Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-01-2008, 11:07   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Bee's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhappy Bee View Post
I've been to several games that have been postponed at a very late hour, but this is the first time that it's happened when there wasn't a sudden deterioration in conditions just before the game. The fact is that the match should have been called off on Friday.
if i remember correctly it rained friday evening here, theres stanley fans travel as far as you, stop whinging n move on.
Old 22-01-2008, 14:46   #32
God Member

Lets sue the gods for making it rain

One of those things which wasn't good for either side just the same sods law it is, move on its football

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 15:35   #33

None of us are complaining about the decision to call it off. What we're unhappy about is Accrington's apparent failure to comply with League protocol.

This is what you should have done

Bury - Game in Doubt
Bury - Game On

Bradford - Game in Doubt
Bradford - Game On

Yes that game can be called off still however Bury informed the Football League of a potential problem as well as notifying Bradford City. They got the match referee to inspect the pitch early and the match referee has said that as long as there is no more rain then the match will go ahead.

You didn't do any of that. You kept on saying the game was on. You apparently got a local referee in to do the inspection who for some reason passed it and despite there being no further rain the match referee made the correct decision to call it off. What you should have done was do what Bury did.
Another Unhappy Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 15:42   #34
God Member

And?????????? we did notify the pitch was to be inspected & then when was passed - again it still comes down to the referee of the match at the end of the day, Bury's may of been in worser condition than ours, how do we know for sure??

At the end of the day ASFC did what they could & was down to the refs desicion - sorry what more do u want? Arguing about the toss isn't solving anything again comes down to the gods

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 15:52   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
And?????????? we did notify the pitch was to be inspected & then when was passed - again it still comes down to the referee of the match at the end of the day, Bury's may of been in worser condition than ours, how do we know for sure??

At the end of the day ASFC did what they could & was down to the refs desicion - sorry what more do u want? Arguing about the toss isn't solving anything again comes down to the gods

Actually from the e-mail I received you weren't "expecting any problems" You're supposed to get the match referee to inspect the pitch which is what you failed to do. You also failed to notify any of us that there was even to be a pitch inspection.
Another Unhappy Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 17:00   #36
God Member

The match referee failed to arrive early enough to properly inspect the pitch so Stanley got another ref in to give his judgment. Initiative?

The blame should be put squarely upon the match referee, due to his lack of nouse to get to the ground early, despite the pitch concerns all week.

These things happen. People from our club are frustrated at the postponement and apologetic towards your traveling fans.
I don't believe you have any right to accuse our club of anything. You should be apologising for your fans' behaviour in the car park - it was idiotic.

...in my humble.

Last edited by shakermaker; 22-01-2008 at 17:03.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 17:13   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
The blame should be put squarely upon the match referee, due to his lack of nouse to get to the ground early, despite the pitch concerns all week.

He would turn up early if requested to do so. The club reported no pitch problems on Friday, and if that's the official line then that would be what was passed on to the referee, otherwsie he would have been told by the league to to turn up earlier or even the night before.

This will keep going round in circles because at the end of the day nobody knows anymore facts than those published. From the facts published then there have been no rules broken, apart from possibly failing to notify the away team an inspection was called on Saturday morning ( thats if the Brentofrd chairman is correct ).
Old 22-01-2008, 18:36   #38
Junior Member+

It's quite plain that ASFC did not follow the accepted protocol - the bleatings of their supporters here only make me more convinced that tin-pot non-league outfits should not be allowed in the league.
Unhappy Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 18:44   #39
God Member

Quote:
only make me more convinced that tin-pot non-league outfits should not be allowed in the league.
Considering both clubs are in the same division I don't really think you can continue with the superior club attitude
Old 22-01-2008, 18:44   #40
Full Member+

Quote:
It's quite plain that ASFC did not follow the accepted protocol - the bleatings of their supporters here only make me more convinced that tin-pot non-league outfits should not be allowed in the league.
Well whats brentford still doing in the league then?
Old 22-01-2008, 18:45   #41
God Member

Quote:
and likewise the whinings of wannabe big-boys should serve to remind you that you are now in the basement league.

Whilst you are clearly quite horrified to be in this league and visit tinpot grounds such as ours we are more than happy to be here. Have you ever been to Holker St?
Old 22-01-2008, 18:53   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
i just swatted ya, to put ya out yer misery unhappy one.
Old 22-01-2008, 19:06   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
I think you got above this tin-pot non-league outfit for the first time this season the weekend before last ? You might just discover the true joys of non-league sooner than you think .

I was feeling sorry for the travelling Bees but given the bleating (buzzing ?) of their self-appointed spokesmen on here, I'm beginning to get over it.
Old 22-01-2008, 19:43   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post

I was feeling sorry for the travelling Bees but given the bleating (buzzing ?) of their self-appointed spokesmen on here, I'm beginning to get over it.
i felt genuinly sorry for the fans who travelled up,but to be still whining today, the prat managed to dissolve that sympathy, if the bee wants to carry on bleating i suggest it rings the "Samaritans" they are very good at that sort of thing.
Old 22-01-2008, 20:12   #45
Senior Member+

Looks like Eric may have to call on Mr Bean again:

BEES FUMING OVER STANLEY PITCH FARCE | Football Transfer News, Football News, Fixtures, Results, Match Reports, Stats

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..