Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2012, 23:16   #46
Resting In Peace

Re: Alcohol/Canal

Only for real nerds...
Fire Extinguishers for Every Business Sector at Discount Prices.
Old 13-04-2012, 23:27   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
This 'ship spotting' and 'flotsam spotting' is the latest trend for anorak persons.

It beats sitting on a railway platform doesn't it
There is certainly more to 'spot' on the canal.
Old 14-04-2012, 09:05   #48
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Undertow, wind direction & on the canal locks & boat movement, cause the flotsam & jetsam to move. (from an anglers perspective).
Old 14-04-2012, 09:13   #49
Senior Member+

There is a guy who is fishing in the canal almost everyday. Wonder he catches anything that is living?
Old 14-04-2012, 09:19   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
That is brilliant, I for one hope you take the time to give the latest updates about the vicinity of the fire extinguisher.
It would also be interesting to note how close this item comes close to the edge of the canal or wether it floats mid-stream over a longer period.
I can see you are as mesmerised as I am, I will try and determine if it is a foam or water extinguisher, and most importantley the brand.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 09:21   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
I did have a look briefly, but had to close the site. You can only take so much excitement on Saturday morning
Old 14-04-2012, 09:22   #52
Senior Member+

Are fire extinguishers company registered at all?
Old 14-04-2012, 11:49   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
There is a guy who is fishing in the canal almost everyday. Wonder he catches anything that is living?
Germs
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 14:22   #54
Senior Member+

Further to all your requests for more information with regard to the extinguisher, I can now report it has passed Riley's swing bridge and is heading towards Church. However if you look at the photos you will see a barge heading towards it from the Church end, this puts a variable into the mix in that will the wash from the barge may induce a change of direction. Stay tuned for further reports.

I am typing this in crayon as I am not allowed anything sharp in here...........................coming nurse.....is it time for my pobbies
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1498.JPG (268.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1499.JPG (341.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1506.JPG (297.6 KB, 16 views)
Old 14-04-2012, 18:43   #55
Senior Member+

Take a look at this its an average view of any pound or lock through Blackburn, the lock in the picture is highfield road lock just off bolton road.
BBC - In pictures: Vandals and fly-tippers spoil the canal

Last edited by walkinman221; 14-04-2012 at 18:45.
walkinman221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 19:40   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Germs
what ?

this long after the war ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 19:42   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Take a look at this its an average view of any pound or lock through Blackburn, the lock in the picture is highfield road lock just off bolton road.
BBC - In pictures: Vandals and fly-tippers spoil the canal
It boggles the mind to think that people will hump rubbish miles to dump in the canal, when it would be easier to take it to the tip or have the council collect it.

I noticed shopping trolleys were there in large numbers, now don't get me started on shopping trolleys or I will have to upload my photo collection of aquatic trolleys....................I think I've said to much on trolleys....will leave that one there
Old 14-04-2012, 19:59   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
It boggles the mind to think that people will hump rubbish miles to dump in the canal, when it would be easier to take it to the tip or have the council collect it.

I noticed shopping trolleys were there in large numbers, now don't get me started on shopping trolleys or I will have to upload my photo collection of aquatic trolleys....................I think I've said to much on trolleys....will leave that one there
Our record for trolleys was 46 all taken from the Blackburn flight of locks when drained for winter stoppage work, the record for off the boat collected belongs to the Burnley mile we got 18 on one pass of the mile the only good thing about them was we could weigh them in for the jolly boys outing at christmas
Old 14-04-2012, 21:02   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Our record for trolleys was 46 all taken from the Blackburn flight of locks when drained for winter stoppage work, the record for off the boat collected belongs to the Burnley mile we got 18 on one pass of the mile the only good thing about them was we could weigh them in for the jolly boys outing at christmas
You have to ask why the supermarkets dont keep a tighter grip on trolleys, they cost a fortune to purchase.
Old 14-04-2012, 21:12   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
You have to ask why the supermarkets dont keep a tighter grip on trolleys, they cost a fortune to purchase.
I always thought it would be common sense to have to install a quid in em, returnable when brought back to bay, Airports do it, but it seems beyond those numpties.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..