Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2008, 12:26   #61
Junior Member+

Re: Bee's

As I've posted on earlier threads, I have a lot of affection for Stanley (having seen you lot around two dozen times blah blah blah) so it's with regret that this has all happened.

I think the gripe is, that lots of Bees fans were travelling and up until 2pm, your nice lady in the office said that there 'was no doubt that the game would be on' - I know I phoned her.

I stayed overnight, so my personal gripe isn't the 'should they or should they not have' called the game off at 10am, although this would have saved many trips by car. More so are the wrong facts about the matter -

1) I know Andy Scott the manager personally and he was desperate to have the game played. We are on a four match run of wins, have no game next Saturday because of the FA Cup, and was hoping to keep the momentum going..
2) The pitch on arrival (and I like to think I am a fair man) was far from unplayable. The middle from the centre spot to the away end goal (nice covered terrace now btw!) was thick mud, I saw the keepers coach trying to roll the ball and it wouldn't, but in any case the touchline by the side of the main stand was non existant, just a section of mud, no grass to be seen, no lines..
3) You cannot blame the referee - the blame I believe (or shall I say niaviety) is that Acrington didn't either call the game off on Friday or at least inform people that there would have to be an inspection in the morning..

As a Stanley fan I know who text me afterwards said 'the problem is that back in the Northern Premier days, games like this would have been played.. we forget that we are in the Football League now...'
Thorne In The Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-01-2008, 14:40   #62
God Member

Well the club rebuts the accusation made by Brentford & have made a statement on our site answers it all Accrington Stanley

So dont know why u insist on still bleating on about it

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 15:53   #63
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Well the club rebuts the accusation made by Brentford & have made a statement on our site answers it all Accrington Stanley

So dont know why u insist on still bleating on about it
And I only came on here to try and give a balanced case...

You believe what you want mate, thats about £15,000 you've lost in revenue because there won't be that number who will try again...however, I'm sure it will be more than the 37 you took to Peterboro'...
Old 23-01-2008, 16:13   #64
Junior Member+

Oh dear... looks like the Football League have been ringing round Brentford fans saying that 'they weren't aware of any 10am inspection...' Poor old Accy...they really need to get their story straight..
Old 23-01-2008, 16:27   #65
God Member

Oh dear i think u need to remove the thorn from your side!!

You've given yours & we've given our version of events & lets see if anything comes off it with the FL

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 16:51   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorne In The Side View Post
Oh dear... looks like the Football League have been ringing round Brentford fans saying that 'they weren't aware of any 10am inspection...' Poor old Accy...they really need to get their story straight..
oh well if the Football League are in Direct contact with Bees fans, that says it all, balanced view my arse.
Old 23-01-2008, 17:11   #67
God Member

if teh nice lady in the office at the Football League wasn't aware of any inspection then she needs sacking. Tinpot or what!

Why would we make an official statement that there had been a phone call, and a subsequent visit by FA appointed ref if we hadn't done that and knowing full well that there is to be an 'investigation' of sorts to follow.

I reckon we should make a subsequent statement to the effect that Brentford's forum should be careful what it allows to be published as our legal team are watching .......
Old 23-01-2008, 17:24   #68
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Why would we make an official statement that there had been a phone call, and a subsequent visit by FA appointed ref if we hadn't done that and knowing full well that there is to be an 'investigation' of sorts to follow.
I really do hope we made that phone call.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 18:48   #69
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
oh well if the Football League are in Direct contact with Bees fans, that says it all, balanced view my arse.
I think they are only answering the number of calls and e-mails from people who have complained...
Old 23-01-2008, 18:50   #70
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
if teh nice lady in the office at the Football League wasn't aware of any inspection then she needs sacking. Tinpot or what!

I said 'The nice Lady in YOUR office' dumbnuts..
Old 23-01-2008, 19:02   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I think they are only answering the number of calls and e-mails from people who have complained...
i'm damn sure they are. proving once again what whingers they are down that way, its common sense and decency to see what transpires AFTER an investigation, pity those requisites are absent with bees.
Old 23-01-2008, 19:18   #72
God Member

Quote:
and I said the nice lady in the FL office

and you wonder why our fans are responding like they do when you call people dumbnuts for no reason? Grow up and get a life ******
Old 23-01-2008, 19:18   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I really do hope we made that phone call.

Old 23-01-2008, 20:27   #74
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
not nice mate at all and i thought you said you had affection for stanley

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..