Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 21:22   #46

Re: US Presidential Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Perhaps you're just not very qualified, when it comes to judging improvements, however small, in racial sensitivities.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...for-60419.html

What has that got to do with anything ? ... If I see a problem I will express my views on it , that is my right .... Do you see that as a problem with that?
The 1689 Bill of Rights, which remains the law of the United Kingdom to this day and which incorporates the following oath: ‘I do declare that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state or potentate hath or ought to have any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence or authority within this realm’
Wrighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-04-2012, 21:28   #47
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
I will express my views on it , that is my right
Yes, that is your right.

It's also my right to disagree, and point out why you're wrong.

Works both ways.

'Rights'.

They have to be equal, otherwise they're worthless.

A little like your argument.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 21:35   #48

Quote:
Yes, that is your right.

It's also my right to disagree, and point out why you're wrong.

Works both ways.

'Rights'.

They have to be equal, otherwise they're worthless.

A little like your argument.
Show me evidence from around the world that Obama has improved race relations please

It seems its you have a problem because I disagree with your opinion .. just like you disagree with anyone with a difference of opinion to yours.

Cant wait till you point where I am wrong
The 1689 Bill of Rights, which remains the law of the United Kingdom to this day and which incorporates the following oath: ‘I do declare that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state or potentate hath or ought to have any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence or authority within this realm’
Old 11-04-2012, 21:54   #49
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Show me evidence from around the world that Obama has improved race relations please

It seems its you have a problem because I disagree with your opinion .. just like you disagree with anyone with a difference of opinion to yours.

Cant wait till you point where I am wrong

Michelle Obama's special relationship with one London school | World news | The Observer

Read.

Again putting your finger under each word, as you come to it.

Don't just look at the pictures.

Old 11-04-2012, 22:01   #50

Quote:
Michelle Obama's special relationship with one London school | World news | The Observer

Read.

Again putting your finger under each word, as you come to it.

Don't just look at the pictures.
She made a speech & now she is the saviour of race relations ? hahaha , haven't you noticed on the news in the rise of racist crimes ? .. don't know how could miss it its been on a loop for the last 4 months ish ... some good that speech made
Old 11-04-2012, 22:07   #51
God Member

Quote:
More so, as a black man, whose father was an African Muslim. Comparing him to past Presidents, he has fared much better.
Good point ... I hope that agreeing with you doesn't put me in the dreaded click ... and it is worth noting that the expectations of the first black President were set so high that no man or woman could live up to them. There were blacks in positions of power before Obama. Con Rice comes to mind: a black woman for chrissake as Secretary of State! A woman with two doctoral degrees. But blacks in America know that the white America is just waiting for them to screw up. To say that they are tiptoeing on eggs doesn't even come close to the reality. Obama is one smart cookie ... he knows that he represents two constituencies: America, and Black America ... and the hispanics, and the asians.

And of course the yanks are still rattling the saber; and still using it more than many would wish. But you can't change foreign policy overnight. The US is withdrawing from Afghanistan ... and they've given up on Iraq. But along with many others they are looking closely at Iran and North Korea. They still stand square behind Israel. For that matter so does Canada. And it would be a mistake to overestimate the power of the President. Sure, he is commander-in-chief of US armed forces; but, he can't just do anything he damn well feels like doing.

If the ultra-right Republicans, the Tea Party et al., don't support Romney because he is too liberaland the 80% of Americans who support Obamacare get behind the President, Obama will be the next President of the United States. And I for one believe that he will do much better, and be much more adventurous in his second term.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 22:10   #52
Give, give, give member

Quote:
She made a speech & now she is the saviour of race relations ? hahaha , haven't you noticed on the news in the rise of racist crimes ? .. don't know how could miss it its been on a loop for the last 4 months ish ... some good that speech made
You really do have a problem, when it comes to reading, and then attempting to understand the meaning of what's been said.

Sadly, I never did have the patience, which meant I could have taught those with special needs.

Take the time, slowly, to see what was actually said in this thread.

Look up the meaning of the word 'relative'.

If you're still struggling.

Old 11-04-2012, 22:13   #53

Quote:
You really do have a problem, when it comes to reading, and then attempting to understand the meaning of what's been said.

Sadly, I never did have the patience, which meant I could have taught those with special needs.

Take the time, slowly, to see what was actually said in this thread.

If you're still struggling.
Blah blah same old rhetoric from you garinda .. Tell me a country where the Obama`s have helped race relations ?
Old 11-04-2012, 22:18   #54
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

The only relative that means anything to him is his mother/sister, he'd fit in well in the southern states.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 22:19   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
The only relative that means anything to him is his mother/sister, he'd fit in well in the southern states.
Is it warm down there ?
Old 11-04-2012, 22:19   #56
Super Moderator

Quote:
Blah blah same old rhetoric from you garinda .. Tell me a country where the Obama`s have helped race relations ?
Fer cryin' out loud, Wrighty, he's already told you about three times how the Obamas have helped race relations. Do keep up or you'll never get in the click!
Old 11-04-2012, 22:21   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Fer cryin' out loud, Wrighty, he's already told you about three times how the Obamas have helped race relations. Do keep up or you'll never get in the click!
I read it all right & it proved nothing!! 1 article & problem solved ?.. hahaha .....
Old 11-04-2012, 22:25   #58
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Good point ... I hope that agreeing with you doesn't put me in the dreaded click ... and it is worth noting that the expectations of the first black President were set so high that no man or woman could live up to them. There were blacks in positions of power before Obama. Con Rice comes to mind: a black woman for chrissake as Secretary of State! A woman with two doctoral degrees. But blacks in America know that the white America is just waiting for them to screw up. To say that they are tiptoeing on eggs doesn't even come close to the reality. Obama is one smart cookie ... he knows that he represents two constituencies: America, and Black America ... and the hispanics, and the asians.

And of course the yanks are still rattling the saber; and still using it more than many would wish. But you can't change foreign policy overnight. The US is withdrawing from Afghanistan ... and they've given up on Iraq. But along with many others they are looking closely at Iran and North Korea. They still stand square behind Israel. For that matter so does Canada. And it would be a mistake to overestimate the power of the President. Sure, he is commander-in-chief of US armed forces; but, he can't just do anything he damn well feels like doing.

If the ultra-right Republicans, the Tea Party et al., don't support Romney because he is too liberaland the 80% of Americans who support Obamacare get behind the President, Obama will be the next President of the United States. And I for one believe that he will do much better, and be much more adventurous in his second term.
As you say, there have been other high profile politicans.

As well as Conodolezza Rice, Jesse Jackson springs to mind.

But when Jackson was at his political peak, no way, even just a few short decades ago, was America in the mindset to elect a President, who happened to be black.

As for Martin Luther King. I bet no way would he have dreamt this momentous change would happen so soon.

In a country, where until recently, one woman's choice of seat on a bus, could make her a very important figure in world history.

Old 11-04-2012, 22:25   #59
Super Moderator

Quote:
I read it all right & it proved nothing!! 1 article & problem solved ?.. hahaha .....
Obviously not "problem solved" but a step towards solving the problem. And what's with the maniacal cackling at the end? You're not going to launch into another diatribe about "zionism" or "cultural marxism", are you?
Old 11-04-2012, 22:28   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Obviously not "problem solved" but a step towards solving the problem. And what's with the maniacal cackling at the end? You're not going to launch into another diatribe about "zionism" or "cultural marxism", are you?
Call it what you like .. But the fact is they are not solving no race relations , just like they are not here.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..