Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Signings (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/signings-69148.html)

st06nc2 06-05-2017 18:57

Signings

Coley already has 1 new addition to be announced next week, he wants a further 6 on top of that

Twenty Eight 06-05-2017 19:53

Re: Signings

Which means 6 minimum out ?

st06nc2 06-05-2017 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1193735)
Which means 6 minimum out ?

Well 4 loanees gone plus paddy that's 5 spaces to fill

st06nc2 06-05-2017 19:56

Can't see the likes of wall and Hewitt staying either

AccyMad 06-05-2017 20:50

Didn't we ship Luke Wall out mid season? Wonder if the addition Coley talked about is an existing player who's out of contract or a brand new prospect? Never known us to sign someone during the last week of the season, we don't usually start adding to the squad before 1st July or we have to pay their wages through the summer so must be a good signing - excited already :)

st06nc2 06-05-2017 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1193744)
Didn't we ship Luke Wall out mid season? Wonder if the addition Coley talked about is an existing player who's out of contract or a brand new prospect? Never known us to sign someone during the last week of the season, we don't usually start adding to the squad before 1st July or we have to pay their wages through the summer so must be a good signing - excited already :)

Post match interview he say new addition so must be a new signing

st06nc2 06-05-2017 20:56

On beckles Twitter he says No worries we'll take it into next season, when speaking about current form, so could mean he is staying with us

DAV007 06-05-2017 20:56

I was told today Hewitt has an offer to go back to Chester if he so wishes.

Dav1d 07-05-2017 09:46

https://www.youtube.com/embed/nbjgG0p9o9c

The interview with coley after the game, says he's already made a new signing and announced as always 'next week'

st06nc2 07-05-2017 10:52

Afew rumours suggesting it's mr rodak signing for us next year

cashman 07-05-2017 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1193776)
Afew rumours suggesting it's mr rodak signing for us next year

lets hope rumours become fact.

Twenty Eight 07-05-2017 14:35

Now that would be a result.

baldy 07-05-2017 20:17

Luke Wall has been at Clitheroe...not sure if that's a loan!

LongLostSon 07-05-2017 20:35

Being an 'exile' dahn sarf I hardly saw this lad - but what do you all think about Podge who may not fancy going down a league with 'pool ?

cashman 07-05-2017 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongLostSon (Post 1193814)
Being an 'exile' dahn sarf I hardly saw this lad - but what do you all think about Podge who may not fancy going down a league with 'pool ?

was a good lad, but if we want to progress not for me.

baldy 07-05-2017 20:49

Signed on for next season...Who would you offer contracts to?

Aaron Chapman - Signed until 2018
Elliot Parish - Last summer signed 1 year deal with option of another year

Matty Pearson - Signed until 2018
Mark Hughes - Out of contract
Omar Beckles - Option to extend for 1 more year
Janoi Donacien - Out of contract
Ross Sykes - Signed until 2018

Arron Davies - Out of contract
Scott Brown - Signed until 2018
Seamus Conneely - Signed until 2018
Steven Hewitt - Out of contract
Rommy Boco - Out of contract
Sean McConville - Signed until 2018
Jordan Clark - Out of contract
Brayden Shaw - Out of contract
Luke Wall - Out of contract

Shay McCartan - Signed until 2018
Billy Kee - Signed until 2018
Terry Gornell - Signed until 2018
Nathan Webb - Out of contract

Revived Red 07-05-2017 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongLostSon (Post 1193814)

Definitely not.

cashman 07-05-2017 20:54

Don, Beckles,Clark defo would offer contracts to. doubt if all those would stay though.

baldy 07-05-2017 21:33

Just noticed Tom Aldred is out of contract this summer.

If Matty does go...?

DAV007 07-05-2017 22:01

I would move on Terry Gornell

Both for our sake and his sake. He needs to be playing regular and I assume takes up a decent wage.

st06nc2 08-05-2017 05:50

Parish, Davies, Hewitt, shaw and wall can all go, if we kept the rest we'd have a really good core squad for next year, probably Offer boco more of a coaching role

Twenty Eight 08-05-2017 09:05

Depends how you define "out of contact"
The club has one year options on some.

Twenty Eight 08-05-2017 09:06

Baldy
Clark has a one year option. Up to the club.

Exile on Spencer St 08-05-2017 09:28

Of those "out of contract" in the list above, and in the absence of a better option as a replacement (Tom Aldred would be one!), I'd like to see Hughes, Donacien and Clark back next year.
I really hope that this is the first season for some time that Messrs Coleman and Bell don't have to spend the first 20 games figuring out who their best team is.

baldy 08-05-2017 11:04

I think that's why Coley has already signed a player!

We can now get players in early rather than waiting until a week before the season to pick whoevers left up!

Get a strong pre season in and who knows what we can do next season!

Twenty Eight 08-05-2017 11:07

Don't know if Clark is classed as a signing but he's staying.

st06nc2 08-05-2017 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1193846)
Don't know if Clark is classed as a signing but he's staying.

Where have you heard this

choirboy 08-05-2017 12:13

Signed on for next season...Who would you offer contracts to?

I would offer these players TWO year contracts now;
Mark Hughes - Out of contract
Omar Beckles - Option to extend for 1 more year
Janoi Donacien - Out of contract
Jordan Clark - Out of contract

I would offer these players ONE year contracts now;
Rommy Boco - Out of contract
Arron Davies - Out of contract
Steven Hewitt - Out of contract
Brayden Shaw - Out of contract

I would also try to sign some of our loanees from this season;
Rodak
Rodgers
Edwards

If we cannot sign Rodak we would need another No 1 goalkeeper signed on

Aaron Chapman - Signed until 2018
Matty Pearson - Signed until 2018
Ross Sykes - Signed until 2018
Scott Brown - Signed until 2018
Seamus Conneely - Signed until 2018
Sean McConville - Signed until 2018
Shay McCartan - Signed until 2018
Billy Kee - Signed until 2018
Terry Gornell - Signed until 2018

If Pearson leaves it should only be for a very good fee.
If any other club shows interest in Gornell, Brown and Sykes then I would release them preferably for a 'realistic' fee or even free.

There is the basis here for building our best squad yet what with Coley's new signing and if 5 or 6 more good lads are also signed on.

Really looking forward to next season with a squad prepared early and hitting the ground running!
I really hope that we can keep Matty Pearson!
ON STANLEY ON
:mosher:

Chrisr 08-05-2017 12:49

Mark Hughes Needed as a good defender.
Janoi Donacien Better playing in a forward role. well worth keeping

Arron Davies Worth keeping

Steven Hewitt - Out of contract ? Not getting enough first team football. He could be a good asset. But would he want to stay?
Rommy Boco - Out of contract? If he wants to stay, as has been suggested maybe a coaching role.

Jordan Clark - Out of contract I would offer a new contract
Brayden Shaw - Out of contract? Again not had enough consistent football to be given fair judgement
Nathan Webb - Out of contract? Never kicked a ball for the first team, he should have been out on loan on day one. He has a lot to offer but for the future. These are just the out of contract players I would offer a contract to.

widnes viking 08-05-2017 13:26

Did hear that Rogers may well be staying at Stanley

st06nc2 08-05-2017 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by widnes viking (Post 1193859)
Did hear that Rogers may well be staying at Stanley

Really doubt that

Inspector Morse 08-05-2017 14:57

[

Nathan Webb - Out of contract? Never kicked a ball for the first team..

.. apart from 30 mins (out of his depth) against Crewe. One for the future maybe, but last season he was not ready for the first team.

baldy 08-05-2017 15:55

I disagree Choirboy, I've seen Ross Sykes (and Reagan Ogle) a few times and they've both looked good and ones for the future, I'd have no problems Ross stepping into the first team to cover injuries and will be relatively low wages!

I'm not sure about Hewitt and Davies...I'd rather Coley try and sign a Crooks type player who can drive us forward whilst Conneelly does all the dirty work!

Chrisr 08-05-2017 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Morse (Post 1193865)
[

Nathan Webb - Out of contract? Never kicked a ball for the first team..

.. apart from 30 mins (out of his depth) against Crewe. One for the future maybe, but last season he was not ready for the first team.

I was not at the crew match, However the youngster needed to be out on loan to get the experience he needs to play for the first team. You can't just put a young lad on for 30 mins and expect anything. I hope they can find him a club to help build up his confidence and experience. I would think John Coleman has some serious decisions to make over the summer. If Mark Hughes does not stay for any reason I would plum for a Buxton return. I do hope Mark does stay he was a warrior in defence this season.

Twenty Eight 08-05-2017 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1193849)
Where have you heard this

Why does that matter ?
Stanley have taken up the option and hes staying - unless of course someone comes in with an offer the club choose to accept.

st06nc2 08-05-2017 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1193875)
Why does that matter ?
Stanley have taken up the option and hes staying - unless of course someone comes in with an offer the club choose to accept.

Well if it's from a credible source I'll believe it but until then I'll wait for something official

Exile on Spencer St 08-05-2017 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1193872)
....I've seen Ross Sykes (and Reagan Ogle) a few times and they've both looked good and ones for the future....I'm not sure about Hewitt and Davies...I'd rather Coley try and sign a Crooks type player who can drive us forward whilst Conneelly does all the dirty work!

Agree totally, Baldy.

Twenty Eight 08-05-2017 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1193879)
Well if it's from a credible source I'll believe it but until then I'll wait for something official

Let's have a bet - you buy me a coffee at the home end first match of the season if its true.
If its not I'll buy you two beers.

st06nc2 08-05-2017 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1193885)
Let's have a bet - you buy me a coffee at the home end first match of the season if its true.
If its not I'll buy you two beers.

I'm a recovering alcoholic so no thanks 😂

Twenty Eight 08-05-2017 17:08

Two coffees then to my one.
I don't drink much either.

st06nc2 08-05-2017 17:33

Don't know if Clarke has said he's going to sign but look at bucko last year, he said he was going to sign then buggered off

Twenty Eight 08-05-2017 20:10

You dont understand how options work do you ?
If the club takes up the option the player can only move on for a fee.
Stanly have taken up the option so Clark stays for another year unless the club accepts an offer for him.

DAV007 08-05-2017 20:27

Terry Gornell wanted by AFC Flyde

nige b 08-05-2017 20:35

according to whom?

st06nc2 08-05-2017 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1193910)
You dont understand how options work do you ?
If the club takes up the option the player can only move on for a fee.
Stanly have taken up the option so Clark stays for another year unless the club accepts an offer for him.

Wasn't sure if it was the club that had the option or the player

Exile on Spencer St 08-05-2017 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1193912)
Terry Gornell wanted by AFC Flyde

Hope so as, from what I've seen, his skills offer little to Stanley.

DAV007 08-05-2017 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by nige b (Post 1193913)
according to whom?

An AFC flyde fan on the non league forum

st06nc2 15-05-2017 09:01

John Coleman has completed the signing of @southport_fc midfielder Liam Nolan for an undisclosed fee accringtonstanley.co.uk/2017/05/nolan-…

st06nc2 15-05-2017 09:03

As part of the deal, Stanley will travel to Southport on July 29th.

Lord Stiffupperlip 15-05-2017 09:27

Looks like a promising young addition to the squad + a nice day out at 'Scouseport' into the bargain.
The silence regarding the future (if any?) of loanee's Rodak, Rodgers & Edwards has become deafening.

AccyMad 15-05-2017 09:46

I'm presuming this lad is the addition Coley spoke about last week, strange to sign anyone at this time of year as we'll now have to pay him through the summer so he must have something special for us to snap him up.
Trip to Southport'll be good - haven't been there in a while, can start planning already for the friendlies - now what time are the trains . . . . . . :)

st06nc2 15-05-2017 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1194241)
I'm presuming this lad is the addition Coley spoke about last week, strange to sign anyone at this time of year as we'll now have to pay him through the summer so he must have something special for us to snap him up.
Trip to Southport'll be good - haven't been there in a while, can start planning already for the friendlies - now what time are the trains . . . . . . :)

Coley wanted him in January and as we've paid a fee for him he must be something special

smudgie 15-05-2017 10:11

Interesting to see we have paid a "fee" , whatever that maybe.

Can't remember many of those over the years, apart from the prodigal son (twice) and Ian Craney.

Exile on Spencer St 15-05-2017 11:08

Blimey! Never thought I'd see Professor Coleman sign a midfield Scouser...who's over 6' tall !!! Now that is something new to look forward to.;) Hope the lad shows us what he can do.

cashman 15-05-2017 11:19

What seems odd about this to me, is us actually signing someone, yet only on a 1 year contract,with an option.:confused: looks to me like J.C. aint that convinced?:confused:

Inspector Morse 15-05-2017 11:31

The option is just the club being prudent. Why commit to 2 years when you can agree a deal for 1? A lot can happen in 12months beyond the players ability both in respect of the player and club. For example he might not be good enough for league one in 12months time.

Anyone any idea to his playing style?

Lord Didsbury 15-05-2017 12:10

Lord Stiff - won't the loanees just have gone back to their clubs without there needing anything to be said?

monkey hanger 15-05-2017 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1194243)
Coley wanted him in January and as we've paid a fee for him he must be something special

as all new signings lets just wait and see.

Lord Didsbury 15-05-2017 12:22

Lord Stiff - also note that Edwards has returned and played for Hull Academy. He thanked Accy on twitter and said "it's been an experience". Harvey also said his goodbyes there too.
Don't know about Jeff - couldn't find him on twitte.

Exile on Spencer St 15-05-2017 12:26

The few posts on the Souhport fans' forum (they seem to have slightly more issues to worry about right now than the transfer of one player) about Mr. Nolan all say he is a good player, plays better around good players, has played in several positions, and wishing him well.

Lord Stiffupperlip 15-05-2017 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1194263)
Lord Stiff - also note that Edwards has returned and played for Hull Academy. He thanked Accy on twitter and said "it's been an experience". Harvey also said his goodbyes there too.
Don't know about Jeff - couldn't find him on twitter.

Lord D, I doff my cap to your superior expertise of the 'Twittersphere'.
I think we all hoped that JC might be able to extend their loans into next season, but it sounds like a forlorn hope.
Talking of expertise, I trust you are not the one who has been attempting to bribe the NHS with demands for bitcoins to unblock their drains?
If we suddenly sign Rodak & Rodgers on 3 year deals, I'll know it was you!

cashman 15-05-2017 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Morse (Post 1194256)
The option is just the club being prudent. Why commit to 2 years when you can agree a deal for 1? A lot can happen in 12months beyond the players ability both in respect of the player and club. For example he might not be good enough for league one in 12months time.

Anyone any idea to his playing style?

Signing someone now when yeh gotta pay em in close season is prudent?

cashman 15-05-2017 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1194271)

That apart can only wish the lad well.

Inspector Morse 15-05-2017 13:46

Maybe he's doing odd jobs round the place over summer.

Chrisr 15-05-2017 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1194263)
Don't know about Jeff - couldn't find him on twitte.

I don't think Edwards got a fair chance at Accy, I hope Harvey can be coaxed into coming to us next season, He is one player the club should splash out on.

mab 15-05-2017 22:03

Good signing and one for the future me thinks :) although someone on the telegraph comments page doesn't seem to think so :(
Quote:

So we sign a scouser from a nonleague team that has Coleman connections, worked out well with Paddy Lacey last season didn’t it? Also we spent money on him, regardless of if it’s just a nominal fee it is a waste.
We all know the team week in, week out regardless of form, fitness or results barring injury or suspensions will be: New/loan netter, Pearson (if we can keep him), Hughes, Beckles, Donacien, McConville, Conneely, Brown, Clark, McCarten, Kee.
Holt doesn’t have limitless funds, look at wages that went to nothing last year, it doesn’t matter how little they were on, for the limited chances they were given it adds up, Wall, Hazeldine (not given a fair chance for all the management talked him up), Hewitt, Eagles (again Port Vale got a tune out of him at a higher level), Gary Taylor Fletcher, Hery, Parish, Chapman, McKeown, not to mention the wasted loans Jones, Edwards, O’Sullivan (just hampered Clark’s progress when all is said and done).
Fair play to McCarten for International recognition but the sad truth is while it may raise the profile of the club and his market value a bit teams in our league play during International breaks so we will be without one of our better perfumers for up to eight matches the coming season.
can't please everyone :rolleyes:

AccyMad 16-05-2017 05:58

That bloke in the LT never has anything positive to say about Stanley, reckons to be a fan but most of his comments sound like he has a personal vendetta against Coley - I've stopped reading the tripe he comes out with - although I didn't know Shay has a sideline in ladies fragrances :rolleyes:

monkey hanger 16-05-2017 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisr (Post 1194337)
I don't think Edwards got a fair chance at Accy, I hope Harvey can be coaxed into coming to us next season, He is one player the club should splash out on.

is he still under contract at hull for next season and if so will he be anywhere near the first team squad. if they rate him there more of a chance of him being loaned out to a div.1 club for extra experiance as with o,sullivan a few years ago.

baldy 16-05-2017 11:26

Quote:

Or leave it until August and risk him being snapped up by another club?

cashman 16-05-2017 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1194364)
Or leave it until August and risk him being snapped up by another club?

Thats ok if yeh got the funds, are we well off or summat now? Even Arsenal declared they are making a signature in August.

st06nc2 18-05-2017 09:27

Quote:

Technically the window doesn't open while 1st July so for now he is still a southport player thus they will pay his wages till 1st when he can officially sign for us, if it was a freebie we would pay his wages as they're allowed out of the window but as we've paid for him it will not go through until the window opens

cashman 18-05-2017 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1194444)
Technically the window doesn't open while 1st July so for now he is still a southport player thus they will pay his wages till 1st when he can officially sign for us, if it was a freebie we would pay his wages as they're allowed out of the window but as we've paid for him it will not go through until the window opens

Cheers fer that, i had no idea of that.

Twenty Eight 18-05-2017 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1194444)

Southport don't pay their players out of season.

st06nc2 18-05-2017 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1194484)
Southport don't pay their players out of season.

Due to them been part time yes but it still doesn't change matters, his contract with us does not begin whilst 1st July that's when we start paying him

DAV007 18-05-2017 18:42

Peter Murphy wanted by Tranmere

They hope to get him on part time terms to help with his injury (it's on the Tranmere forum)

He scored a good few goals but I never rated him

cashman 18-05-2017 19:02

I was never a big Murph fan either, but can only wish him well.

Twenty Eight 19-05-2017 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1194487)
Due to them been part time yes but it still doesn't change matters, his contract with us does not begin whilst 1st July that's when we start paying him

With respect you said Southport would pay him until 1 July.
No they won't.
Maybe Accy have dropped him a "signing on" fee to help him out until 1 July ..............

DAV007 19-05-2017 15:41

Any truth in the rumour that Coley has approached Stephen Warnock over a player/coach role so he can finish of his badges?

st06nc2 19-05-2017 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1194537)
Any truth in the rumour that Coley has approached Stephen Warnock over a player/coach role so he can finish of his badges?

Well he does like his Lancashire clubs and at 35 I doubt he wants to be upping sticks and moving down south somewhere

DAV007 19-05-2017 20:00

he wants to play another season but also wants to do his badges, we would be a good fit.

its on one of the wigan forums.

baldy 20-05-2017 10:56

Link...

st06nc2 20-05-2017 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1194582)
Link...

There isn't one its aload of tosh

DAV007 21-05-2017 09:27

It's on the fan forum

st06nc2 21-05-2017 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1194621)
It's on the fan forum

I've looked at the few fans forums they have and seen nothing

Exile on Spencer St 21-05-2017 12:43

Stanley to sign Ibrahimovitz.
You read it first on this fans' forum; it must be true.:rolleyes:

AccyMad 21-05-2017 13:56

He'd never get in the team ��

DAV007 21-05-2017 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1194634)
Stanley to sign Ibrahimovitz.

Never heard of him

cashman 21-05-2017 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1194658)
Never heard of him

Well he wasn't a scouser.:D

st06nc2 24-05-2017 12:35

Rodgers and Edwards offered new hull contracts, noticed afew clubs in our league making plenty of signings, Mansfield are up to 6 signings already

monkey hanger 25-05-2017 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1194827)
Rodgers and Edwards offered new hull contracts, noticed afew clubs in our league making plenty of signings, Mansfield are up to 6 signings already

season doesn,t start till august and we,re not even in june yet. plenty of time to go for me.

Twenty Eight 25-05-2017 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1194827)

It's 10 actually.

st06nc2 25-05-2017 13:07

Jabo ibhere to leave Carlisle, 14 goals this year not bad for a 34 year old

monkey hanger 26-05-2017 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1194868)
It's 10 actually.

is fatty evans still there. with all the comings and goings it sounds like it.

Twenty Eight 26-05-2017 16:57

He is.
Got approached by Swindon but Mansfield refused him permission to speak to them.
He had his list in place three weeks before the end of the season.

st06nc2 26-05-2017 17:48

Ogle and zehn Mohammed have signed pro contracts with the club

Exile on Spencer St 26-05-2017 18:12

Good on them and the club. That answers my earlier question about what's happening with Mr.Ogle after seeing him warm up at Satanage.

monkey hanger 27-05-2017 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1194966)
He is.

He had his list in place three weeks before the end of the season.

and that,s just for the next seasons pies.

keep the faith 27-05-2017 11:36

What's the point of signing two new youngsters from the academy and then proceed to sit them on the bench all season, i.e. Ross Sykes.

DAV007 27-05-2017 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep the faith (Post 1195022)
What's the point of signing two new youngsters from the academy and then proceed to sit them on the bench all season, i.e. Ross Sykes.

We should play them every minute of every game even if they are not good enough and even if we sign better players.

Why don't you apply for the managers job keep the faith? :rolleyes:

cashman 27-05-2017 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1195026)
We should play them every minute of every game even if they are not good enough and even if we sign better players.

Why don't you apply for the managers job keep the faith? :rolleyes:

Thats not the point but yer too thick to see it.:rolleyes: if they are considered good enough to give a contract too, they must at least be given an opportunity,not promised they would be and then not, which happened last season.