Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2010, 12:19   #61

Re: What did you watch when you was a nipper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
I remember the Grove family, granny Grove in the armchair with hotwater bottle on her knee, kept asking for her elevenses.Muffin the mule I loved and just realised it was John Mills sister who played the piano for Muffin. Crackerjack was one of my favourites, yes its Friday , its 5o clock its CRACKERJACK, every time the namecarckerjack was mentioned the entire audiance had to shout it out loud.At tea time I remember a series Top of the Form . Also Pencil and Paper this was a quiz but the questions were for the viewers,when all questions asked, the answers were then given and explained.Family viewing,brilliant.
Yea Crackerjack. Get a question right and you got a pressy, get it wrong and you got a cabbage!!! Fantastic!
gdm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2010, 12:23   #62

Crackerjack. What was the name of the 2 guys ( don't google!) who presented it back in the 70's? They always sang the latest chart hits but dressed as idiots??
Old 30-03-2010, 13:31   #63
Full Member+

Are you thinking of Peter Glaze and Leslie Crowther , they took over from Eamon Andrews I think, gosh I am showing my age!
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2010, 13:57   #64

Quote:
Are you thinking of Peter Glaze and Leslie Crowther , they took over from Eamon Andrews I think, gosh I am showing my age!
Got it now thanks, Peter Glaze yes and Bernie Clifton. Didn't Lesley Crowther do it on his own????
Old 30-03-2010, 23:29   #65
Member.

Andy pansy; Thunderbirds; Stingray; Batman & Robin; Puff & Stuff; Cracker Jack? (I'm ****ed) Voyage to the Bottom of the sea: Roy Rodgers; some poof with an Indian and Larry the Lamb…..P.S. not in that order.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2010, 00:36   #66
God Member

Quote:
Just remembered Mr Pastry , doing the Lancers ( dance) on his own, was so, so funny.Lets not forget Billy Bunter at Greyfriars school, always eating .
is this the one
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2010, 01:06   #67
God Member

I'm sure folks of a certain age will remember this from 50 yrs ago.......whats amazing is that the jury features NCIS 'star' "Duckie" , David McCallum

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2010, 19:01   #68
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Andy pansy;
Was this the Pink & fluffy alternate version Dougie ??
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 00:23   #69
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Was this the Pink & fluffy alternate version Dougie ??
He lives on the Fylde coast.

It's all sequins and glitz there.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:49   #70
Resting in Peace

Liked one of the first Sci Fi series they put on, was even before colour Quatermass
Old 01-04-2010, 11:01   #71

I remember when I was doing my apprenticeship for Pilkington Bros. back in the 60's I would get home for lunch and the Sullivan's were always on. Years later my dear old Mum found a channel on Sky that showed all the same old series of that time, The Sullivan's, Skippy, Little house on the Prairie, Flipper! I think it was called "Mum your doin my head in" channel!!
Did I miss any?
Old 01-04-2010, 23:30   #72

In the 50s we didn't have a telly but we used to watch it when we went to friends' birthday parties. In the mid-50s there was "Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men", "Larry the Lamb in Toy Town", "Rag, Tag and Bobtail", "Andy Pandy", "Muffin the Mule".... In the late 50s I remember watching "Mr. Ed", who was a talking horse. "Coronation Street" arrived about 1959, in black and white of course, with Ena Sharples, Elsie Tanner, etc.
Judith Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 23:58   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

was Mr Ed not early 60s Judith? i remember Sgt Bilko n I Love Lucy way back.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:44   #74

Highlight of the week had to be Sunday Night At the London Palladium. Everyone kept happy watching this, jugglers to the Beatles and then the revolving stage! Fantastic!!
Old 05-04-2010, 17:15   #75

my contribution :
flash gordon - listened to on radio before we had a telly -
torchy, torchy, the battery boy!
and Wind in The Willows - Hayley Mills
AAAh
martin01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..