Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   Liverpool.. the road to the title 2011 (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/liverpool-the-road-to-the-title-2011-a-58829.html)

Mancie 04-02-2012 00:18

Re: Liverpool.. the road to the title 2011

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 966802)
Oh I don't know about worrying, we won 3 nil last night without Gerrard or Suarez, still in two cups, the final of one. It will be nice to go back to Wembley it's been too long.
Four points off a champions league place next year. I'd say things are looking up.

Maybe things are looking up for you boys but the league is not on the cards for years..you might think United are the competition..but it could Citeh, Spurs, Chelski or Arsenal. :D

Boeing Guy 04-02-2012 08:47

Yeah, I am with you there Mancie mate, after all it took Fergie several years when he joined to get the League for you.

But you have to start somewhere

cashman 04-02-2012 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 967782)
Maybe things are looking up for you boys but the league is not on the cards for years..you might think United are the competition..but it could Citeh, Spurs, Chelski or Arsenal. :D

Never say Never, it wasn't on the cards when Blackburn won it.;)

DaveinGermany 04-02-2012 11:05

Aye, we've had a few good results & hopefully we'll be putting some silver back in the cupboards this year. :D The title ? All in good time, we've waited this long & now there's a feel of buoyant optimism about the Club, who knows it may well happen sooner than expected. ;)

Barrie Yates 04-02-2012 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 967842)
Aye, we've had a few good results & hopefully we'll be putting some silver back in the cupboards this year. :D The title ? All in good time, we've waited this long & now there's a feel of buoyant optimism about the Club, who knows it may well happen sooner than expected. ;)

Well there is enough hot air emanating from there, more than enough to float a balloon:tongueout

Barrie Yates 04-02-2012 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 967828)
Never say Never, it wasn't on the cards when Blackburn won it.;)

One shot wonders and I seem to remember that JW spent a lot of money - just for one season of glory - no stamina or long term planning - not even short term:tongueout

DaveinGermany 04-02-2012 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 967858)
Well there is enough hot air emanating from there, more than enough to float a balloon:tongueout

Oh deary me, the noisy neighbours are kicking off again ! Could you just remind me again, at this present time Manky U have the chance of what this season ? ;)

Barrie Yates 06-02-2012 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 967861)
Oh deary me, the noisy neighbours are kicking off again ! Could you just remind me again, at this present time Manky U have the chance of what this season ? ;)

Premier League and entry into the Champion's League for next season - and scousers are going to win what????????;);):D

Boeing Guy 06-02-2012 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 968466)
Premier League and entry into the Champion's League for next season - and scousers are going to win what????????;);):D

Going off yesterday's result?
Okay well let's see:
There's the Carling Cup, we are in the Final
The FA Cup
And we are fighting for a Europa League Place.
Seeing Kenny has only been back for a year, that's pretty good after all it took Alex three years to win the FA cup...

jaysay 07-02-2012 10:11

Cat Power - Watch a cat crash a football game - Liverpool Tottenham - YouTube
Wow what a great performance by the new signing at Anfield, Liverpools new formation 4 Paw 4:D

Barrie Yates 07-02-2012 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 968488)
And we are fighting for a Europa League Place.

Must be Kung Fu Fighting after seeing Suarez kicking Parker in the chest. Then there was the laser in the Spurs players face, what a section of morons support the scousers.
Pity that KK, or should it now be KKK, can't move on - Suarez was found to be guilty, KK should just move on. That said, I think there will be a fair bit of aggro on Saturday.

Boeing Guy 07-02-2012 15:39

So why mention it Barrie, unless you are trying to provoke a reaction?
Let's see what Saturday brings

Boeing Guy 07-02-2012 17:02

Speaking of Racism and Idiotic fans Barrie, I would be very careful. After all Man U have some as well.
Manchester United fan charged for shouting racist abuse at Stoke match | Football | guardian.co.uk

If we are talking of Kung Fu Kicks, then why no mention of Eric Cantona? Surely the greatest Kung Fu kick of all time

jaysay 07-02-2012 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 968724)
Speaking of Racism and Idiotic fans Barrie, I would be very careful. After all Man U have some as well.
Manchester United fan charged for shouting racist abuse at Stoke match | Football | guardian.co.uk

If we are talking of Kung Fu Kicks, then why no mention of Eric Cantona? Surely the greatest Kung Fu kick of all time

How dare you mention King Eric, the french trawler hand, he's god at the theatre of merchandising Si:rolleyes:

Boeing Guy 07-02-2012 18:25

and that's the rub Jay, if the racist Manchester United thug had been a Liverpool thug, then it would have been all over the papers and screams off our manc set here shouting the odds.
However they stay silent and make out that everyone else is at fault.
Still we are with in spitting distance of a Champions League place next year, which would be nice. Its about time we won a Sixth, now how many have mancy u won???