Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2008, 22:20   #16
Junior Member+

Re: Bee's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
FUNNY THING IS WHAT I'VE BEEN TOLD ON THE DAY IS THAT THE MATCH DAY REF HAD AND SAY AGAIN HAD GIVEN THE GAME THE GO A HEAD AFTER HIS PITCH INSPECTION AND IT WAS YOU MANAGER WHO SAID HE DID'NT WANT THE GAME TO BE PLAYED BECAUSE HIS SIDE PLAYED ON THE FLOOR AND THAT THE PITCH WAS UNSUITABLE.SO I THINK QUESTIONS SHOULD BE ASKED AT YOUR END FIRST
What you've been told is rubbish. The match referee called the game off before our manager arrived at the ground.
Unhappy Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2008, 22:26   #17
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

[quote=Unhappy Bee;520173]These things happen when the weather suddenly changes for the worse and conditions deteriorate unexpectedly. The truth is that ASFC should have realised on Friday that the game couldn't proceed and saved Brentford fans the time and considerable expense of travelling. Instead they were adamant that there was no risk of the game being postponed. And again on Saturday morning they could have called the game off early. Stanley did not play this by the book and that is why people are annoyed.[/quo THE GAME SHOULD HAVE STARTED WITH THE AMOUNT OF AWAY FANS THAT HAD TRAVELED UP AT LEAST START THE GAME APLAY THE FIRST HALF SEE HOW THE PITCH STUD UP,WE WHERE ALSO DISSAPOINTED THAT THE GAME DIDNT GO AHEAD
Old 21-01-2008, 22:31   #18
God Member

You can't base the decision of a pitch being fit to play on by the number of away fans who turn up.
Old 21-01-2008, 22:32   #19
Junior Member+

From what I have been able to gather, the pitch was so bad that one of the touchlines was invisible due to the mud. How can a game be started when that is the case?
Old 21-01-2008, 22:32   #20
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhappy Bee View Post
What you've been told is rubbish. The match referee called the game off before our manager arrived at the ground.
IN THAT CASE WHY TURN UP AT THE GROUND THEN IN STEAD OF JUST TURNING ROUND AND GOING HOME
Old 21-01-2008, 22:35   #21
mab
God Member

Quote:
From what I have been able to gather, the pitch was so bad that one of the touchlines was invisible due to the mud. How can a game be started when that is the case?
HO YOU WER'NT AT STANLEY THEN ON SATURDAY
Old 21-01-2008, 22:40   #22
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
HO YOU WER'NT AT STANLEY THEN ON SATURDAY
I didn't go into the ground and look at the pitch, no. But plenty of Bees did.
Old 21-01-2008, 22:48   #23
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You can't base the decision of a pitch being fit to play on by the number of away fans who turn up.
YOUR RIGHT GTTING CARRIED AWAY.
Old 22-01-2008, 00:05   #24

If has been stated Stanley requested a pitch inspection by a Football League appointed referee and the pitch was passed fit and there was no further rainfall nor was any forecast then how can it be the fault of Stanley? I left home at 7.30am to go to the game and didn't get home until 11pm and the pitch looked reasonable enough to me compared to many of the games I've been to but as has been stated it is down to the matchday referee who could never have called it off in time for the Brentford fans if the pitch has been passed fit at 10am. Even if the complaint was with the referee who declared the pitch fit at 10am being influenced by Stanley it would only show he was not fit to referee as he must have known the consequences of his decision. I'm sure many of us have attended matches played on far worse pitches than that which only shows the inconsistency of officials. I was at a game in Paisley two weeks ago which was called off an hour before kick off and meant I had a 350 mile round trip for nothing but that was up to the official not either club so it's not unique to Brentford, in fact saturday was the third game in 11 days I had travelled to that was off so maybe it was my fault. Thank god yesterdays game in Inverness was OK!!
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 07:36   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
You should be asking why your club is run like a non-league outfit.

We do, frequently!!!

Could be something to do with the fact that 18 months ago we were a non-league outfit!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 08:28   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Haha, never heard that one before. You should be asking why your club is run like a non-league outfit.
Because we was a non league outfit a couple of years ago!

I think you should just get over this matter mate and move on. Its been and gone. These things will happen in football league and will for a long time, you where just very unlucky that you had come from a long way and the game was called off, this has got nothing to do with people on this forum, so why post and complain, what do you think we can do? We all wanted it on! and also where dissapointed. So like i said get over it because im sure alot of people on here have.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 08:35   #27

Weve played on worse before and we'll play on worse again. Ultimately it was the referee who called the game off and so the buck lies with him, not with ASFC.
Old 22-01-2008, 09:37   #28
God Member

I can really understand the Bees fans being annoyed - having said that a few I spoke to at the ground seemed ok about it - but the ones who tried to stop the ref leaving the car park, that is going over the top & what did they think that would achieve??
I know they'd travelled a long way but they weren't the only ones, some of the lads from our Irish supporters club had travelled over for the game. It was disappointing for everyone but not something the club can be held accountable for.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 09:40   #29
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
These things will happen in football league and will for a long time, you where just very unlucky that you had come from a long way and the game was called off,
I've been to several games that have been postponed at a very late hour, but this is the first time that it's happened when there wasn't a sudden deterioration in conditions just before the game. The fact is that the match should have been called off on Friday.
Old 22-01-2008, 10:59   #30
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I've been to several games that have been postponed at a very late hour, but this is the first time that it's happened when there wasn't a sudden deterioration in conditions just before the game. The fact is that the match should have been called off on Friday.
Why? What was the pitch like on Friday? Please tell me as you seem to know that it was unplayable, were you there on Friday to inspect the pitch?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..