Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010, 22:32   #46
Full Member+

Re: Carling Cup -v- Newcastle!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danwhite89 View Post
Your team were able to host Fulham without a hitch.
Fair point, however they had further to travel; are probably nowhere near as well supported as your guys are supported away from home and the demand for home tickets, not just from Accy fans but neutrals who might want to take in the game, will make that Fulham game look like a tea party to organise logistically !!!

I'd hope that the Commercial department are also about to go into overdrive thinking about marketing memorabilia (scarves,flags, etc)

With the potential money this can make the club, with the possibility of T.V. revenue added, this sort of money change the season. I really hope that the club holds true to their word and let's Coley have a chance to splash a little cash.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-08-2010, 22:33   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister Onymfo View Post
Watching Big Brother at the mo. The Geordie narrator hasn't mentioned the draw yet, I think he might be worried about a cup shock .

'its 9.45 at the Croown Groonnd and the Toon are reflecting on a 5-0 thrashing at the hands of Accrington Stanlee, whyhye man
He's actually from Middlesbrough!
danwhite89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 22:36   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
this sort of money change the season. I really hope that the club holds true to their word and let's Coley have a chance to splash a little cash.

me too, we've had a taster of what this team can potentially do (without getting too giddy just yet) so hopefully Sir John has already been told to go forth and find the class striker we are short of.
Old 11-08-2010, 22:36   #49
Junior Member+

Have any of you lot got msn? PM me if you want my addy. I'm absolutely ecstatic with this, I've got this feeling inside me, I really cant describe it. This has got to be one of the best ties we've had in a while, not because it's against Accrington, but on the day it's going to be absolutely amazing. A sell out at the crown ground in-front of the TV cameras (hopefully. A cracking atmosphere, a bit of friendly banter and it's also a team I very much doubt we've played, and this will be another ground to tick off the list, you don't get many chances to go to Accrington, especially if you're a Newcastle fan.

"Accrington Stanley? Who are they!" Mayvbe that famous quote could be re-written to..... The team that beat Newcastle United, you never know, it just could be a memorable night for your lot.

All the best anyway.
Magpie Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 22:36   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by danwhite89 View Post
He's actually from Middlesbrough!
Sorry man ya all soond tha' same ta me .

Seriously, all the best it should be a great experience for everyone
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 22:37   #51
Junior Member+

Fulham's away support is woeful, I'm surprised they even sold out at your ground.
Magpie Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 22:40   #52

Was up at the ground today and almost everybody was saying Newcastle in next round but up in north east, but avin em down the crown suits me down to the ground fantastic draw for the club and if sky televise it there should be plenty of ££££££££££ in it plus a chance for the ultras to put on a show.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 22:40   #53
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
also! i think fans who travelled to doncaster should get first dibs on tickets!
Funny thought season ticket holders had first refusal and not everyone can go to mid-wk away night matchs
Quote:
However....I dare say the local plod may have a say in whether or not this goes ahead at the Crown.

It goes without saying it's all ticket and I think we could probably sell the ground out two or three times over,such will be the demand,however.... what would the cost of policing this at our stadium be??? If that is indeed a pheasable operation to police, knowing that the geordies travel in large numbers.

I've got a feeling that this one will end up switched to a neutral venue !
Not much chance of this been switched or moved to a neutral ground either!! As Stanley have the home tie it will be played at the crown in front of a full house
Old 11-08-2010, 22:40   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
so hopefully Sir John has already been told to go forth and find the class striker we are short of.

Is Ronnie Radford still playing ?
Old 11-08-2010, 22:43   #55
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
also! i think fans who travelled to doncaster should get first dibs on tickets!
Funny thought season ticket holders had first refusal and not everyone can go to away night matchs
Quote:
However....I dare say the local plod may have a say in whether or not this goes ahead at the Crown.

It goes without saying it's all ticket and I think we could probably sell the ground out two or three times over,such will be the demand,however.... what would the cost of policing this at our stadium be??? If that is indeed a pheasable operation to police, knowing that the geordies travel in large numbers.

I've got a feeling that this one will end up switched to a neutral venue !
Not much chance of this been switched or moved to a neutral ground either!! As Stanley have the home tie it will be played at the crown in front of a full houses
Old 11-08-2010, 22:43   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie Ranger View Post
Fulham's away support is woeful, I'm surprised they even sold out at your ground.
And their Team and Management treated our Club in a disgraceful manner , which will never be forgotten at 'The Crown' !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 22:46   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Is Ronnie Radford still playing ?
No but Mullin will probably stuff the Dingles.
Old 11-08-2010, 22:46   #58
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie Ranger View Post
For me, they didn't !!! I'd say they brought about 8-900 !!!! Anyone got an ACTUAL figure of how many fans Fulham brought???

How many like minded Newcastle fans will want to "tick the Crown off their list" or enjoy a good old nostalgic trip down here ??? With the ground at present capacity, policing, segregation I think that Newcastle will get 1500 tickets...at most !!!

I'd bet there were only 3 dozen coppers on duty for that Fulham game... The police presence for this sort of game will dwarf that. And so would the logistical costs !!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 22:47   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
And their Team and Management treated our Club in a disgraceful manner , which will never be forgotten at 'The Crown' !.
What happened, Fulham generally have a good rep.
Delscottio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 22:51   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delscottio View Post
What happened, Fulham generally have a good rep.
Snobbery, snotty gits never used our showers after match, left fer hotel.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..