Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2008, 09:36   #166
Senior Member+

Re: pregnant

Omg this pregnancy is dragging me, this one is too comfy inside, she cant be bothered to come out, 5 days to go, i bet she is gonna go over the due date just to annoy me lol
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-09-2008, 09:50   #167
God Member

Enjoy the next 5 days of sleepful nights.
When she arrives there will be times when you wish she was 'back in'

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:58   #168
Senior Member+

i wish i could sleep but i have a 3 year old as well who keeps waking me up in middle of nite so i barely sleep anyway im used to, i do still have my naps in afternoon if he lets me have them
Old 01-09-2008, 10:36   #169
God Member

Not long now Yolanda
Old 01-09-2008, 11:28   #170
Senior Member+

I enjoyed pregnancy, apart form the spd, but luckily didnt have another youngster to get me up during the night (not that i slept much in the late stages anyway)

Just enjoy it at the mo, she'll soon be here
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 13:10   #171
Senior Member+

Ok, so still no sign of baby, with 2 days to go, i wonder when is she gonna come out? Will she be over or not? Does anyone have any home tips to get the labour started? I have tried pineapple, raspberry tea,currys and of course the dirty one but nothing seems to work.
Went midwife yesterday, she still hasnt dropped or engaged, im gonna be very annoyed if i have another section and i will definetly complain to the hospital cuz the way i see it i still have the membrane wich stops my baby from dropping.
Im getting really stressed now, i keep thinking every nite, this is it! as soon as i get some funny pains. I dont expect my main waters to break but at least the back ones like it happen with my son but there is nothing yet. I guess this is a waiting game now.
I hope you enjoyed my calm fustration lol
Old 04-09-2008, 13:14   #172
Senior Member+

at this rate i will be in labour first lol

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 13:26   #173
Senior Member+

dont say that!!! i've had enough
Old 04-09-2008, 15:53   #174
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanda25 View Post
Went midwife yesterday, she still hasnt dropped or engaged, im gonna be very annoyed if i have another section and i will definetly complain to the hospital cuz the way i see it i still have the membrane wich stops my baby from dropping.
I don't understand why you would complain to the hospital if you had to have another caesarean.

How is that the hospital's fault?
Old 04-09-2008, 17:33   #175
Senior Member+

Well, i didnt explain it properly.
When i had my son,i had some problems. My back waters broke and went to the hospital wich then sent me home cuz there was no point on being there. Next day in afternoon i went back, they kept me overnight to check me, the next day they decided to brake my waters. I was in labour but i wasnt dilated enough so they decided to give me a section.
They told me that the reason i had one was because i had a membrane covering the exit so thats why my son woudnt drop.
When i went to the 1st scan of this baby they told me that the membrane was there again, on the second scan aparently wasnt but i was convinced that it was, they didnt take their time cheking cuz they were running late.
I went to the consultant and told her about it, she turned around sayin that there was never a membrane that she didnt know where i got this from,i know there was cuz the doctors told me and i got it on the notes of the 1st scan.
I asked the consultant for another scan and she refused because she said there was no need as there hasnt ever been a membrane.
Now the midwife told me yesterday that i was really high up and that it is most likely for me to have a section. I am annoyed because if they would of given me another scan im sure they would of seen it therefore i would of saved myself of thinking that i was able to have a natural birth.
God i hope this explains a bit
Old 04-09-2008, 17:40   #176
Senior Member+

would they have been able to remove it if they said it was there?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 17:51   #177
Senior Member+

I didnt think they sent you home after your waters brake? Isn't that dangerous because you could get an infection. I may be wrong please feel free to correct me if i am. They threatened to send me home after being in labour 2 days. My Mum said "Fine but if you do, i'll just walk her round to A&E and get her readmitted there" Dont annoy my mother when she hasnt slept for 2 days! lol.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 20:22   #178
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
I didnt think they sent you home after your waters brake? Isn't that dangerous because you could get an infection.
That's what I thought, Lolly.

However, a couple of weeks ago someone I know through work went to Burnley hospital with pains. She was pregnant with her first child and was a bit unsure what to do so she got her boyfriend to take her to hospital.

The pains were infrequent and mild so they sent her home.....nothing unsurprising there.

What did surprise me was the next day her waters broke and she went back to hospital but they sent her home again as they said she wasn't dilated enough.

I couldn't understand this as I'm sure when I had my children they kept you in once your waters had gone due to risk of infection.....this is obviously not the case any more.

Maybe if Lettie sees this thread she could explain for us.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:10   #179
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

We routinely send people home now when their waters have broken. This is based on research done over the last 20 years, which shows that 80% of women will go into a natural labour themselves, without any interference. The infection risks are actually higher when people stay in hospital (and always have been) due to the large amount of examinations you tend to have in hospital. We do daily blood tests and the mother has to take her own temperature whilst at home, any sign of infection and we induce.

As for this 'membrane'........ I'm stumped??????? I've never heard of any kind of membrane which would make the baby's head high. The reasons for a high head would be :-

Big baby or small pelvis,
Unstable position of the baby (tends to happen with people who have had several pregnancies)
Low lying placenta,
Polyhydramnios (too much water),
Uterine abnormalities (bicornuate uterus fibroids etc),

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:37   #180
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
I didnt think they sent you home after your waters brake? Isn't that dangerous because you could get an infection. I may be wrong please feel free to correct me if i am. They threatened to send me home after being in labour 2 days. My Mum said "Fine but if you do, i'll just walk her round to A&E and get her readmitted there" Dont annoy my mother when she hasnt slept for 2 days! lol.

They sent me home because if u read it it was my back waters that broke first, u have 2 sets of waters , the ones that broke were the back ones thats why they sent me home.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..