Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2012, 16:36   #196
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Alcohol/Canal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
The footballs are populated by aliens from a different solar system. For many light years. they have been locked in a deadly war of attrition with the fire extinguisher aliens. They have chosen this desolate spot as their final battleground. The future of the Universe could well be decided in Clayton-le-Moors.

I know this to be true because the voices in my head have told me.
The footballs are doomed to lose, no matter how hard they try to head for their goal, they nearly always swerve away from their target.
Morally the fire extinguisher deserves to win, after all H&S restrict their movements by fitting a safety catch, what an unfair playing field.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-04-2012, 16:59   #197
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Here is one placed in the River Hyndburn, as you can see a reef is starting to form.
Are there shopping carts in the cut? There's one in the Hyndburn, according to this post - perhaps it's for reinforcement troops if needed.
Old 18-04-2012, 17:22   #198
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
By the way, what's your take on the shopping carts getting involved?
The shopping carts are definitely cunningly disguised alien beings, no rationally minded person could doubt that...but whose side are they on? This is the burning question. Possibly the football aliens, to help them overcome the swerving problem that Less has raised.

Hopefully, our Accyweb observers will be able to keep us informed of further developments. I would like to come up and see for myself, but they only let us out on supervised outings here.
Old 18-04-2012, 17:38   #199
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I think I mentioned in post 157 that the ducks could be aliens. If one studies the duckling formation in post 138, one can see that it has an uncanny resemblance to a certain star system (which one, I haven't figured out yet ... no doubt there will be suggestions) ... If it doesn't respond to English, he could try standing there and quacking at it.
That idea is just quackers Eric
Old 18-04-2012, 17:40   #200
God Member

I see the potential here for two clicks: One supporting the ducklings, and the other speaking out for the footballs. But I still find the shopping carts a little problematic. They don't seem to move. Perhaps some brave soul could go down to the cut and give one a shake. I know, Let Sleeping Shopping Carts Lie. But someone could sit on the towpath; slug back a few bottles of dutch courage; throw the empties onto the bank; and, for the sake of humanity (and those who live in Ossy) reach out and touch one of them.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 17:41   #201
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I would be a bit miffed to find out hundreds of aliens live inside fire extinguishers. We would have been putting them to a fiery death for years .

Now then!

I never thought anything about the little football before

But now there is two of them and they appear to be gaining on the fire extinguisher
Looking at the photo Restless has started me worring the last time Jen was seen she was hold of two footballs
Old 18-04-2012, 17:45   #202
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I see the potential here for two clicks: One supporting the ducklings, and the other speaking out for the footballs. But I still find the shopping carts a little problematic. They don't seem to move. Perhaps some brave soul could go down to the cut and give one a shake. I know, Let Sleeping Shopping Carts Lie. But someone could sit on the towpath; slug back a few bottles of dutch courage; throw the empties onto the bank; and, for the sake of humanity (and those who live in Ossy) reach out and touch one of them.
well the carts could mirror real life and be referees Eric
Old 18-04-2012, 17:46   #203
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Looking at the photo Restless has started me worring the last time Jen was seen she was hold of two footballs
Was she? Or were they holding her?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 17:48   #204
God Member

Quote:
well the carts could mirror real life and be referees Eric
Having watched some of the recent refereeing screw-ups I think that your average shopping cart would probably do a much better job than the bozos calling the Premier League games
Old 18-04-2012, 17:56   #205
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
To be honest i think jens in control, She had em on the deck in a bag in the watering hole, Plus her being the notorious absinthe drinker,would you cross her?
Old 18-04-2012, 17:57   #206
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well come to think of it was hard to tell
Old 18-04-2012, 18:30   #207
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Looks as though no progress has been made :-) look at the strange graffiti. Wonder if this person took their own advice
Could be C'mon's, its got his style all over it. (And he's taken his own advice too)

Quote:
Could be an alien space recognises ship disguised as a fire extinguisher Dave
Okay, that's the version for the Aliens, now can we have it in English ..... please.
Old 18-04-2012, 18:40   #208
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Could be C'mon's, its got his style all over it. (And he's taken his own advice too)

Okay, that's the version for the Aliens, now can we have it in English ..... please.
I hate cheeky scousers
Old 18-04-2012, 18:41   #209
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I hate cheeky scousers
Yeah, me too !
Old 18-04-2012, 19:01   #210
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Yeah, me too !
Get serious guys ... and stay on topic An intergalactic Ragnarok is waiting in the wings under the Whalley Road bridge, and you two are talking about scousers

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..