Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-01-2008, 20:25   #46
God Member

Re: Bee's

Waterlogged pitch my arse!! Muddy in parts yes!

& isn't Eric on about a reduced gate fee anyway me thinks they are making a big deal over nowt moaning for moaning sake without much of the facts either, welcome to the tinpot shut up & get on with it, its league 2 not the Ritz

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-01-2008, 20:28   #47
God Member

I don't usually post here, but, I can clarify the friday nights weather, my drive has been dug out for block paving, saturday morning it was 10" deep with water when it bucketed down at 3.15am, at which point I was stood having a smoke on the doorstep! (heartburn from my indian curry tea!!).
Old 22-01-2008, 20:30   #48
God Member

Our resident pitch nosier bananaman said the covers were on fri - certainly on the parts thats in question, tho they may not accounted for the gusty winds later that eve that may have pushed water under the lap overs only my thoughts.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 22-01-2008, 20:53   #49
WBB

The thing everyone is miffed about is the constant "no problems, no problems" all week, and even the chance of calling it off at 10.00 on the Saturday would have helped.

Aside from this, all the Accy supporters I spoke to on Saturday were sympathetic, and hospitable.

I've posted the same on our site;but don't let this slanging match get out of hand.

I'd like to think your travelling fans will get the same hospitable welcome we got, and no animosity.

Your managers don't give a **** type attitude about travelling fans when interviewed leaves him open to a warm reception on his walk to the dug out though!
WBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 21:00   #50

you can say what ever you like unhappy bee but a lot of work had been put into that pitch the covers had been put on and the grounds man and a lot of A.S.F.C staff were helping to work on the pitch all week including the day of the match and the fa did get a ref to inspect the pitch and he said it was play able but the reason why the club got the fa to appoint a ref to look at the pitch was to stop a waited journey from you bee fans as we knew there was a lot of fans coming travelling a long journey and the club cannot help the weather. I work at the club on a match day and if there is anyone the fa should be looking at is your fans acting the way you did charging at the stewards who are only there to ensure all safety in and around the ground at the end of the day it is one of those things it happens and it happens to other clubs including us. The ref in the morning was different to the match ref and the match ref has the last say also I am a qualified ref and that match was never going to happen as if the match would have been played the ref wouldn’t have been insured on his liability and the ref could have been open to being liable if a player was injured.
Old 22-01-2008, 21:04   #51
God Member

Thanks WBB, cant fault the brentford lads that came into the clubhouse, least to get some complimentary free pie & peas down before the journey back, got to see some of our worse pitches over our history hehehehehe as the supporters club had their launch that day, typically the only day our match gets called off.

Till the facts of the matter come through then its only speculation on either side & we're all gonna defend our own goal posts, more than our respective teams hehehehe, but i shouldnt of thought that the intention to pull a fast one for the match to be played & risked the finances [that is controlled by iron fist is the purse strings generally], thats what makes me think mis-communication all round rather than an intentional gamble as some Brentford fans are insinuating IMHO.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 22-01-2008, 21:05   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyco View Post
you can say what ever you like unhappy bee but a lot of work had been put into that pitch the covers had been put on and the grounds man and a lot of A.S.F.C staff were helping to work on the pitch all week including the day of the match and the fa did get a ref to inspect the pitch and he said it was play able but the reason why the club got the fa to appoint a ref to look at the pitch was to stop a waited journey from you bee fans as we knew there was a lot of fans coming travelling a long journey and the club cannot help the weather. I work at the club on a match day and if there is anyone the fa should be looking at is your fans acting the way you did charging at the stewards who are only there to ensure all safety in and around the ground at the end of the day it is one of those things it happens and it happens to other clubs including us. The ref in the morning was different to the match ref and the match ref has the last say also I am a qualified ref and that match was never going to happen as if the match would have been played the ref wouldn’t have been insured on his liability and the ref could have been open to being liable if a player was injured.
Old 22-01-2008, 21:28   #53
God Member

just watched highlights of swansea v newcastle highlights on espn classics and that pitch was worse than stanleys and it still was a free flowing game we are just too soft these days even leighton james scoredwell it was from 1980..
Old 22-01-2008, 22:10   #54
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

[quote=Stanleymad;520493]Thanks WBB, cant fault the brentford lads that came into the clubhouse, least to get some complimentary free pie & peas down before the journey back, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pie n peas
Old 22-01-2008, 22:16   #55
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBB View Post
Your managers don't give a **** type attitude about travelling fans when interviewed leaves him open to a warm reception on his walk to the dug out though!
Well, I certainly hope that he doesn't have to walk through any mud on his way to the dug out, because if he does, believe me, we'll be making a complaint to the football league!
Old 22-01-2008, 22:25   #56
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Well, I certainly hope that he doesn't have to walk through any mud on his way to the dug out, because if he does, believe me, we'll be making a complaint to the football league!
Old 22-01-2008, 22:34   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
But, Johnny Coleman walks on water.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 23:03   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
But, Johnny Coleman walks on water.
For goodness sake Oggy, thats Andy Proctor who walks on water oh well he will just have to carry Coley then

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 07:56   #59
Super Moderator

There you are, Bees...now please give it a rest!

Stanley To Make Bees Gesture (from Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 23-01-2008, 10:02   #60
God Member

Club Statement now on Fishy Site

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..