Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2008, 12:38   #181
Senior Member+

Re: pregnant

yol?? you getting grumpy now?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-09-2008, 12:38   #182
Senior Member+

As for this 'membrane'........ I'm stumped??????? I've never heard of any kind of membrane which would make the baby's head high. The reasons for a high head would be :-

Big baby or small pelvis,
Unstable position of the baby (tends to happen with people who have had several pregnancies)
Low lying placenta,
Polyhydramnios (too much water),
Uterine abnormalities (bicornuate uterus fibroids etc),[/quote]

Well there is a say: you learn something new everyday, i had a membrane called vasa previa, thats another reason why babys dont drop
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:39   #183
Senior Member+

No im not getting grumpy, i just dont like people saying in a way that i dont know what im talking about lol
Old 05-09-2008, 12:40   #184
Senior Member+

UK Vasa Previa Awareness Group

Quote:
Vasa praevia occurs when one or more of the baby's placental or umbilical blood vessels cross the entrance to the birth canal beneath the baby.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 06-09-2008, 21:16   #185
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanda25 View Post
Well there is a say: you learn something new everyday, i had a membrane called vasa previa, thats another reason why babys dont drop
I'm sorry, but Vasa Praevia is NOT a membrane. It is a vein in the placenta which sometimes crosses the membranes (amniotic sac) in front of the baby's head. It is a rare and dangerous condition which can ONLY be diagnosed on Vaginal examination or late scan. It is unlikely to happen again in this pregnancy as your placenta will more than likely be in a different place. Placentae attach to the uterus in a different place in each pregnancy due to the scar tissue left by your last placenta on your uterus (yes, placentae leave scars).....

If you have a Vasa Praevia and your forewaters break, you will more than likely bleed to death, hence, the emergency C Section (which obviously saved your life the last time).

As I said, it is highly unlikely to happen again, good luck...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 21:22   #186
Senior Member+

thanks
Old 10-09-2008, 15:25   #187
Senior Member+

Been midwife today and heard babys heartbeat

apparenly i am a bit big for 13weeks

Old 10-09-2008, 15:27   #188
God Member

so does that mean you might be further gone than they thought? or does that mean it may be twins?
Old 10-09-2008, 15:29   #189
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
so does that mean you might be further gone than they thought? or does that mean it may be twins?
dont you start wi that

i could be further ( will find out for definate either next week or week after) could be twins or could be a big baby...

ITS NOT TWINS!!!!!!!!

Old 10-09-2008, 15:30   #190
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
dont you start wi that

i could be further ( will find out for definate either next week or week after) could be twins or could be a big baby...

ITS NOT TWINS!!!!!!!!

ooo i dont envy you if its a big baby, when dya go for your first scan? is it 16 or 20 weeks? i cant remember cos i had a scan at 8 weeks too
Old 10-09-2008, 15:32   #191
Senior Member+

I'm having a mini scan next week then my proper (dating) scan the week after at 15 weeks

Old 10-09-2008, 15:35   #192
God Member

ah thats good then, i had several scans cos i had a 'threatend' miscarriage with Reece, its so weird when i look at my notes from my pregnancy because it doesnt say threatened miscarriage it says 'threatened abortion' which sounds like i threatened to abort when i didnt do no such thing (i think ive mentioned this on here before)
Old 10-09-2008, 15:38   #193
Senior Member+

i remember you saying,thats a horrible way to put it!

poor midwife musta thought i was mental, i am really really tired this week and my app was when i usually have a little lie down lol, i was sat there and remembered i'd brought a sample and said 'oh! ive got some urine in my handbag'.......then i cried when i heard the heartbeat .... stupid hormones!

Old 10-09-2008, 15:41   #194
God Member

Quote:
i remember you saying,thats a horrible way to put it!

poor midwife musta thought i was mental, i am really really tired this week and my app was when i usually have a little lie down lol, i was sat there and remembered i'd brought a sample and said 'oh! ive got some urine in my handbag'.......then i cried when i heard the heartbeat .... stupid hormones!

i wouldnt call it stupid hormones, its natural to feel like that about a baby, i think its called 'bonding' lol give it a few more months and you'll be wishing (like Yol is now) that it was all over and done with, at least your not carrying over a hot summer like i did with Reece, 1996 was a scorcher and made me really tired

wahay 12 years ago tomorrow since my baby boy came out the sunroof
Old 12-09-2008, 13:07   #195
Senior Member+

Quote:
thought id add myself to this thread..... Im 10 weeks now, scan is booked for 23rd sept, i feel constantly sick and tired

I like cheese spread on toast and fizzy water lol
I'm annoyed today....... went and did my shopping, 4 packs of cheese spread, just made myself some on toast and it tastes disgusting!!! i cant eat it!

I really want a fish finger butty tho .....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..