Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2011, 09:26   #616
Senior Member+

Re: Liverpool road to the title 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
But we won and again today, getting more and more certain it is United's Premiership to lose - been a good week for Stanley too, perhaps we will hear someone blowing the Stanley trumpet before long - of course very unlikely we will hear a Rover's trumpet - maybe if they get in the Championship play-offs next season
C'mon then you Stanley fans, are they going to carry on and get into the play-offs, or are they going to fade - an extra 2 points today against a team quite a few places lower would have strengthened their position
So only Wyn can blow a trumpet for his beloved team? Keep it up Sir
Accrington Web
Old 10-04-2011, 09:28   #617
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Not at all, that is not what I said - just pointed out that most people - men, boys, women and girls - and children, use those words - and more than likely they heard their parents using them first - walk around town with your ears open
YA but they don't get paid millions a year and go shouting it down the throat of a TV camera, mind you the Mancs have always defended the indefensible, that's whey their know by true football fans as scum
Old 10-04-2011, 10:09   #618
Senior Member+

Quote:
Also got the winning habit with his football teams - even before United.

Wyn, they come from all over the world on one of the hospitality packages - I can't afford one.

I really do hope that Stanley are successful and then in another year we will be able to see Stanley beating Rovers - either in the Championship or in League 1 - but if Rovers go into free-fall they could easily be in the league below Stanley
The prospect of both Rovers and Burnley in the championship, and Stanley in the first division is an interesting one. It would certainly not do Stanley's gates any arm in my opinion.It probably won't happen though.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 16:34   #619
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
The prospect of both Rovers and Burnley in the championship, and Stanley in the first division is an interesting one. It would certainly not do Stanley's gates any arm in my opinion.It probably won't happen though.
I was thinking more of Rovers going into free-fall and joining Stanley in Division 1 in a couple of seasons time
Old 11-04-2011, 17:52   #620
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I was thinking more of Rovers going into free-fall and joining Stanley in Division 1 in a couple of seasons time
************************************************** ****** off
Old 11-04-2011, 20:11   #621
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Well, well, well ! At long last some return for the investment in Carroll (2 Goals tonight) & the Flying Dutchman Kuyt on the money again 3 up at HT, nice, let's have some more second half !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 21:11   #622
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

So a comfortable 3-0 against Manky City, I can live with that.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:22   #623
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
So a comfortable 3-0 against Manky City, I can live with that.
Great result for your lot DinG, a late surge? It has also given the Council house Tenants possible problems for Saturday - can't understand how Balotelli was tactically substituted 7 minutes after going on???:????
It is great when other NW teams can score that many goals - pity they can't all do it
Old 12-04-2011, 09:00   #624
Resting in Peace

I still think the third goal last night was an OG, and not Carrol
Old 12-04-2011, 18:34   #625
God Member

Lucky enough to be sat in the Anny Road last night to watch a team click big time.

Suarez is a class apart and is already a big Kop Hero but this lad has the credentials and the tricks to be the best in the Premiership alongside Carroll Liverpool next season with a bit of strenghening in defence have a real chance of pushing on to challenge for honours.

A simple question who has the bigger re-building job in the Summer United or Liverpool?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2011, 09:00   #626
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Lucky enough to be sat in the Anny Road last night to watch a team click big time.

Suarez is a class apart and is already a big Kop Hero but this lad has the credentials and the tricks to be the best in the Premiership alongside Carroll Liverpool next season with a bit of strenghening in defence have a real chance of pushing on to challenge for honours.

A simple question who has the bigger re-building job in the Summer United or Liverpool?
The reason United have looked so good is by default, Arsenal blow hot and cold, Chelski, cocked up big style when they sacked Wilkins, everything went belly up after that, City for all their money do not play as a team, Liverpool made a big mistake when they appointed Hodson, they'd have been better keeping the fat waiter, Spurs were never going to be good enough and to Me those are the only clubs in with any realistic chance of winning the Prem.
Old 13-04-2011, 09:06   #627
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The reason United have looked so good is by default, Arsenal blow hot and cold, Chelski, cocked up big style when they sacked Wilkins, everything went belly up after that, City for all their money do not play as a team, Liverpool made a big mistake when they appointed Hodson, they'd have been better keeping the fat waiter, Spurs were never going to be good enough and to Me those are the only clubs in with any realistic chance of winning the Prem.

I've seen some long winded explanations of why one team are the best in the league ( ie they have more points than anybody else ), that has to be up with best
Old 13-04-2011, 09:09   #628
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I've seen some long winded explanations of why one team are the best in the league ( ie they have more points than anybody else ), that has to be up with best
But if you care to check the points total by the top team is well of what the norm is at this stage of the season, meaning nobodies playing to their full potential, certainly United aren't, in comparison to other seasons their away form is terrible.
Old 13-04-2011, 20:04   #629
Senior Member+

I have to admit that we are playing crap, so far below the standard which has become the norm since the formation of the Premier League - few glitches on the way when one or other team has excelled themselves for a short time.
However, if we are playing crap and are still top of the league, FA Cup and European Championship semi-finalists, then the other teams are even crappier, especially the local team that is dicing with relegation from the Premiership
Stanley trying hard for the playoffs, Scousers making a late surge - well they have won the last match, but Rovers hoping that other teams slip up and allow them to stay in the Premiership - will the owners chicken out if they get relegated
Old 13-04-2011, 22:19   #630
God Member

I don't see how a team that comes back from 2-0 down at West Ham and wins 2-4..beats Chelsea at Stamford Bridge ..beats Fulham and then beats Chelsea again can be playing crap!.. must be me
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..