregation, where any uppity, equality demanding nigga might very well be lynched for their troubles, to democratically elect a man, who happens to be black, as it's President, is really quite remarkable.

To a whole swathe of people, who find themselves classed as the underdog, it's proved, just occasionally, that the impossible's possible.
I know about Americas past & where they are now in terms of race relations & he hasn't improved nothing .. It was only other day that a guy called Zimmerman shot a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
i agree with garinda .the right wing nutters would rather you die than have health care.The obamas are bringing barriers down ,obamma is creating jobs instead of the the pillocks in this country creating unemployment.they still have a long way to go but are moving.
You think Liebour is best thing since slice bread , so you obviously know what you are talking about

Quote:
Read again, what was actually said.

Relatively, he has.
He will be elected again anyway according to Hillary Clinton
Old 11-04-2012, 20:04   #41
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
No cut 'n' paste, reasonably comprehensible...and I agree with most of it! Gordon Bennett, C'mon, are you ill?
Old 11-04-2012, 21:03   #42
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
So many sniggers in that little conjunction of sentences ...... eeh, a near widdled mesel' !
Close.

But no cigar.

You silly moose.

Old 11-04-2012, 21:11   #43
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I know about Americas past & where they are now in terms of race relations
I disagree. I don't think you do know.

Otherwise you'd clearly be able to see the historical significance of Barack Obama's Presidency, and the way it's helped define the ambitions of America's black population. Especially it's youth.

Old 11-04-2012, 21:19   #44
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Perhaps you're just not very qualified, when it comes to judging improvements, however small, in racial sensitivities.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...for-60419.html

Old 11-04-2012, 21:19   #45

Quote:
I disagree. I don't think you do know.

Otherwise you'd clearly be able to see the historical significance of Barack Obama's Presidency, and the way it's helped define the ambitions of America's black population. Especially it's youth.
you have your opinion & I have mine on Obama & we are way off .

America is not just about black people you know or hadn't you noticed ?

Obama should be there for all Americans not just one set of people ....

Passing the NDAA bill was another thing he has done .. Great President this man!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..