Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2011, 15:31   #541

Re: Liverpool road to the title 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
And there's me thinking you lot would be supporting United today... us being the "local" team and all
Anyway we wuz robbed!
Think Liverpools closer than most utd fans.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-03-2011, 15:38   #542
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Think Liverpools closer than most utd fans.
Now thats unfair Alan, i know one in Helmshore.
Old 06-03-2011, 16:06   #543

I did say most not all.
Old 06-03-2011, 16:19   #544
Resting in Peace

Well having watched the match I think Liverpool just Kuyt United on an off day really
Old 06-03-2011, 16:40   #545
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Didn't get to see the Match as I was over in Holland getting annoyed there ! Still been back here a while now but not being a gloater, I've let things lie as they are Far be it for me to take the Pish !

Yeah, yeah & thrice Yeah, for this Dutchman though !

Can I tell you the story of a poor boy, who was sent far away from his home,

To fight for his King & his Country & also the old folks back home !

Feel free to join in the Chorus lads Yes youse, you shifty Mancs skulking at the back of the room !

If yis don't know de werds, jus' 'um along Lar !

Listen to Liverpool chants, Liverpool FC songs .

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 06-03-2011 at 16:42.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 17:07   #546
Resting in Peace

Mancs sulkin Dave never, mind you it is like waiting for a bus, nout for ages then all of a sudden ya get two at once
Old 06-03-2011, 17:32   #547
Senior Member+

You have got the bragging rights for now D in G, but as it is probably all you are going to win this season, my very best wishes - mind you, no doubt that Carragher should have been sent off, just wish he had made that tackle before that glorious clearing header from Nani
Old 06-03-2011, 17:41   #548
Senior Member+

He Jay, see you have shut up about the Rooney elbow - is that because Nzonzi elbowed Duff, and got away with it.
We may have to worry about missing out on the Premiership title, but the Scousers aren't going to win it - are they going to win anything other than the United derby, and Rovers fans can only hope to keep Premiership status - they certainly are not going to win anything this year - but of course that is the normal situation for them
Old 07-03-2011, 09:16   #549
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
You have got the bragging rights for now D in G, but as it is probably all you are going to win this season, my very best wishes - mind you, no doubt that Carragher should have been sent off, just wish he had made that tackle before that glorious clearing header from Nani
Well think the ref got most things right really possible a red for carragher, but if he'd given one to him he would certainly have given one to that little brazilian twit, Carragher's was that late challenge his tackle was premeditated thuggery, but he does have previous in that department
Old 07-03-2011, 10:41   #550
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well think the ref got most things right really possible a red for carragher, but if he'd given one to him he would certainly have given one to that little brazilian twit, Carragher's was that late challenge his tackle was premeditated thuggery, but he does have previous in that department
If you were watching the match - even though you have previously stated on a number of occasions that you would never watch United, you would have seen that Rafael had astuds scraped down his upper thigh when he beat the first player, then he made the tackle. Yes, they are both full of fire, but what about Smith Souness etc and quite a few Rovers players. I don't doubt that United will figure higher in the fair play league than Rovers will even theough Rovers get away with a lot - the unpronouncable one elbowing Duff for instance
Old 07-03-2011, 14:55   #551

Well Jay what do you reckon.

BBC Sport - Venky's deny Steve Kean Blackburn job under threat

Will he go or will he stay.
Old 07-03-2011, 18:00   #552
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Well Jay what do you reckon.

BBC Sport - Venky's deny Steve Kean Blackburn job under threat

Will he go or will he stay.
Its a bit like paddy's Market Alan, they can't sack him because they said in January that they wouldn't during his two year contract, might work in fast food trade but the Premier League
Old 07-03-2011, 18:03   #553
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
If you were watching the match - even though you have previously stated on a number of occasions that you would never watch United, you would have seen that Rafael had astuds scraped down his upper thigh when he beat the first player, then he made the tackle. Yes, they are both full of fire, but what about Smith Souness etc and quite a few Rovers players. I don't doubt that United will figure higher in the fair play league than Rovers will even theough Rovers get away with a lot - the unpronouncable one elbowing Duff for instance
Barrie I wasn't watching United I was watching Liverpool, United were just an unfortunate incident
Old 07-03-2011, 18:26   #554

Quote:
Its a bit like paddy's Market Alan, they can't sack him because they said in January that they wouldn't during his two year contract, might work in fast food trade but the Premier League
Seems like a very thin tightrope that most managers walk along these days.
Old 07-03-2011, 19:57   #555
Senior Member+

Quote:
Barrie I wasn't watching United I was watching Liverpool, United were just an unfortunate incident

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..