Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2011, 09:07   #571
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Liverpool road to the title 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
They'll have to cut the prawn butties out Alan
That's Chelski, the Mancs are commoners, salt of the earth working class lads, for them it's Cods roe,(poor mans caviar) by the bucket Jay from the chippy down the road. Oh & fish pie for Rooney as he's commoner than most & doesn't like posh nosh !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2011, 09:31   #572
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
That's Chelski, the Mancs are commoners, salt of the earth working class lads, for them it's Cods roe,(poor mans caviar) by the bucket Jay from the chippy down the road. Oh & fish pie for Rooney as he's commoner than most & doesn't like posh nosh !
I don't know about that Dave their beloved Keano got it right years ago, anyway whats this about northern lads, the FA were please when United and City were drawn together in the cup semi's, saves a problem of two sets of fans both travelling down south at the same time
Old 23-03-2011, 20:19   #573
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I wouldn't bank on it Mancie, we'll have a TV presence other than just against Manc U & as to Carroll, we'll whip his arse into shape along the way so that just maybe he'll get to be a half decent player.
Like you did with Torres? I'm back.
Love & kisses to all
Old 23-03-2011, 20:34   #574
Senior Member+

Quote:
I don't know about that Dave their beloved Keano got it right years ago, anyway whats this about northern lads, the FA were please when United and City were drawn together in the cup semi's, saves a problem of two sets of fans both travelling down south at the same time
Are Rovers going to continue with the mediocre gates if they get relegated this season - only 1 point above the relegation zone. Never mind Jay, they will soon be in the same league as Stanley
Old 24-03-2011, 06:39   #575
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Are Rovers going to continue with the mediocre gates if they get relegated this season - only 1 point above the relegation zone. Never mind Jay, they will soon be in the same league as Stanley
Well The Manc gates arn't swelled with you and that berk from London
Old 25-03-2011, 19:54   #576
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well The Manc gates arn't swelled with you and that berk from London
Simply because you can't buy a ticket at the gate - only from touts.
The Theatre of Dreams is filled to capacity for every home game - think Anfield is as well, but doubt that Ewood Park gets capacity crowds. That only happens when United come to town - who played at Ewood for your biggest gate last season Jay?
Old 26-03-2011, 08:31   #577
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Simply because you can't buy a ticket at the gate - only from touts.
The Theatre of Dreams is filled to capacity for every home game - think Anfield is as well, but doubt that Ewood Park gets capacity crowds. That only happens when United come to town - who played at Ewood for your biggest gate last season Jay?
Well the reason Rovers don't always get capacity (average 25000)is because of all the plastic manc trophy hunters
Old 26-03-2011, 17:22   #578
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well the reason Rovers don't always get capacity (average 25000)is because of all the plastic manc trophy hunters
More likely that they want to watch an attractive match, with everyone trying to beat the Creme de la Creme rather than the mediocre lot at Ewood, who all too often roll over. You don't get capacity crowds because you are a poor team and the spectators don't stay away to go to the Theatre because you have previously said that all United's crowd comes from London
Old 26-03-2011, 20:35   #579
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
More likely that they want to watch an attractive match, with everyone trying to beat the Creme de la Creme rather than the mediocre lot at Ewood, who all too often roll over. You don't get capacity crowds because you are a poor team and the spectators don't stay away to go to the Theatre because you have previously said that all United's crowd comes from London
Nah yer wrong, anywhere bar Manchester, most mancunians i know or met are "City Fans" Fact.
Old 26-03-2011, 21:02   #580
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Nah yer wrong, anywhere bar Manchester, most mancunians i know or met are "City Fans" Fact.
Then again most of Man Utd supporters live around or come from Lanc's and the north west.. it would be silly to imagine they all live or were born in Manchester... same as all the many Rovers fans I've known were not born or even lived in blackburn.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2011, 21:32   #581
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Then again most of Man Utd supporters live around or come from Lanc's and the north west.. it would be silly to imagine they all live or were born in Manchester... same as all the many Rovers fans I've known were not born or even lived in blackburn.
it would be even sillier to say most come from Lancs or North west also, i wouldn't presume to know the answer to that un, but then i aint looking fer n excuse.
Old 26-03-2011, 23:10   #582
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
it would be even sillier to say most come from Lancs or North west also, i wouldn't presume to know the answer to that un, but then i aint looking fer n excuse.
.. no exuses from me ..I don't mind being called a "plastic manc" because I'm not from Manchester.. but I'm not a plastic or prawn sandwich supporter .. I support a team who's ground you can reach in an hour from Accy.. all this kak about Rovers or Burnley being the only "local" teams is rubbish.. Accy Stan maybe!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2011, 10:04   #583
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
.. no exuses from me ..I don't mind being called a "plastic manc" because I'm not from Manchester.. but I'm not a plastic or prawn sandwich supporter .. I support a team who's ground you can reach in an hour from Accy.. all this kak about Rovers or Burnley being the only "local" teams is rubbish.. Accy Stan maybe!
Plastic Mancs...plastic Scousers (DiG excepted)...plastic Blackburners...plastic Dingles...yer all plastic...apart from us Stanley fans!

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 27-03-2011 at 10:08.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2011, 10:23   #584
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Plastic Mancs...plastic Scousers (DiG excepted)...plastic Blackburners...plastic Dingles...yer all plastic...apart from us Stanley fans!
Ah well you've only just been reinvented, you've still got the bubble wrap on
Old 02-04-2011, 19:23   #585
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ah well you've only just been reinvented, you've still got the bubble wrap on
And about to get nose bleeds getting so high in the league

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..