Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2010, 18:29   #16

Re: What did you watch when you was a nipper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Was only thinking about some of those programmes the other day!

I remember Four Feather Falls with 2 Gun Tex!!...wasn't the theme tune sung by Michael Halliday? I was a Wooden Tops kid too! Also Supercar and the other Gerry Anderson progs mentioned. Was there a monkey in one called Zooney? and Robert the Robot! Used to like Skippy and Daktari, The Littlest Hobo, Tinga and Tucka or Tucker? Fred the Beak? Pinky and Perky,Crackerjack, Flipper, The Lone Ranger, The Big Valley, Bonanza, The Flaxton Boys, Blue Peter, Captain Pugwash and Noggin the Nog.

What was that programme called where a young Lad used to have a Boomerang and when he threw it in the air, time stood still for a few minutes?...Used to be on either Sat or Sun tea time ish or early evening?

Oh happy days...and no worries...well not many anyway!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Wasn't that "The Magic Boomerang" Also around that time there was an Australian kids program about these kids that created a fort/town/thing made out of packing cases and things???? Anyone!
gdm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-03-2010, 18:55   #17
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Aye Taggy I'm sure Zooney & Robbie the Robot were in Fireball XL5 & I remember Marina from Stingray, as to the others I can't remember what creature was their mascot. Also on Saturday Mornings when we didn't have a Footy Match on, we'd watch "Zorro", "Champion the Wonder Horse" " The Lone Ranger" there was also "Belle & Sebastion" & we had to let my Sister watch "Heide".

I remember the last two as imports in Black & White which were dubbed over but the Dubbing was atrocious really, the mouth would be going then the words would come & carry on even when they weren't talking.

Aye Happy Days.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 19:21   #18

Just remembered "Torchy Torchy the Battery Boy" and yes it was sponsored by Ever Ready!
gdm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:14   #19

Aussie TV show, was it The Teriffic Adventures Of The Terrible Ten.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:57   #20
God Member

Think every Accy web user of a certain age has the theme music for Robin Hood (Richard Greene series ) burned into his/her brain

Last edited by steeljack; 08-03-2010 at 05:05.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:26   #21
God Member

i bet many accywebbers learned a lot from this guy growing up lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:49   #22
Give, give, give member

There are some great clips of Watch With Mother on here...

Watch with Mother

My favourite programme was Camberwick Green, which I loved as a two year old in 1967. I had a model of the street, complete with figures...which I recently saw in an antique book!

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:53   #23
Give, give, give member

Later I was an avid Blue Peter fan.

It was at it's peak with John, Peter, and Val, and was never the same when Val was replaced by former dancer and hippy chick, Lesley Judd.

Anyone else remember Bleep and Booster from Blue Peter, the illustrated serial about a boy in space?

Old 08-03-2010, 08:03   #24
Give, give, give member

Anyone brought up in the sixties will remember all the badly dubbed foreign children's programmes that we had.

Belle and Sebastian, The Flashing Blade, Robinson Crusoe, White Horses, and the freakiest one, with the evil dwarf, The Singing, Ringing Tree.

Not great programmes but some great theme tunes.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:12   #25
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I presume you mean on TV - I didn't - that mind controlling goggle box which dumbs the brain was not in widespread use in my childhood.

Instead I read books and listened to the radio

PS more book reading improves your english grammar skill
eg - when you were, not when you was
Did you never go to the cinema on Saturday mornings, with all the other kids, and stamp your feet and clap your hands, whilst being mind controlled by those evil Jews in Hollywood?

Old 08-03-2010, 09:00   #26
God Member

They were practicing subliminal messaging on us in the 40s - now it is perfected.
Walt Disney was a pioneer in the field.

I searched youtube for 'subliminal message tv' and found some wonderful examples, but the sexual content was too explicit to put the link here.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:09   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Later I was an avid Blue Peter fan.

It was at it's peak with John, Peter, and Val, and was never the same when Val was replaced by former dancer and hippy chick, Lesley Judd.

Anyone else remember Bleep and Booster from Blue Peter, the illustrated serial about a boy in space?
And I bet you have a Blue Peter Badge, if so let PB have it, don't think blue is really your colour
Old 08-03-2010, 09:11   #28
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
They were practicing subliminal messaging on us in the 40s - now it is perfected.

I searched youtube for 'subliminal message tv' and found some wonderful examples, but the sexual content was too explicit to put the link here.
Well the Bullshine brigade certainly did a good job on you, you've been left wide open to believe anything other than what goes on in the 'real' world.

By the way because your in the mood for correcting other peoples mistakes, (fun isn't it?), practicing is spelt practising.

Reap as ye shall sow, comes to mind.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:11   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Over 18s maybe
Old 08-03-2010, 09:15   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Over 18s maybe
I knew some people would take notice of that
so browse some the one and a half million references
subliminal message tv - Google Search
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..