Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2012, 18:04   #91
God Member

Re: Alcohol/Canal

It is our version of the 'yellow ducks' saga

Rubber Duck News: Ducks Around the World

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-04-2012, 19:43   #92
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
It is our version of the 'yellow ducks' saga

Rubber Duck News: Ducks Around the World
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Thanks for keeping us informed on this. Are you going to check it regularly so that you can keep us updated on its whereabouts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Wonder if there's a canal site like Cmon's ship site - we could look for it on there. HMS Dry Powder, fire prevention vessel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Hopefully, Dave will keep us updated daily on its location.
Thanks for all the interest, I cant manage daily updates, as I have to check on my aquatic shopping trolly sites, but will map its progress as much as I can. I just hope all this publicity will not effect its progress by persons helping it along.

Will try to get out as much as I can though to check, it is a bit difficult here in the secure unit, but will do my best.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 19:56   #93
Senior Member+

I walk the canal most days home from work if weather is nice. I shall also keep an eye out
Old 16-04-2012, 19:56   #94
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Thanks for all the interest, I cant manage daily updates, as I have to check on my aquatic shopping trolly sites, but will map its progress as much as I can. I just hope all this publicity will not effect its progress by persons helping it along.

Will try to get out as much as I can though to check, it is a bit difficult here in the secure unit, but will do my best.
Don't forget to put on your anorak.
Old 16-04-2012, 20:04   #95
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ohhhh, I dont wear them.
Old 16-04-2012, 20:07   #96
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Cagoule & make sure it's dayglo too.
Old 16-04-2012, 20:07   #97
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I walk the canal most days home from work if weather is nice. I shall also keep an eye out
I think with two of us reporting its progress it should be easy to define how far it gets before it goes in reverse, I was thinking of attaching a fisherman's luminous night float so it could be tracked in the dark.............then I thought that would be silly.
Old 16-04-2012, 21:03   #98
God Member

Quote:
Here is one placed in the River Hyndburn, as you can see a reef is starting to form.
I see that they have cleaned up the old River Stink since I was a lad. Almost pristine, eh.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 21:14   #99
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I see that they have cleaned up the old River Stink since I was a lad. Almost pristine, eh.
Eric, look at post 13, the first two pics, in the 3D panoramic pics thread. Almost made me want to be there.
Old 16-04-2012, 21:15   #100
Senior Member+

Quote:
Have a look at the panaramic photos in the photography section, you might be surprised.

Sorry susie posted at the same time, great minds think alike.
Old 16-04-2012, 21:29   #101
Senior Member+

Quote:
I dont know if you are interested, but if you would like a specific photo taking of a certain location I am only to pleased to do it for you, this offer is also open to claytoners around the globe to give them a view of home.
Old 16-04-2012, 21:29   #102
Senior Member+

Have you seen any coconuts yet dave ? we used to get a lot of those at the feeder at the top of Blackburn locks along with copies of the Koran and syringes which was nice
Old 16-04-2012, 21:34   #103
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Have you seen any coconuts yet dave ? we used to get a lot of those at the feeder at the top of Blackburn locks along with copies of the Koran and syringes which was nice
Of all the stuff I've seen bobbing about I have to say coconuts have never figured in my observations.

I am almost wary to ask, but where would coconuts come from, apart from the palm trees at Whitebirk roundabout
Old 16-04-2012, 21:36   #104
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Of all the stuff I've seen bobbing about I have to say coconuts have never figured in my observations.

I am almost wary to ask, but where would coconuts come from, apart from the palm trees at Whitebirk roundabout
Probably acquired from the fairground when at Blackburn?
Old 16-04-2012, 21:46   #105
Senior Member+

Dont really know dave all i know is when we used to go to clean the feeder in the mornings invariably there would be a coconut in it Along with all the other detritus that was in it like wood , traffic cones,plastic bags, buckets, plastic bottles, crisp packets, we even had a glut of giant sheets of polystyrene about 10ft x 8ft which kept appearing for about three weeks , go figure

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..