Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nostalgia aint what it used to be... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/)
-   -   Rock around the Clock, Bill Haley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/rock-around-the-clock-bill-haley-52765.html)

Wynonie Harris 06-07-2010 15:20

Re: Rock around the Clock, Bill Haley

Van Morrison & Eric Clapton...two more famous names who graced the Con stage.

garinda 06-07-2010 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 826767)
had quite a few Top Line bands up the con, Wayne Fontana @ Mindbenders, Four Pennies, spring to mind, but can't remember Dusty or the Springfields, appearing anywhere in accy rindy.:confused: Johnny Kidd @ Pirates were on at the Vic in clayton le moors along wi others, possibly down yon, never went more n a couple of times.:confused:

Perhaps I'm mixed up.

When I got into Dusty, when I was about twelve, my aunt gave me all her old albums, and told me about when she saw her. I'm sure she said it was Accy, but I might well be wrong.

cashman 06-07-2010 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 826769)
Perhaps I'm mixed up.

When I got into Dusty, when I was about twelve, my aunt gave me all her old albums, and told me about when she saw her. I'm sure she said it was Accy, but I might well be wrong.

Not to worry rindy.....even i was wrong....ONCE.:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::;)

garinda 07-07-2010 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 826766)
That's what I said, Herman's Hermits, Four Pennies (the Lionel Morton Four in those days) Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders, Freddie and the Dreamers, can't remember Dusty though G.

Her first solo tour was in 1963.
She appeared on the bill with The Searchers, Freddie & The Dreamers and Brian Poole & The Tremeloes.

The tour ended at King George's Hall, Blackburn.

If Freddie and the Dreamers played the Con, could it not have been the same tour?

garinda 07-07-2010 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 826862)
She appeared on the bill with The Searchers, Freddie & The Dreamers and Brian Poole & The Tremeloes.

If Freddie and the Dreamers played the Con, could it not have been the same tour?

The tour started June 6th, in Halifax, so would have been in the summer, if that's any help.

cashman 07-07-2010 08:10

Memories not what it was, but 63 it aint bad, as meself n Darwendosser started work Easter that year, am 90% certain was not 63 when Freddie @ Dreamers played the con, but later, if ya got tour list rindy, there would have to be a Blank Monday night fer it to be possible. unless the king georges gig was weekend, i reckon.

jaysay 07-07-2010 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 826862)

Were talking Accy Con here G strictly one band at a time mate:D

jaysay 07-07-2010 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 826878)
Memories not what it was, but 63 it aint bad, as meself n Darwendosser started work Easter that year, am 90% certain was not 63 when Freddie @ Dreamers played the con, but later, if ya got tour list rindy, there would have to be a Blank Monday night fer it to be possible. unless the king georges gig was weekend, i reckon.

Think F and the Ds was around 65 cashy, started with groups on Mondays in about 64 I think

cashman 07-07-2010 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 826886)
Think F and the Ds was around 65 cashy, started with groups on Mondays in about 64 I think

i was thinking 65, john, but wasn't sure as i never went to see em, always refused to pay fer crap. thats why i'm near sure Dusty wasn't up con, always loved her so would never have missed it.:)

jaysay 07-07-2010 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 826895)
i was thinking 65, john, but wasn't sure as i never went to see em, always refused to pay fer crap. thats why i'm near sure Dusty wasn't up con, always loved her so would never have missed it.:)

Didn't bother me what the band was like cashy, never remembered the day after anyway:D:D

garinda 07-07-2010 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 826885)
Were talking Accy Con here G strictly one band at a time mate:D

Ok, I concede.

My aunt was mixed up, she must have seen her in Blackburn.

I wasn't wrong, she fed me the wrong information.

:rolleyes::D

cashman 07-07-2010 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 826899)
Didn't bother me what the band was like cashy, never remembered the day after anyway:D:D

thats the differance between Drunkards n Gentlemen.:D

jaysay 07-07-2010 10:15

This thread has started me thinking, most people my age who frequented Accy Con on a Monday night remember the Four Pennies being resident the or a while until they hit the big time with Juliet, they were call the Lionel Morton Four in those, but for a while they were advertised as the Lionel Morton Four + one there was a pianist joined them occasionally, and he came from Accy, if I remember rightly he lived in the Willows Lane area, can't for the life in me remember his name, but he was a great pianist

jaysay 07-07-2010 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 826901)
thats the differance between Drunkards n Gentlemen.:D

How the hell do you know:D:D:p

cashman 07-07-2010 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 826905)
How the hell do you know:D:D:p

Thought that was rather obvious- I was a gentleman, you were a Drunkard.:D