Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accy Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/)
-   -   Today in pictures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f73/today-in-pictures-61576.html)

Margaret Pilkington 01-05-2014 07:03

Re: Today in pictures

Dianne.....I don't like those pics............I LOVE them......they made me smile.....and made me just a tad envious(in a good way).

mobertol 01-05-2014 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1104607)
Dianne.....I don't like those pics............I LOVE them......they made me smile.....and made me just a tad envious(in a good way).

Had a really great day out there Margaret -it's a beautiful place with amazing gardens. The woollen woods installation is really clever, it would be the perfect place to take your young "tinlids" for a day out as they could explore the woods and find all the creatures and plants which are displayed throughout -literally hundreds of them!

Turtle 01-05-2014 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1104587)
Managed to capture a Kingfisher at last as well as an unusual array of other bird and plant life including a particularly nice poisonous mushroom for DaveMac! All up at Sizergh Castle near Kendall on Monday in glorious weather. What an amazing place - was in heaven -took over 220 photos o.O !!! Watch this space... :hothothot

Oh well done! Great pics and gave me a chuckle too. Thanks Diane :)

davemac 01-05-2014 21:34

10 Attachment(s)
Today in Pictures, a rare outing at the moment, and spent with Dianne (mobertol), so it was a pleasure to be out and a pleasure to meet her as well.

1. A brief distraction on the way to Spring Wood, guess who !
2. If its not wet, you are not doing it right.
3. From this point on its Bluebells a G0-GO.
4. I told you it was.
5. What's that smell.........Oh its me.
6. Taking steps to snap bluebells.
7. Stumps and Bluebells, it will never be as popular as Dandelion and Burdock.
8. Its that smell again.
9. Say Cheeeeese.
10. They are cutting most of these down.

Margaret Pilkington 01-05-2014 21:47

Lovely pics Dave. Looks like Dianne made the most of her day too.
Hope she will put some of her pics on soon.

davemac 01-05-2014 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1104709)
Lovely pics Dave. Looks like Dianne made the most of her day too.
Hope she will put some of her pics on soon.

Dianne is out tonight basking in culture, but if she uploads the pictures I think she will, I may never show my face in public again, only joking, I will wear a balaclava.

Turtle 01-05-2014 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by davemac (Post 1104704)
Today in Pictures, a rare outing at the moment, and spent with Dianne (mobertol), so it was a pleasure to be out and a pleasure to meet her as well.

1. A brief distraction on the way to Spring Wood, guess who !
2. If its not wet, you are not doing it right.
3. From this point on its Bluebells a G0-GO.
4. I told you it was.
5. What's that smell.........Oh its me.
6. Taking steps to snap bluebells.
7. Stumps and Bluebells, it will never be as popular as Dandelion and Burdock.
8. Its that smell again.
9. Say Cheeeeese.
10. They are cutting most of these down.

Oh this is bliss - bluebells just as I remembered them! And the wild garlic is wonderful. Beautiful shots.
I'm so happy for you Diane, and just a little bit jealous I must admit! :). I look forward to seeing your photos too.
Dave I'm sure you wish Bob could be with you on this walk, but how happy for you to have fellow Accy Webber Diane enjoying the views in his stead.

davemac 01-05-2014 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle (Post 1104715)
Oh this is bliss - bluebells just as I remembered them! And the wild garlic is wonderful. Beautiful shots.
I'm so happy for you Diane, and just a little bit jealous I must admit! :). I look forward to seeing your photos too.
Dave I'm sure you wish Bob could be with you on this walk, but how happy for you to have fellow Accy Webber Diane enjoying the views in his stead.

There were carpets of bluebells and wild garlic, they were late last year so missed them at Spring Wood, so the timing was just right this year. I think Dianne enjoyed the outing as much as I did, and hopefully her pictures will expand on my contribution.

I do miss not having Bob by my side, and getting ready to go out, we have our routine and as soon as I put my coat on, he is out of his basket ready to come with me, I know it sounds daft but I have to sneak out so I don't see him dissapointed.

mobertol 02-05-2014 00:23

10 Attachment(s)
Here are a selection from today's really lovely trip out with DaveMac - much appreciated and thanks again Dave! He survived me nattering him to death and distracting him from his phoography :D I am leaving the close-up's as they are Dave's territory and my attempts were rubbish. My pics : Featuring him in his element (note his "trophy" dirty knee in photo 3) and getting down to business with a bluebell by cobbled steps later. Interspersed with my more general pics of the gorgeous bluebell display in Spring Woods. Finally a short verse dedicated to the Lancashire witches which is in the carpark where we stopped to have a rather nice ice-cream. :hothothot

gpick24 02-05-2014 06:46

The pendle witch verse is one of several placed on the "witches walk" between lancaster and pendle.

BBC News - Carol Ann Duffy Pendle Witch Trials poem placed on trail

Lancashire Witches 400 | Green Close

Margaret Pilkington 02-05-2014 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1104730)
Here are a selection from today's really lovely trip out with DaveMac - much appreciated and thanks again Dave! He survived me nattering him to death and distracting him from his phoography :D I am leaving the close-up's as they are Dave's territory and my attempts were rubbish. My pics : Featuring him in his element (note his "trophy" dirty knee in photo 3) and getting down to business with a bluebell by cobbled steps later. Interspersed with my more general pics of the gorgeous bluebell display in Spring Woods. Finally a short verse dedicated to the Lancashire witches which is in the carpark where we stopped to have a rather nice ice-cream. :hothothot

Number 3....... A dirty knee! Now wouldn't that just go brilliantly into the present competition?
Great pics Dianne, but Dave looks decidedly lost without his ever present companion..... Bob.
Looks like you had a great day......and put your close ups on.....they will be relished by those of us who can't be out and about right now.
Oh, and by the way comparisons are odious.(just check out you signature as to what beauty is)

Turtle 02-05-2014 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1104730)

Your shots of the flowers are wonderful Diane. There's nothing more lovely than bluebells en masse, and you certainly did them justice. And you even managed to capture the elusive davemacious intrepidus, resplendent in all his moistness!!!

Margaret Pilkington 02-05-2014 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtle (Post 1104764)
And you even managed to capture the elusive davemacious intrepidus, resplendent in all his moistness!!!

I DO like that.....I hope it doesn't go to his head....no, of course it won't (nurse will see to that).
You do know that this is an endangered species...don't you?

maxthecollie 02-05-2014 15:39

10 Attachment(s)
I thought I'd try out my new camera.
Attachment 40072Attachment 40073Attachment 40074Attachment 40075Attachment 40076Attachment 40077Attachment 40078Attachment 40079Attachment 40080Attachment 40081

All these were taken around Jumbles Reservoir. Nos 2 and 4 were on the opposite bank of the res. I've got to get used to the settings yet.

Margaret Pilkington 02-05-2014 17:50

C'mon Frank....spill! What new camera?